If you could go back in time, what is THE one golf event you would attend?

DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
Title says it all. If you had a time machine and could go back to any event in the history of golf, which one would it be and why?

Mine would be the 1999 Ryder cup singles day.

I'm just going to post the very first thing that popped into my head and that would be to see Francis Ouimet win the 1913 US Open. I really don't even know why off the top of my head but it would be pretty cool.

Its one I already attended. The 1994 US Open at Oakmont with my grandfather.

sent without the boss's knowledge...

No one else wants to go back in time?

For me it would be Tiger's first win at the Masters

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me would be anytime Jack and Arnold were in there prime. Man that would be awesome.

The Duel in the Sun, 1977.

1986 Masters.

1986 Masters......Jack baby!

99 us open. Payne in his prime

The first Augusta National Invitational.

JM

Trevino's playoff round against Jack, Merion, 1971 US Open.

I'd want to see the 1979 Open Championship at Royal Lytham and St. Annes. Seve Ballesteros at his imaginative best. That parking lot shot, especially.

Tiger's Duel in the Dark. Hands down.

1999 US Open and Payne

So hard to choose one. But 86 masters for sure.

I remember watching a documentary on it the 1991 Ryder Cup "War by the shore" seemed like a VERY intense match, I think that one would be fun to see in person.

The 1953 British open where Hogan won the only open championship he played in, it must have been amazing to watch him work his way around a course, his focus was unmatched.

Not my selection, but of note, yesterday might be a good one to recollect 10 years from now. That was nuts.

I think you are right. 10 years from now they will still be talking about that performance.

1999 Ryder Cup in Brookline, MA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first ever THP get together.

Back