2013 Fitness & Nutrition Thread With Coach Beard

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the last couple of days I have been a bit stiff following badminton, but it is not an injury stiffness so things are already looking up :D

Thursday evening I also picked up a pair of trainers to start the C25K regime and this morning we popped into town so that Jen could get herself some trainers as well as she decided that she wants to do it as well so the plan is to make a start tomorrow with Week 1 Day 1 :bulgy-eyes:

Obviously my aim is to get myself back to fitness and lose the weight I gained, but Jen said she wants to do it as well and her aim is to be able to go for a run when we go to Spain for a week at the beginning of March

Long term, I would hope that both of us can join my sister and nephew to do the 5K Park Run that they tend to do most weekends (when my nephew isn't playing football or at the athletics club)

They tend to do the Durham event, but seeing as they live between us and Durham already, it would be just as easy for them to come to the Darlington one near where we live

Fingers crossed we aren't doing our first training session in the pouring rain tomorrow....just the way to put you off before you even begin

I had an appointment with the doctor yesterday, check up to see where the BP was after 2 weeks of being on the medicine. I weighed in at 231. She took me in to do blood pressure and I was 131/92 down from 166/95. Which was good. I talked to her about a plan to get off the meds, and what she needed to see in order to stop taking them. We talked about diet exercise and all of the things I need to do so. She told me that I was on the lowest dosage of medicine there is which made me feel like it was obtainable in short future.
When we talked about weight I asked her for a good goal weight based on my body composition. I thought getting to 195 would be good, but she said 205 is as low as she would like me to go. As far as blood pressure with the meds she said she wants to see me at 110/80 two visits in a row before she will take me off. She felt as though I could probably do all this by summer time. She wanted me to concentrate more on the cardio side of the exercise rather than building muscles for the time being.

So for now that's where I'm headed.

Great news man. You have extra motivation right there! Let's hit the treadmill, elliptical or stairclimber!

The top of my legs feel like rubber. I have been hammering my legs with some heavy workouts the last few days. I'm pretty sore to say the least and will be taking the next couple of days off. I need to get some amino acids in me :beat-up:

Always good to listen to your body my man. Recover then get back after it!

For the last couple of days I have been a bit stiff following badminton, but it is not an injury stiffness so things are already looking up :D

Thursday evening I also picked up a pair of trainers to start the C25K regime and this morning we popped into town so that Jen could get herself some trainers as well as she decided that she wants to do it as well so the plan is to make a start tomorrow with Week 1 Day 1 :bulgy-eyes:

Obviously my aim is to get myself back to fitness and lose the weight I gained, but Jen said she wants to do it as well and her aim is to be able to go for a run when we go to Spain for a week at the beginning of March

Long term, I would hope that both of us can join my sister and nephew to do the 5K Park Run that they tend to do most weekends (when my nephew isn't playing football or at the athletics club)

They tend to do the Durham event, but seeing as they live between us and Durham already, it would be just as easy for them to come to the Darlington one near where we live

Fingers crossed we aren't doing our first training session in the pouring rain tomorrow....just the way to put you off before you even begin

Good luck Doc! Hoping for nice weather to start you off. I love that you two can workout together. That is huge to be able to do it together and to be able to motivate each other.

Great news man. You have extra motivation right there! Let's hit the treadmill, elliptical or stairclimber!

I've been working up to the elliptical this week. Doing 45 minutes on the stationary bike, and I did a spin class at the gym...yeah that was a little rough.... Running on a treadmill is not a good thing for me....I'm not a graceful runner. I have visions of Astro from the Jetsons. I've done some core work too

I've been working up to the elliptical this week. Doing 45 minutes on the stationary bike, and I did a spin class at the gym...yeah that was a little rough.... Running on a treadmill is not a good thing for me....I'm not a graceful runner. I have visions of Astro from the Jetsons. I've done some core work too

Good stuff right there. Those spin classes are no joke!

