Live Update Thread - 2014 Putting Extravaganza w/ SeeMore Putters

5 wood :( lol no more 3 wood in the bag and I thinned the heck out of it too. They were tight fairways the first day, but I did miss many with the DRIVER!
serves you right

with this type of treatment and knowledge, i may even consider changing to a see more putter and give up my ben hogan that i have used since 1972 !.....maybe! lol

I can't remember if I replied to this post yet or not pop, but it's time to upgrade and get you rolling a SeeMore which will make you an even better putter which is definitely scary. We'll find ya one you like and you can pick anyone out you want and I'll pick up the tab as an early Christmas or birthday present for ya. I feel so strongly about this company after the weekend I had they truly have the best putters in the world.

Thought Fowler was in NC? :) What are you hitting off the tee with, Jimmy?

Actually went with the Big Dog!

Haahahaha dude I still giggle uncontrollably when I see this post! lol!!

I was bummed you left. Was trying to get a pic before we took off. But it was great meeting you man. Gotta hit the links soon!

I was bummed you left. Was trying to get a pic before we took off. But it was great meeting you man. Gotta hit the links soon!

For sure dude. Cleveland is only like 4 hours for us. Meet in the middle sometime and it's nothin! You making the October get together at Pine Lakes in Hubbard OH?

For sure dude. Cleveland is only like 4 hours for us. Meet in the middle sometime and it's nothin! You making the October get together at Pine Lakes in Hubbard OH?

Def gonna try to. Went to it last year. Gotta make sure it fits in with the family's trip, but I don't see it being a problem

I just wanted to thank everyone at SeeMore (and THP too!) for putting this amazing event together! It by far surpassed anything I could've imagined.

I have used SeeMore since I discovered the THP reviews of the Si-series and m-Series (it's what led me to join THP), and have always been deeply impressed with the dedication, passion, and helpfulness of everyone associated with Seemore & SPi. The chance to listen to Jim tell his story of how SeeMore was reincarnated, the sessions with Ben and Ted Gallina & Cody were amazing! And then to top it all off, the on-course coaching by Ted, Ben & Cody and all the SeeMore hospitality Saturday night - words can't really do this event justice.

I think David Winchell summed it up best when we were driving from the HQ to the golf course on Saturday. I asked him what he thought (since he had never gamed SeeMore before, and because he is a very good golfer), and he replied:
"I am overloaded with information. This is so amazing. I have been a really good golfer my whole life, and I've never heard any of this stuff before!"

I said "I think that's the point. Hardly anyone has approached putting systematically." I think almost everyone came away from that Saturday morning session dazed and amazed at how much went into the entire SeeMore line, and how great a system of putting SeeMore has created!

Time to get a Putting Professor & start practicing those breakers on the course!

Last weekend was fantastic. I am finally starting to catch up here at home and wanted to jump in here and let everyone know how great SeeMore was /is.
It started as a crazy weekend for me, as I had to do a quick change with the travel plans and drive instead of fly. Tried to get hooked up with some others driving up, but missed them by a few hours. I ended up catching up with them at a little after 3 am in Memphis. We all got into Franklin and met up with flying wedge for some Golf Galaxy and then lunch.
I was a little late for the meet and greet, as I had to pick up duffer too from the airport and together we found everyone already talking putting.
It was great catching up with the everyone that I already knew, and a pleasure to meet many new THPers. It was a fun evening.
Everyone has already explained about the SeeMore hospitality and how fantastic they were, but the personal attention was unbelievable. Having them spend time with each of us, in SeeMore HQ and on the course, was special. I, for one, really needed the help and refreshers on the SPI teachings. I had lost my way with my putting. I will be looking for a local SPI to continue with my improvement.
To everyone at SeeMore, thank you for everything you all did last weekend. It was a great weekend and I hope you do it again. I know I would be interested in returning.
I would also like thank Josh for putting this together, and driving the THP van up to Nashville. I love showing up to events and seeing the THP van on site. It's always special.
THP and SeeMore put together an unbelievable event, and I am extremely thankful to both you for having it.

