The Official 2013 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And when the FCC stops blackouts all together it'll really be tough. Hopefully ticket prices drop drastically because of it and going to a game becomes reasonable.

I don't think people mind the ticket prices so much as the parking prices, the traffic, the crazy overpriced food and drink, the drunks spilling beer all over, etc.

I don't think people mind the ticket prices so much as the parking prices, the traffic, the crazy overpriced food and drink, the drunks spilling beer all over, etc.

Ticket prices and all of that combined are the problem. When it would cost $200+ just for me to go to a game and do all the things I want to enjoy it, it just isn't worth it at all. Throw in the added ticket price of playoff tickets, forget it.

A coworker of mine is going to the GB, game. Gonna drive 12 hours to freeze his butt off.

A coworker of mine is going to the GB, game. Gonna drive 12 hours to freeze his butt off and watch GB lose.

FIFY.....:p

FIFY.....:p

Gotta admit I'm a little worried about the 49ers playing in that cold of weather. Hopefully they can play through it and get a good win.

Just saw this. Looks...cold.

Love the way that Lambeau turf turns almost brown in the cold weather.

Wow, I'm cold just looking at it!

That picture looks so miserable. I wonder what it feels like to get hit when it's that cold outside.

Ticket prices and all of that combined are the problem. When it would cost $200+ just for me to go to a game and do all the things I want to enjoy it, it just isn't worth it at all. Throw in the added ticket price of playoff tickets, forget it.

My family has had a pair of season tickets for the Broncos since 1976. I went often from then up until the late 80's, but only a handful of times since 1990, and never since they built the new stadium. The cost, along with the drive and parking and then getting out of the lot after the game just got to the point where it soured me on the whole experience.

When they built the new stadium they gave the long time ticket holders the shaft. Our tickets in the old Mile High Stadium were on the 3rd level on the 10 yard line, with a nice view of most of the field. When they built the then Invesco Field at Mile High (now Sports Authority) they turned the entire third level to club level and somehow our seats ended up all way up on the 5th level in the nose bleed sections - with a price increase to go with the screwing. It was either pay twice as much (or more) for the new 3rd level or take pot luck. If I'd been the one holding the tickets, I'd have just dropped them in protest, but my sister wanted them after my parents quit going and now her daughter has control. I don't even know how much they cost these days, but I know that my niece sells at least half of them to make the rest affordable for her.

I simply can not comprehend this;

If someone goes to the game and literally freezes to death, the media will go nuts

If someone goes to the game and literally freezes to death, the media will go nuts
I saw on twitter they are giving away free coffee, hot chocolate and hot tea to anyone that is there.

I wonder how fast that stuff freezes when served?

Hot Chocolate Pops? Bill Cosby would be in heaven!

The Official 2013 NFL Thread

-40, I wonder if hot stuff flash freezes?

Bill Cosby would be in heaven.

Edit: boiling liquid will turn to snow around -29F. Touchdown? THROW YOUR DRINKS!!

Gonna shatter the record of -13

-40, I wonder if hot stuff flash freezes?

Bill Cosby would be in heaven.

Edit: boiling liquid will turn to snow around -29F. Touchdown? THROW YOUR DRINKS!!
Snowball fight!

Mike munchak out in tennessee

As a titans fan I will always appreciate Munchak but he was not HC material. He could have stayed but would not make significant changes in his coaching staff

So how many guys man up and go sleeveless tomorrow?

The NFL could have moved the Packer game to today and swapped with the Colts/Chiefs.

Flex scheduling starts week 11-16 & these games that are moved require 12 days notice....week 17 only requires 6 days notice..... This game could have been moved and it's beyond me why they didn't.

From NFL.com

NFL Flexible Scheduling 101
Begins Sunday of Week 11
In effect during Weeks 11-17
Only Sunday afternoon games are subject to being moved into the Sunday night window.
The game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night during flex weeks will be listed at 8:15 p.m. ET.
The majority of games on Sundays will be listed at 1:00 p.m. ET during flex weeks except for games played in Pacific or Mountain Time zones which will be listed at 4:05 or 4:15 p.m. ET.
No impact on Thursday, Saturday or Monday night games.
The NFL will decide (after consultation with CBS, FOX, NBC) and announce as early as possible the game being played at 8:15 p.m. ET. The announcement will come no later than 12 days prior to the game. The NFL may also announce games moving to 4:05 p.m. ET and 4:15 p.m. ET.
Week 17 start time changes could be decided on 6 days notice to ensure a game with playoff implications.
The NBC Sunday night time slot in "flex" weeks will list the game that has been tentatively scheduled for Sunday night.
Fans and ticket holders must be aware that NFL games in flex weeks are subject to change 12 days in advance (6 days in Week 17) and should plan accordingly.
NFL schedules all games.
Teams will be informed as soon as they are no longer under consideration or eligible for a move to Sunday night.

So how many guys man up and go sleeveless tomorrow?
I'm sure we'll also see some drunken shirtless idiots in the crowd as well.

Nothing to lose today, better leave it all out on the field!

I really hope the chiefs win, I don't dislike the Colts, but Irsay just gets on my nerves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back