iCaddi Golf Towel Review Thread

Can't wait for the reviews. I'll assume you got my email but never received word back from you.

hello guys sorry for the late response but ive sent out the towels to the address you have provided me with, so im guessing some of you should recieve the towel no later then thursday for most of you but the guys over seas might take a little longer thanks for your support.

Thanks Mike!
I didn't get a reply back, so I hope you got my note.
I hope the new towel gets here by Thursday as I have a long weekend of golf planned and would like to put it through a thorough test. (say that 3 times fast!)

Sounds great! Can't wait!

Snuck out for 9 holes again today. I decided to do a little experiment, but left my freaking phone in the car so no pics.. My bad.

I brought the iCaddi and then also brought 2 towels like so many people here seem to like to do. One was a wet towel and another a dry towel. I alternated between the two methods, the iCaddi and the two towel method and found that the iCaddi is much better at getting my clubs clean than the two towel method. I think this is because of the microfiber material that gets into the grooves a little better, but I cant be sure.

I am really excited to recieve the "improved" towel sometime this week and will have pictures to follow.

This improved iCaddi might just be the ticket. I also thought that video helped, although like many here, while I think it is a good solution, I guess I'm a carabiner guy as well.

Looking forward to the next round of reviews with the iCaddi2. :)

I am looking forward to the new version coming in. I hope it makes it in today so I can take it to the course tomorrow.

Look what arrived today.

6147858664_846637b24e_z.jpg

6147310075_08a224c8f2_z.jpg

My initial thoughts on the new version of the iCaddi towel, are that it is a little thicker and softer than the original version. The nap always appears to be a little longer. The towel is a full section shorter than the original version, which I think will be nice, since it will not hang quite a far down the bag. The design and folds all appear to be the same as the original version. I am looking forward to trying this out either Friday or Saturday.

Here are the two versions pictured together (the orange being the original)
6147309827_689fb20dbf_z.jpg

Look what arrived.. Take it easy on me its my first video

photo4.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

photo2-2.jpg

photo1-2.jpg

Towel is going to be sweet! Thanks Vatten Inc and THP!

Just a reminder to testers, photos and video are great and we love them but we also still want to see write ups so please don't forget to write about your experience with the product. Thanks!!

Just a reminder to testers, photos and video are great and we love them but we also still want to see write ups so please don't forget to write about your experience with the product. Thanks!!

GG, if this was directed at me I apologize. I just wanted to get some initial pics and a video up of the new towel before work.

nice!!! hope everyone can get there towels before the weekend, looking forward to hear some more reviews on the icaddi. thanks testers and THP!!!

I received my new and improved iCaddi towel in the mail today. Thanks Mike for a quick mail out. I think that this can show what kind service we can expect from iCaddie when these go live. I can't wait to take the new iCaddie out on the course tomorrow for some testing time. Here are some comparison pictures and initial thoughts on the new towel.

IMG_9418.jpg

Here are the new and old side by side. I really like new color, even though I didn't mind the orange. One think about the new color is that it is Carolina Blue. Do you think they make one in NC State Red? I think the fabric feels very similar to me. I don't know if there has been a change in it. If there has I can't tell a difference.

IMG_9424.jpg

The new one is about 4 1/2" short than the older one. I am not sure if this is going to make a difference to me or not. I have been folding it in the compact method and can't tell a difference between the two folded like that.

IMG_9425.jpg

IMG_9429.jpg

Here is a some pics of the two towel unfolded side by side. You can see the 4 1/2" difference here too.

IMG_9433.jpg

Here is a up close pic of the 4 1/2" size difference between the two towels.

IMG_9434.jpg

This is a up close picture of the instructions that are printed on the towel. If you want a better picture of this let me know.

I am having trouble seeing a big difference between these two towels other than 4 1/2" of dry towel fabric. I am not sure if this new towel will preform any better than the older model did. I can't tell a difference in the fabric from one towel to the other. Some benefits of the new towel could be if you keep it in the "A" folding style on your bag. It won't hang down as long and drag the ground for stand bags. I am headed out to the course tomorrow for 18 holes after work. I can't wait to see what different characteristics will come out of this new towel. Thanks so much Mike for sending out the new improved version for us to test out.

Today before class I went to the driving range for a quick session so that I could compare the old and new iCaddis and see if the new one performed better than the old one. I left the towels at home after soaking them so that I could simulate how the towel would clean after 5-6 holes on the course. Here are some initial thoughts about the new towel along with some pictures and stuff.

Looks: A. This towel looks so much better than the brown one in every way. The color really pops and it looks good on my bag.

Size: A+. The size is even better than the other one. I am a fan of bigger towels, but this one is just a bit smaller than the old iCaddi and it suits my eye really well.

Wet Course Conditions: A. I had to rate this lower than the original for the simple fact that it doesnt clean any better than the original IMO. It is still early in my testing, but thus far I have found it to perform the exact same as the old one.

Wetness?: A. The same as the old one. Stays wet after soaking it.

Ease of clean: B+. This towel is pretty easy to clean. You just open it up, put a little soap on it and scrub. This is rated a little lower than the original for the simple fact that the blue shows a lot more dirt after being cleaned than the brown one does.

