The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, it is all in how you count them, I think if we all look back there are multiple (mythical) national champions each year. As we all know one very close southern college has a very unique way of totaling theirs.

I have no idea who you could be talking about, haha.

That was one of the reasons I wanted to beat ya'll so bad this year, if we lost it would have been the first time in a VERY long time UGA has held the overall lead in the series... and we can't have that now can we.

I saw the highlights. Impressive. He should be invited to New York and NIU should go to a BCS game (if they win out).

Jordan Lynch is definitely one of the best athletes in CFB, but didn't we see NIU in the BCS Orange Bowl January 1st this year?

I have no idea who you could be talking about, haha.

That was one of the reasons I wanted to beat ya'll so bad this year, if we lost it would have been the first time in a VERY long time UGA has held the overall lead in the series... and we can't have that now can we.

Maybe in a couple of years, we'll see.

Jordan Lynch is definitely one of the best athletes in CFB, but didn't we see NIU in the BCS Orange Bowl January 1st this year?

Sure. I don't remember tbh. But does that mean they shouldn't be asked back? I don't believe that should keep them out this season

Sure. I don't remember tbh. But does that mean they shouldn't be asked back? I don't believe that should keep them out this season

It's just my opinion that we've seen that dance already. Nothing against smaller schools being rewarded with a big time Bowl, just not in prime time in January.

Apparently losing two NC but winning six other BCS games means you should never play in one again either. Do people realize Bama is only 3-2 in BCS games? Yeah that's three championships but not such a stellar record overall.

Apparently losing two NC but winning six other BCS games means you should never play in one again either. Do people realize Bama is only 3-2 in BCS games? Yeah that's three championships but not such a stellar record overall.

Not at all. If NIU has a BCS rating that gets them to the Orange Bowl then they absolutely deserve to go, but as a CFB fan I personally wouldn't want to see NIU get curb stomped by Clemson. Can't imagine Clemson fan being too excited to travel to South Beach to see it either. Remember Bowl games ultimately are heads in beds and television ratings....

I know Nebraska and it's fans would take 5 appearances in the BCS!!!

You guys seen this Vine video for #theking contest? A lot of Gator fans sounded like this on Saturday.

My official entry for your consideration...

How will @HarryArnettCG react when Chad Coleman beats him in #TheKing? The Hackers Paradise Callaway Golf https://t.co/oqDo9nZMTp

— Cace Smith (@cacesmith) November 28, 2013

EDIT: Ok, so Vine didn't transfer @hackersparadise or @hashtagchad over to Twitter. Stupid technology. Also...#ImWithChad (if it wasn't obvious).

What team is this? The same one who made claims of dominance when they joined the Big Ten? Oops!

Nebraska did go from the Big 12 Championship game to the Big 10 Championship game 2nd year in, too bad they couldn't perform in either!

The 2013-14 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Nebraska did go from the Big 12 Championship game to the Big 10 Championship game 2nd year in, too bad they couldn't perform in either!

They didn't just "couldn't perform" in the B1G Championship game. They lost 70-31 to a 6-4 Badger team.

Last edited:
As a gator all I can say is I have never looked forward to basketball as much before.

I hear speak of "bowl games" and "bcs" in this thread. It seems like I have heard these terms before here in Knoxville but its been so long ago its only a distant memory. I will try to live vicariously thru THPers with good football teams for the rest of the season, and possibly next.

As a gator all I can say is I have never looked forward to basketball as much before.

At least you have basketball. We Noles have to wait for baseball when the football season goes badly. :)

Our local sports radio were joking yesterday about some funny potential side bets you could have for the FSU-UF game this year:

Which team will score more points - the UF basketball team on Friday night or the FSU football team on Sarurday?

Will Billy Donovan Jr (currently avg 0.4 ppg as a bench rider for the UF basketball team) outscore the UF football offense?

UT will be back soon sparksjr, nice class coming in and the coaching staff is the best y'all have had in a while. We have enjoyed our run against you but nothing lasts for too long in college football.

I hear speak of "bowl games" and "bcs" in this thread. It seems like I have heard these terms before here in Knoxville but its been so long ago its only a distant memory. I will try to live vicariously thru THPers with good football teams for the rest of the season, and possibly next.

Your Vols broke my heart and wallet on Saturday. You guys will be back soon. I like what Butch is doing there. Auburn's year last year was brutal and it was just one year. I couldn't handle as many down years as UT has had lately. The recruits are rolling in and he's been a winner everywhere he's been. Y'all were a couple plays away from being bowl eligible. Hang in there.

Egg Bowl tonight...Ole Miss @ Miss St 7:30 ESPN

Egg Bowl tonight...Ole Miss @ Miss St 7:30 ESPN
Have you seen the helmets that Miss St is wearing? The only thing worse than those was when they painted #hailstate in their endzone.

They did just "couldn't perform" in the B1G Championship game. They lost 70-31 to a 6-4 Badger team.
One of the most embarrassing games in Nebraska history.

Have you seen the helmets that Miss St is wearing? The only thing worse than those was when they painted #hailstate in their endzone.

Only Mississippi State would celebrate being the Hail State and fight for an Egg Bowl.

Huge mistake by Miss State special team, did not get the punt off. Recovered for the TD by Ole Miss, now 7-7.

Huge mistake by Miss State special team, did not get the punt off. Recovered for the TD by Ole Miss, now 7-7.

A bit of an ugly game, I like Hugh Freeze, I don't like Mullen. Hotty Toddy, let's go Admiral Akbars/Rebels/Brown Bears/whatthehellaretheycalled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back