While I may not be a certified teaching pro, I've read many books on the golf swing. Just because my handicap is a 9 does not mean that I can't see things that you can. There are countless reasons why swing coaches, like yourself, and aficionados of the golf swing, like myself, aren't playing on the tour. Lack of knowledge regarding the golf swing isn't one of the reasons.

Suffice it to say that your, or Butch, telling me something does not mean that I will blindly accept your judgments or opinions at face value. I do have a mind after all and the right, and every expectation, to use it to qualify your judgments and opinions, as well as anyone else, for myself.

But that's just me. If others choose to take the path of least resistance and blindly follow the teachings of others more credentialed than they are, it is certainly their right to do so.

I'll go with Butch, sorry.

While I may not be a certified teaching pro, I've read many books on the golf swing. Just because my handicap is a 9 does not mean that I can't see things that you can. There are countless reasons why swing coaches, like yourself, and aficionados of the golf swing, like myself, aren't playing on the tour. Lack of knowledge regarding the golf swing isn't one of the reasons.

Suffice it to say that your, or Butch, telling me something does not mean that I will blindly accept your judgments or opinions at face value. I do have a mind after all and the right, and every expectation, to use it to qualify your judgments and opinions, as well as anyone else, for myself.

But that's just me. If others choose to take the path of least resistance and blindly follow the teachings of others more credentialed than they are, it is certainly their right to do so.
Somebody needs a hug! I too think I have issues with an early release along with too long of a back swing. Thanks for being so helpful Freddie.

No worries my man, see you in 17 hrs at TPC Sawgrass, yea baby

If getting to parallel isn't natural for someone, due to flexibility or technique, then forcing themselves to get there can introduce more swing problems than just a lack of clubhead speed.

I have a friend who is the poster child for this.

A lot of this turn, etc depends on body type. I have some back & shoulder issues, but I am also thick ( muscular moreso than fat - did a lot of lifting ) through my chest & shoulder area. I also have probably the straightest left arm you will ever find lol! I have basically a 1/2 swing, but I still get the ball out there 230-240. If I try to get more, bad things happen! I actually get plenty of turn, I just can't get my hands very high. My plan is during this off season I will get this shoulder taken care of, and I am going to drop 30#, maybe even lose a bit of muscle mass, and see where I can go with that.

Ok. I had my lesson today. I was casting a little early but more than that my down swing transition was violent. lol. And I wasn't getting much hip rotation. So he had me take my backswing and pause then take my down swing and hit the ball. It worked great!!!! They was straight and longer than I've eve hit it. After the lesson I played 9 holes and was hitting the driver 275 285 consistently and got one out to 294!!!! ( per golfshot). And I ony sliced one.i was happy with the results. A big thanks to tadashi for the tips and advice...... Before today I usually hit it 230 to 240...

Ok. I had my lesson today. I was casting a little early but more than that my down swing transition was violent. lol. And I wasn't getting much hip rotation. So he had me take my backswing and pause then take my down swing and hit the ball. It worked great!!!! They was straight and longer than I've eve hit it. After the lesson I played 9 holes and was hitting the driver 275 285 consistently and got one out to 294!!!! ( per golfshot). And I ony sliced one.i was happy with the results. A big thanks to tadashi for the tips and advice...... Before today I usually hit it 230 to 240...

Sounds like your pro had the cute, I'm glad you're hitting it again!!

Sounds like your pro had the cute, I'm glad you're hitting it again!!
Hitting it again????? I was never hitting it good to start with hahaha. Thanks for your help!

I keep my chin high, and get my shoulder under my chin. If you imagine that you have to kiss your shoulder, to really helps. One thing I have a problem with is that I tend to tilt towards the target when I try to get my club farther but that doesn't help it makes it worse hah.

Back