I had posted some bits and pieces of recaps along the way, but I'll compile a little bit more, here, now that I made it through work this week (which was freakin' hard after such a great weekend of fun and golf). It’s gonna be a bit long-winded, partly because I want to capture it and be able to come back in the future and relive it, so will be split into multiple posts.

Friday morning started really early, with a quick bite to eat and then off to the airport. Wait… Unplanned stop on the way to the airport as something at breakfast didn’t sit well. Not enough time to catch original flight, so had to find another flight to Nashville. Not a great start, but found new flight (at a different airport, D’oh!) and successfully made the flight to Nashville.

Arrived in Nashville a little bit before Troyefl. After he arrived, he grabbed the rental vehicle (seemed almost natural to have the F150 rolling through Nashville). I had the chance to play golf with Troyefl (as well as JaxGolfer1 and Greg Kulbick) earlier this year, so it was good to see him, again. (If anyone has a chance to play with some of the Jacksonville THP crew, don’t pass on the opportunity – great guys). We headed straight for Pine Creek Golf Club in Mt. Juliet.

Pine Creek looked to be a really fun layout, but their fairways took a beating over the winter and still showed lots of damage. The greens were in really good condition, though. I’d love to play it, again, with the fairways recovered. I joined Troyefl and coers, with DawgDaddy and SoxFan right behind us. Coers is making progress towards his #THPMC debut; keep it up, bud, you’ll do just fine. Was my first time meeting both DD and SoxFan – really good guys from one of my home states. It was a fun round, and a great start to what was going to be a golf weekend beyond my expectations.

Friday evening was the meet and greet with THPers as well as some members of the SeeMore team at Tin Roof. I had a goal to be much more outgoing during this event, as I tried to just “get the feel” for THP events/peeps during my first two invitationals. I’m pretty sure (though won’t guarantee it), that I made my way around to everyone. Lots of different personalities, but all with THP and a passion for golf in common. It was awesome of the SeeMore team to join us – was obvious that this was different than the invitationals and that SeeMore was a different kind of golf equipment company. After leaving Tin Roof, joined some veteran THPers for some beers and watching the rest of the Kings/Rangers game. Again, great guys, who were more than willing to let a more quiet THPer join in on conversation, though I admit to being more interested in listening to stories of equipment testing and THP events of past. Hockey game ended, so off to bed for an early Saturday morning...

Didn’t sleep a lot on Friday night, but was excited and ready to head over to SeeMore on Saturday morning. Right off the bat, the hospitality of SeeMore was readily apparent, as they welcomed us in and had coffee and bagels at the ready. We had a tour of the facilities followed by some introductions and a plan for the day. Oh, did I mention the SWAG?!?! Amazing package of stuff (several folks posted pics, so I won’t repeat that.)

My group first headed to a fitting discussion/session with Cody and Ted. Wow! Eyes really opened, as I started with Cody, and we focused on finding a better posture (I love and hate the balance disks – these would be a great training aid for solidifying stances for putting and full swings). I could definitely see a difference in my posture before/after. Moved over to Ted, who was focusing on tweaking potential putter parameters. I have a tendency to “hold off” on my putter release, so he had me putt with my eyes closed and by just rotating my shoulders, letting the putter flow through impact. Such a different feeling for me, and something I need to continue working on, because it definitely made a difference on my results (speed not withstanding). My specs are standard lie angle and 35.5”.

Next stop was with Ben, from the Mike Bender Elite Golf Academy. Discussion included SPi, and touching on some of the students Ben has worked with (putting strokes looked great). Ben also delved into some instructional and technical putting topics which further opened my eyes to things I need to start working on, if I want to become a better putter. I’ll be procuring the Kostis Putting Professor shortly, as well as starting with SPi in July.

Last tour portion was with Jim and Alex in the build shop and warehouse. Lots of interesting discussion, especially around SeeMore’s history and direction. Also talked about the current state of the golf equipment industry, especially related to putters. They have a plan and are sticking to it; international market involvement was pretty impressive to hear about – I hope that trend continues in the US as well. They were willing to answer any and every question the group could throw at them. It was pretty amazing that a bunch of THPers (many of whom were already SeeMore devotees) were able to be as attentive as they were, with all of the putters surrounding us in the build area/warehouse – this is where some of us started gravitating towards future purchases.

