The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spent an hour hitting balls tonight. Meh, contact was good, but didn't feel like I was all there I guess.

Spent an hour hitting balls tonight. Meh, contact was good, but didn't feel like I was all there I guess.
It happens to all of us. Have you tried that 1 in 1 out game? It is a fun way to practice.

Snuck in a large bucket after a long day of work. Felt I had to after yesterday's abysmal round.

Huge lightbulb moment and what I learnt in my lesson on Wednesday suddenly clicked.

I can feel this compressing the ball thing I've been hearing about, finally! Got way more of a rotation of my hips rather than the sway I had before.

Couple more sessions planned before hitting the course again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Closest I've came to a golf course in two weeks...

Hit a large bucket today and had a good ball striking day and feel ready for my iron fitting tomorrow.

I had things going on and hadn't touched my clubs for about 3 weeks. I've been to the range twice over the past few days and found that I lost a bit of what I learned to date. I hit to slight sky balls with my driver and was lucky I didn't leave any marks. I had to slow it down and rethink my swing and set up position to start hitting correctly. I wasn't great with my 3/5 woods in the first place but couldn't hit them at all. My long arms were bad too but I did finally get it together with the 8i-60• wedge. My putting took a nose dive too. Hopefully I can get back into a groove.

I bought the PGA academy set here in the exchange from Ironcondor so I'll be starting that hopefully next week. Maybe it will help speed up the recovery to what little skill I had a few weeks ago!

Spent some time hitting garage balls over the weekend. Felt really solid. Still sticking with the simple turn/turn swing thought, though I was working on my takeaway a little to get my wrists set a bit earlier. Nothing major though. Just a little reminder.

Hit a good number of partial wedge shots, just focusing on getting the ball first.

Finished it up on the indoor practice green. Worked on putting over a sharpie dot I put on the putting surface and a lot of 3-5 footers.

Hawk you think your going to be able to get out on the course before you head out west?
Spent some time hitting garage balls over the weekend. Felt really solid. Still sticking with the simple turn/turn swing thought, though I was working on my takeaway a little to get my wrists set a bit earlier. Nothing major though. Just a little reminder.

Hit a good number of partial wedge shots, just focusing on getting the ball first.

Finished it up on the indoor practice green. Worked on putting over a sharpie dot I put on the putting surface and a lot of 3-5 footers.

I'm about to start a MAJOR short game regimen, even when it gets stupid cold out, I can always work the short game.

Hawk you think your going to be able to get out on the course before you head out west?

Maybe, but nothing set in stone I guess. I'm hoping I can get out next Sunday after we get back from our Holiday travels.

Yea after not being able to play in vegas this weekend and coming home to this crappy cold weather I'm thinking I need to find a place down in Flordia. Suppose to be in the 40's this weekend and next week so ill try and get out. You don't need a caddy for Cali do ya LOL
Maybe, but nothing set in stone I guess. I'm hoping I can get out next Sunday after we get back from our Holiday travels.

Quick bit of practise in today, continued to work on hip rotation, it's getting there.

Went in for a swing evaluation, got a few key things I need to work on.

1. More upright at address.
2. My head is WAY too far behind the ball at impact.
3. Closed club face at the top of my swing.

We worked on #1 and #2 today as he said #2 would probably be tougher for me to overcome than the closed club face. Worked on trying to keep head still or at least near the ball at impact and powering through on the finish. He said his back hurt watching my existing finish as my spin was way too inward.

Was glad to hear im not a lost cause, seems pretty confident we can get my game where it needs to be over the next 6 months or so which was encouraging.

I did let him know in addition to this, we have a HUGE short game issue. He said fixing #2 will help that a little bit, but that we could certainly work on it.

Went in for a swing evaluation, got a few key things I need to work on.

1. More upright at address.
2. My head is WAY too far behind the ball at impact.
3. Closed club face at the top of my swing.

We worked on #1 and #2 today as he said #2 would probably be tougher for me to overcome than the closed club face. Worked on trying to keep head still or at least near the ball at impact and powering through on the finish. He said his back hurt watching my existing finish as my spin was way too inward.

Was glad to hear im not a lost cause, seems pretty confident we can get my game where it needs to be over the next 6 months or so which was encouraging.

I did let him know in addition to this, we have a HUGE short game issue. He said fixing #2 will help that a little bit, but that we could certainly work on it.

Golftec?

yep, found one about 8 minutes from work

Nice. I have been going to a GG and the pro has a similar video set up and format as Golftec for lessons, but I miss the practice sessions you get at the tec. As the weather gets worse, I may have to switch over to Golftec. Both are a few minutes from work, which is a big help. Good luck with your lessons.

Enjoyed going through a couple of baskets today at the range. Had a unscientific comparison between the Diablo Octane Black and the R11s. The Callaway is by far the more forgiving club and for me is the most accurate, though when I get a good swing on it the R11s is a bomber. I'm keeping both for the time being, maybe the Callaway is going back in the bag for my next round.

88377F09-D823-4EB3-B1B1-17E5C2036D9F_zpsknqzai6h.jpg

Two rounds, 45 mins on the putting green, and still not done.

#THPMC #TeamTHP #BringIt

#dowork

88377F09-D823-4EB3-B1B1-17E5C2036D9F_zpsknqzai6h.jpg

Two rounds, 45 mins on the putting green, and still not done.

#THPMC #TeamTHP #BringIt

That's my teammate! Spent about an hour on my basement putting green today. Trying to get at least some sort of work in every day.

Jman doing work, I like it!

Good stuff, Jman. Those other teams are on notice they gotta do work in order to have a shot at the big guns next July.

Was hitting whiffle balls in the backyard, working on my take away when I said screw it; I'm going to the range-I don't care how cold it is. Glad I did, it was a good session where I kept working on staying upright on the backswing and coming in to the ball steeper than I have been.

One lesson in and I'm able to figure out why I mis hit each shot, which is exactly what I was hoping for. Another lesson scheduled this Tuesday and I'm going to keep at it for at least the next 6 months. Still a lot more work to do to get where I want to be.

The THP Range/Practice Thread

Haven't put in that much work in one day in a long while, was practice with a purpose though! Even went back to the putting green after the range. I'll be a little sore tomorrow hahaha

Practiced putting today on the birdieball green.

Even tried cross handed with surprising results!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back