2014 Hyundai Tournament of Champions Thread (Spoilers)

I was thinking the same thing. Better than some old man out there saying your name.
The player intros on the first tee with the video is pretty cool. Kinda like the Sunday night football intro. Something different.

I was thinking the same thing. Better than some old man out there saying your name.

Except for that old dude at the British Open...hehe

Just watching the re run now.

1st hole is a 525 yard par 4 and Adam Scott was approaching from 167. These guys are good.

I love watching this golf course since it is one of two tour courses I've played. Some of the slopes are absurd which leads to the insane driver distances on holes like #1 and #18. Course is on the side of a mountain, and the putts were either uphill into the grain or downhill with the grain.

I love watching this golf course since it is one of two tour courses I've played. Some of the slopes are absurd which leads to the insane driver distances on holes like #1 and #18. Course is on the side of a mountain, and the putts were either uphill into the grain or downhill with the grain.

Were you by chance watching the replay just now? DJ hit a wedge shot that barely got onto the green and it released all the way to a back pin. Just sick.

Were you by chance watching the replay just now? DJ hit a wedge shot that barely got onto the green and it released all the way to a back pin. Just sick.

Yeah, the #6 green he was on was one of those. If you hit any deeper on to that green it will roll off the back.

Yeah, the #6 green he was on was one of those. If you hit any deeper on to that green it will roll off the back.

That all being said, he didn't give the 5ft putt anywhere near the respect for break that it deserved. Flat out putted scared.

That all being said, he didn't give the 5ft putt anywhere near the respect for break that it deserved. Flat out putted scared.

The other crazy thing about that green is looking at it from the fairway, it is two tiered left and right. Serious like two or three feet difference in the two levels.

Woodland -4 thru 7. En fuego.

7 tied at the top? It's going to be interesting.

edit: now 8 tied for 1st.....

Just watching the re run now.

1st hole is a 525 yard par 4 and Adam Scott was approaching from 167. These guys are good.

Yardages are very deceiving on this course due to the elevation changes and the winds.

Anyone else getting a severely glitchy broadcast or might it just be my cable provider?

I'm really rooting for Zach Johnson, I love watching that guy play golf.

689yard par 5 and DJ gets home in 2 :bulgy-eyes:

Zach Johnson is in the zone but don't count out DJ. I think Speith might be one that sneaks in and takes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really rooting for Zach Johnson, I love watching that guy play golf.

I love watching him play a really great swing. However I want Speith to win because I entered a Golf Alberta contest on twitter and he's my horse.

DJ on in 2 on a 669 yard hole. All downhill, but still.

Zach is tore it up out there today. His swing and too is looking good. If he plays like he did today tomorrow you can call this one a wrap.

I absolutely love ZJ's swing. Whenever I decide to revamp my swing completely with some professional help I'd like to model it after Zach's.

I love watching him play a really great swing. However I want Speith to win because I entered a Golf Alberta contest on twitter and he's my horse.

Another great one to watch... This kid seems to be able to turn it on when it really counts and he doesn't crack. He'll win a couple this year.

Zach is tore it up out there today. His swing and too is looking good. If he plays like he did today tomorrow you can call this one a wrap.

Funny part is they talked about his putting and how is lights out. But JM said I don't like it.

I've been watching for 20 minutes and I think Johnny Miller has talked about himself now 3 to 4 times

Back