Now, off to The Hermitage Golf Course in Old Hickory for our afternoon round of golf on their General’s Retreat course. More “Wow!” A fantastic golfing facility, in great condition. Everyone warmed-up and then headed to the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] tee en masse. If you haven’t seen a group of THPers descend on the first tee, it’s pretty neat to experience. No feelings of pretense, just a group of folks ready to enjoy each other’s company and enjoy the golfing experience before them. BONUS: SeeMore folks were going to spend some time with each group throughout the round. Seriously cool – Ben started with our group and was a huge help (Can flat-out hit the ball, too, as he drilled a drive later in the front 9 that was well beyond our own drives, and he only had a handful of practice swings. Talent rules!) My group is first on the tee: #cookie, Amart, and SoxFan. #Cookie hit the first drive just to the left, fairway. The #OutingApproved designation makes its THP event debut! I’m up, no pressure after my cart partner hits a solid first drive, right? Strangely, I wasn’t at all nervous, and hit my 3 wood dead center of the narrowest portion of the fairway. #OutingAppoved, and proud of it! A GIR later, and 2 putts for a starting par – made it look like I knew what I was doing. LOL! I didn’t play well for a good chunk of the round, with lots of putting woes, especially on the front (trying to think through some of the things I had learned that morning as well as some advice from Ben, all of which will help me moving forward, but trying to implement some of it right there was my mistake). Still, I had some good shots and a lot of learnings as to where I need to go with my putting. An all-around fantastic round of golf, with good guys, on a great course. We sat on the back of the green and watched every group come in on 18. Just as impressive as seeing THPers gather on the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] tee, is seeing them welcome everyone on 18, beers in-hand, enjoying the comradery.

Quick clean-up, then back to SeeMore for some BBQ! We all dove-in to generous helpings – no one could have been left wanting after that spread. As might be expected, the putter selection/ho-ing began. There was also an putting competition, where SeeMore put up a signed Zach Johnson putter. Congrats to doctrussel for sinking the 2-break putt for the win! Troyefl followed that up with winning a limited edition Payne Stewart FGP in a drawing; well deserved, sir. Jim and the SeeMore crew opened up some inventory and each of us added a nice shirt, a putter grip, and a head cover, in addition to the original SWAG. SeeMore was already more than generous and this was just over-the-top. Several of us had been eyeing specific putters, so the ordering began. And, for those of us that weren’t getting something more custom, the SeeMore crew finished the build right then-and-there! Absolutely fantastic customer service – I can understand why so many guys are loyal to SeeMore. I walked away with a black SB1, with whistle shaft; loved the pronounced sight line. It along with the RST will help me with aim and alignment. We finally left, after 11:30 PM. Yes, “after” 11:30. Can’t say enough about the SeeMore crew...

Sunday arrives, and we’re headed back to The Hermitage for a round on the President’s Reserve course. I already mentioned the great facilities at The Hermitage. The Reserve course was more open than the Retreat course, and still in excellent condition. I put the new SB1 into play and was much more confident, starting with the putting green. Teed it up with niteowl03, Flying Wedge, and my cart partner was DawgDaddy. We all hit some good shots during the first 9 holes, when niteowl03 headed-out for a long drive back to TX. Remaining partners continued on for a few more holes, before Flying Wedge had to catch his flight. Alex, from SeeMore came out to the course and spent time with each group. He didn’t have to do that, but it was an awesome gesture – would be a fun playing partner. Everyone getting a better idea as to SeeMore’s customer focus? DawgDaddy and I finished the round playing with Jman, SoxFan, and doctrussel. Too bad both Jman and I yanked our first drives left on 18. I hate to finish a round with a drive like that! I ended up going 38/46 (the 38 included 3 three-putts, dang it!). The back included some missed approach shots that I executed on during the front 9. Still a decent score.