Clip: B-. I dont like the clip at all. The lanyard doesn't suit my eye or give me confidence the towel will stay on so I switched to a carabiner after a few round and that works much better for me.

So far I am thinking it is about the same towel just a bit smaller and looks better. If that is the case I will have no problems with it because I love the original. I will be using the new one basically exclusively now and may let a buddy use the original iCaddi to see what he thinks. Thanks again to Vatten Inc for sending us the new one to test and I really think you guys have a winner with this.

Thoughts on the original iCaddi for reference.
Spoiler
Looks: B+. I am not a huge fan of the looks of this towel. It isn't terrible, and I think if I had a different color I may think differently, but the brown doesn't suit my eye too much. I like the Gray one that MikeF has and think I would rate it higher if that color was on my bag.

Size: A. I like a bigger towel. I clip it on my cart bag and it doesnt drag on the ground. I think the size is perfect and it gives a lot of room to clean the club off with.

Wet course conditions: A++ I have had a decent amount of experience with the wet weather lately and this towel really shines. I have a steep swing and tend to take big divots and so sometimes my clubs have a lot of dirt/grass, and this dirt turns to mud when it is wet, but 99% of the time the iCaddi gets the club cleaned and only once in a blue moon do I have to worry about grabbing the brushpro to clean the grooves.

Dry course conditions: A. This towel does the job really well here as well. If the course is dry you can leave your groove cleaner at home because the iCaddi will clean your clubs off perfectly without it.

Wetness?: A. After reading the advice on soaking the towel before the round I have found it easily holds up on 18 holes for me. At first I was having to rewet it about 10-12 holes in, but now it lasts 18 and is still wet at the end of the round.

Ease of clean: A-. This towel is pretty easy to clean. You just open it up, put a little soap on it and scrub and it looks virtually brand new. I wish you could throw it in the washing machine, but the work isnt such that it feels like a pain to clean it after a round. I have found it is much easier to clean it right after a round then to wait a couple of days, and thats what I would reccomend.

Durability- A. This towel has shown no signs of wear and tear. I have taken it to the range 20+ times and played over 100 holes of golf with it and after cleaning it still looks virtually brand new.

Clip: B-. I dont like the clip at all. The lanyard doesn't suit my eye or give me confidence the towel will stay on so I switched to a carabiner after a few round and that works much better for me.

Now for some pictures and a video

Spoiler
THP011.jpg

picture of the two clubs I cleaned

Spoiler
THP011.jpg

another picture of the dirty clubs

Spoiler
THP013.jpg

two iCaddis side by side

Spoiler
THP015.jpg

club cleaned with the old iCaddi towel.

Spoiler
THP016.jpg

Club that was used on the new iCaddi. Not any cleaner than the old one IMO

Spoiler
THP017.jpg

old iCaddi towel and how it looked after cleaning clubs today

Spoiler
THP020.jpg

after washing the old towel this is how it looks

Spoiler
THP018.jpg

new iCaddi after cleaning clubs

Spoiler
THP019.jpg

new iCaddi after washing

Last edited:
I like the shorter towel. TH - those were possibly the dirtiest two clubs I've ever seen haha.

I like the blue much more than the orange as well. I would have a hard time putting the orange one on my bag.

Hawk - can I just say "ditto"? LOL

Shorter blue one would function better on my bag if I had one and those were some NASTY looking clubs in that first pic TH34!!

DMB - great photos man of the updated towels that you received. You guys may have not heard it all that much but you are doing a great job with this review!! I think many forum members come in here and see that it is working, maybe make a comment, and then leave since it is not really something that is going to change all that much from a review perspective. Sorry for the ramble but wanted to let you know that your efforts and reviews are not going unnoticed by me.

I like the shorter towel. TH - those were possibly the dirtiest two clubs I've ever seen haha.

Hawk,

I tried to get some pretty steep swings and leave quite a bit of mud on them just to see how they would clean. My clubs arent usually that dirty to be honest haha

That was a good idea man.

Hawk,

I tried to get some pretty steep swings and leave quite a bit of mud on them just to see how they would clean. My clubs arent usually that dirty to be honest haha

That was a good idea man.

I thought so. Its like mccook said people come in and look, but there isnt much to comment on because its somewhat the same thing every time. Im just trying to keep the thread fresh and keep people interested.

And if anyone has any questions please let me know

Spoiler
THP011.jpg

picture of the two clubs I cleaned

It looks like you and your clubs got in a fight with a mud puddle.

Excellent job, and great writeup!

Texashacker34, dude I love the honesty in your review. Thats what this is about and dang thats a lot of mud!

Texashacker34, dude I love the honesty in your review. Thats what this is about and dang thats a lot of mud!

You got to be honest. That will help the designer more than me telling him its so perfect in every way blah blah.. I love the towel and will buy another one when these lose their durability, but the improved towel isnt really improved.. at least in my short testing.

As for the mud did that to sort of show the power these things have if you do happen to chunk one that much

Nice writeup Texashacker 34, can´t wait to get my hands on my towel. Oh, and nice going with the clubs, those were disgustingly dirty.

Back