It is if you don't have the compressor.

I put the shaft in a vice, strip off the old grip.
I have a blowgun attachment that could be used to fill beach toys. I shove the tip into the small hole at the end of the new grip. Start the grip on by hand, 1/4 inch is fine.

Squeeze the trigger, the air fills the shaft and the grip, expanding the grip slightly, and just push it on.

It's easy to do over if you make a mistake.

I leave the old tape in place but you can do this with no tape as well.

well, no compressor for me! :at-wits-end:

well, no compressor for me! :at-wits-end:

DD-

I considered an air compressor for a little while, but I got to the point where I can do solvent regripping indoors without making a mess. And since I only regrip (at most) 2x a year, I decided the expense of the air compressor wasn't economical. Not to mention to # of grips I would exploderate before learning to do it correctly.

You cannot 'exploderate' them.

The air is always leaking from the grip so no pressure builds up.

you could 'exploderate' them taking old grips off but the razor is so much simpler.

You probably don't want to buy a compressor for this sole purpose. I just use them for work and have 3 or 4 of them just laying around anyway.
Although, if you have or plan to have kids then it may be worth the expense.....many beach toys to blow up, bike tires to be mended and refilled as well as the occasional driveway flat. (I plug my own tires too. :act-up:)

I use a air compressor for changing motorcycle grips, I would never go back to the old way, its a different kind of grip but the same concept. If you have a garage to put it in, a air compressor is always a good investment.

None of you use air to do this?

I blow mine on with a compressor. I can do a whole set in 10 minutes or less and they are ready to play.

No messy solvent and no waiting for them to dry.

I even brought a compressor to the course once this year and did a set for a friend in the parking lot. :)

I'll never use solvent again.

Do you still use tape (old or new)?
I tried with a small compressor one time - not powerful enough - made it very difficult with tape.

Also - Any issues with slippage?

Do you still use tape (old or new)?
I tried with a small compressor one time - not powerful enough - made it very difficult with tape.

The folks I know who blow grips on say that they don't use tape.

Reviving this one guys, wanted to order new grip from Golfsmith. How can I find out the shaft diameter of my clubs? I looked on the shafts themselves and couldn't find it. I'm guessing .600", if there is anyway to verify before I order that would be great.

And to me the best grips out there right now are the Winn PCI. But its all personal opinion.

I love these as well, great control and feel great as well. But, since trying the X Evolution Iomic, all my clubs will get those as needed.

Back