Waited for groups to come in, got cleaned-up, then Troyefl and I headed out to get a much needed late lunch, then to the airport. We finished the SeeMore Putting Extravaganza weekend watching the US Open at the airport, enjoying some frosty beverages. I finally arrived home late on Sunday night, and headed straight to bed and was out.

Thanks to Troyefl for taking care of splitting the rental “truck” with me. Much appreciated, bud, and I hope we can get another round in, soon. To my cart mates and playing partners: I really enjoyed playing golf with all of you and getting to know you better. Did I mention having fun? That’s what this weekend’s golf was for me. Thank you for contributing to that. Special thanks to SeeMore for their amazing hospitality and for going above-and-beyond in providing THPers with a tremendous amount of putting information both from an instructional standpoint, but also regarding fitting and industry insights. To THP, another great event you worked to arrange. I don’t know how I could have imagined this event going, but I do know anything I could have imagined would not have been equal to how the event transpired. Thank you for everything.

After a very busy week, wanted to get in here and do a recap on this incredible gathering. For me and Jim (JHoll2277) it began around noon on Thursday when we left West TN and headed for the middle of the state. We arrived in Murfreesboro, in plenty of time for a round at Old Fort. This was an awesome little course and we hadn't great time there. After a quick bite and some rebroadcast footage of The Open, I was out like a light. The rain came though and at around 5:30 found myself looking at the radar and wondering if we were going to be able to play that day. Jim and I checked out and made our way to the Waffel House for some grub while we waited and watched the weather. It was soon time to head to the airport to pick up Cookie and Nate who were coming in from TX.

After loading up the car at the airport we headed to Gaylord Springs for a round of golf. A funny thing happened too, about five minutes before we were to tee off, the clouds began to part and the rain stopped. Not another drop of rain fell the entire weekend either. #Awesome. Gaylord Springs was in awesome condition and a very challenging course. We all had a great time. After the round, we headed to the hotel to get checked in and cleaned up for meet and greet. The Tin Roof took good care of us as we all got caught up with old friends and made new ones. The Seemore staff dropped in as well and made their way around speaking with each little THP Cell that had formed. On the way back to the hotel, we spotted Coer's walking aimlessly and thought it best to give him a ride.

Saturday morning arrived and it was off to Seemore HQ for some knowledge. Much has been said already about each of the three groups we broke into and what took place, so instead I want to go in a different direction. I have always known that Seemore has had a presence on THP as a sponsor. What struck me on Saturday as we descended on their offices was how genuinely happy they were to have us there. As we later learned, Seemore gets a tremendous amount of Real time feedback from THP and its members and they really enjoy being involved with us. After speaking with us on the forums, they were excited to actually share with us their "home" and show us where and how the magic happens. It really was a special treat to be part of this.

Golf at The Generals Retreat was a lot of fun with Bhillin, Flying Wedge and Capt. Dru. After sorting out my driver. I actually played pretty decent on the back. Our group had fun I think and we sort of felt sorry for the non THP'rs behind us since there was really no place for them to go.

Dinner and more instruction was the order of the evening and I got to spend some time working with Cody. We went through several putters and decided that the X2 at 33" and 70 degrees was the best option for me. Again, even at 11:30 p.m. The entire staff of Seemore was still going strong and happy to have us there. It was time for bed, as the President's Reserve would be calling soon.........

Continued....

Sunday morning came quickly and we were off for another round. AMart, AfwCardinal, David Winchell and I made our way around this awesome course and I hope they had as much fun as I did with their company. Post round, it was time to pack up Cookie and Nate and head to the airport. Jim and I headed West for home and the post event hangover started.

This event was a long time coming since we got in it in October. IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT! The size of the group allowed for a really intimate sort of setting where things were not rushed. Seemore personnel got to really know us and we really got to know them. The golf and the venue was amazing. Both courses at the Hermitage were very well maintained and the entire staff there treated us well. Huge thanks to JB, GG and Seemore for working together to conceive a gathering like this. It was special indeed.

Random Thoughts:

1. It never gets old meeting THP'rs!
2. Coers snores...just a little.
3. It's not a U-Turn, it's a Directional Shift. Besides, it's all about the journey!
4. David Winchell hits his 8 iron further than I hit my 5 iron.
5. I will always have a Seemore putter......or two.....or......
6. When can we do it again?