Week 1 Day 1 completed in cool fresh weather this morning but it was dry so once we got moving the only thing we had to keep an eye out for was icy patches

As another little incentive, the app can post to your Facebook or Twitter accounts so I have posted the notification on Twitter for everyone to see...lol

Plan is to do the next session on Tuesday evening after we both finish work

Week 1 Day 1 completed in cool fresh weather this morning but it was dry so once we got moving the only thing we had to keep an eye out for was icy patches

As another little incentive, the app can post to your Facebook or Twitter accounts so I have posted the notification on Twitter for everyone to see...lol

Plan is to do the next session on Tuesday evening after we both finish work

Congrats!

Just finished an 1:15 of yoga feeling great, especially after having to shovel all that snow that passed few days. Back work tomorrow and back the treadmill for some cardio and lifting.

Using Tapatalk

Just finished an 1:15 of yoga feeling great, especially after having to shovel all that snow that passed few days. Back work tomorrow and back the treadmill for some cardio and lifting.

Using Tapatalk

This is my plan this afternoon. Running and lifting

Saw this and thought of all you guys and girls :

egaqebav.jpg

Back to insanity workouts tomorrow....got my space cleared for it...can't wait

Ran 3 miles and lifted this AM at 5. Feeling really good right now. I'm going to start keeping track of my mileage on here. Not to brag or boast in anyway, but I set a lofty goal for myself this year and I figure this is as good of a place as any to do it. My goal for the year is to run at least 1,000 miles. So far I am at 11 haha. Decent start but I need to keep it up.

1/6 - 3 runs so far this year (4,4, and 3) = 11

Back to insanity workouts tomorrow....got my space cleared for it...can't wait
Ran 3 miles and lifted this AM at 5. Feeling really good right now. I'm going to start keeping track of my mileage on here. Not to brag or boast in anyway, but I set a lofty goal for myself this year and I figure this is as good of a place as any to do it. My goal for the year is to run at least 1,000 miles. So far I am at 11 haha. Decent start but I need to keep it up.

1/6 - 3 runs so far this year (4,4, and 3) = 11

Alright, time to start keeping up with my MC brothers. I've been a couch bum for a month now, trying to let the body mend from the golf season -- but it's bored of being bored.

#Motivation..... #MOTIVATION.... COME ON.

Alright, time to start keeping up with my MC brothers. I've been a couch bum for a month now, trying to let the body mend from the golf season -- but it's bored of being bored.

Time to get after it dude. Back on the train.

yeah buddy, going hardcore at it ala 2013

Just finished a small workout about 20 minutes...but most importantly my wife did it as well. Going to push her hard to drop some lbs and help her going forward.

Off to put in work on the treadmill!!!!

Just finished a small workout about 20 minutes...but most importantly my wife did it as well. Going to push her hard to drop some lbs and help her going forward.

That's awesome nothing like a partner to help with the motivation.

Just finished some cardio abs and chest. tomorrow will be bike and legs.

Using Tapatalk

Just finished up a spin class and did some abs. Being out of shape, unless you count round, is rough!

This evening will be Week 1 Day 2 of the training schedule and I am pleased to report that the forecast is not showing any rain, hope it is correct....

I shouldn't laugh but I have been fine since doing day 1 on Sunday, but yesterday afternoon Jen said the jogging obviously caught up with her as her legs started to stiffen up a bit :D

I expect to be fine for quite a way into the programme as I am slowing myself to Jens pace rather than leave her on her own (especially for the first few weeks and even more so if we are jogging after work as it is dark when we will be going out) so I am jogging slower than I normally would. Secondly, I haven't decided how I am going to fit my third weekly session in just yet as Jen is going to do it on Thursday evenings but I am out at badminton so I may use that as my third session of the week as it is a lot more strenuous, or I could do the session as a 'warm-up' before playing.....

down a pound from yesterday, back to watching what I eat (not as obsessively as before though) and restarting Insanity tonight since the mrs already did her workout today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back