JM

It's a week later and I still enjoy reading these recaps.

Thanks guys.

It's a week later and I still enjoy reading these recaps.

Thanks guys.

You sure got that right! It's a week later and I wish it was a week EARLIER :act-up: So much fun it was.

JM

I agree on the 'when can we do it again' point... This is a MUST repeat!

So true. It was much more than just a get together.

The SeeMore folks are some of the best in the biz and their open arms welcoming was incredible.

I would do this one again without hesitation!

No question about it. I would go back anytime I was fortunate enough to win a spot.

JM

I think you snore so loud you thought it was me but it was only yourself bud. I sleep quiet just like a baby.
2. Coers snores...just a little.

Finally getting time at the computer for a recap. Most everything has been hashed over quit a bit, so just the highlights here.

Started Friday morning at 6 am for the 11 hour drive to Franklin (sure wish the wife's car had cruise control). Pulled into the hotel right at 5 pm, checked in and then headed to the tin roof to meet some previous acquaintances and new THPers. Good food and fellowship and great that the SeeMore guys showed up and visited with us a while.

Saturday morning at SeeMore HQ gaining great knowledge from Cody, Ted, Ben, Jim, and Alex (and some great swag). Any question you wanted to ask from putting knowledge to business. Seemed like any question was fair game. Was great to see many THPers interested in the business aspect of SeeMore, and I think that Jim and Alex were genuinely interested in our questions and comments from the business aspect. Then off to the Hermitage for a wonderful round. It is something to see a group of THPers descend onto the first tee, unfortunately I was a little long to be #outingapproved. Had a great time (score did not reflect that) and then to sit on 18 and watch the other groups come in was something I had never done before and it was something to see.

Back to SeeMore HQ for some BBQ, fittings and more instruction. What a relaxing atmosphere, the SeeMore crew are just a bunch of great guys and genuinely wanted to be there, even until 11:30 that night still cutting and gripping what putters they could to have in guys hands for the Sunday round. These days it is hard to find service like that. The putting contest was quit a bit of fun, my only saving grace for that was vman was not feeling his best. Had he been at 100% I don't think I would have had a chance. Then troyfl wins a commemorative Payne Stewart putter in a random drawing (Cody had a tough time getting that one gripped, but he would not accept defeat). Now they bring out more swag. How great are these guys? Wrap up around 11:30 and head back to the hotel.

Sunday morning back to the course for another great round (again score not reflective of such), but how can it not be a great round playing with this many THPers especially with many rolling a new SeeMore. After being on both courses at the Hermitage, I can see why it is ranked where it is for TN public courses. A few short goodbyes and then back in the car for the 11 hour trip home. So ends 1 of the top 10 weekends I have ever had, not just golfing weekends but all weekends in life.

This was only my second THP event and what an outing for my sophmore experience.

My only complaints to the weekend would be:
1. 11 hours is a long time in a car
2. The event was only a weekend
3. I did not get the chance to play a round with each and every person there

A parting thought: after this weekend the only way a SeeMore will not be in the bag is if they stop making putters. A great product with even better customer service and just a great bunch of people. Hope we get the chance to do this again next year.

I can say without a doubt if this event happens next year I will be there. That is if its not the weekend of my anniversary lol in all seriousness looks like you guys had a blast

I don't travel as many of you know but this event was my favorite this far.

I had to come back in here and say that I have putted better since this event, than I ever have. Made more birdies, pars, and my distance control has been so much better.
I just wanted to say again, Thank you SeeMore. I love where my game is going because of this weekend and what I learned from you all.

That's great afw.

I had to come back in here and say that I have putted better since this event, than I ever have. Made more birdies, pars, and my distance control has been so much better.
I just wanted to say again, Thank you SeeMore. I love where my game is going because of this weekend and what I learned from you all.

:thumb:

You're not the only one buddy. Just the quick 5 mins I spent with Cody has completely changed my putting and for the better. I'm seeing much much better results which has my confidence through the roof with the flatstick.

Back