I use to like a heavier putter, but have scaled back to center, around 350 gram. It especially helps at that weight if counterbalanced.

I'm on the heavy side both in putters & personal wieght :p
I've used a couple of heavy putters & done well with them. I had an Odyssey that was light & never could get use to it. My Yes Sara has a head weight of 370 grams.

I'm on the heavy side both in putters & personal wieght :p
I've used a couple of heavy putters & done well with them. I had an Odyssey that was light & never could get use to it. My Yes Sara has a head weight of 370 grams.

I guess so. I remember what you did with a Heavy Putter in Florida one time, lol.

I love the heavier heads. Right now I am gaming a Yes! Sandy-12 that is 400 grams.
I just feel like I can make a smoother stroke with the heavier heads and the ball gets to the hole.

My Rife Aruba is 345g. I don't know if that is heavy or light in general. It is a lot lighter than the Nike Oz Mallet I had before. I prefer the lighter feel because I am playing faster & faster greens. Having all that weight creating so much momentum with my stroke made fast greens really difficult. I can feather the speed better with the lighter club. It has been a really good thing this last year. I wish I had an identical putter in a heavier weight for the slower greens!

I am much happier with a heavier head. My first TM Ghost was too light and I just didn't get good feel from it.

I like heavy, but not quite CB heavy.

I cant stand some of the heavier mallet putters. No feel.

Prior to counterbalancing, I resorted to using a heavier putter (390g) to help me avoid the tendency to “hit” the ball, versus applying a smooth stroke through the ball. By using a CB putter I have regained the feel of my 348g-358g putters while maintaining the smoother stroke of a 370g-380g head weight putter.

I have a 39" Cleveland belly with the 400g head that I am tinkering with. Cut it down to 36" and then threw on a shorter belly grip onto it.

My regular gamer is a 32" with a 340g head on it.

I like to think I prefer the feel of heavier, but really it varies from day to day, and on if I am sinking putts or not.

medium? I don't know, I've never liked a straight blade type putter, but tend to like the weight of most mid-mallets. Currently gaming an Odyssey #7, so I'd consider that somewhere in the middle, probably.

Heavy now. I seem to get past my yips with something with a decent weight on both ends.

my putter (taylormade rossa sebring ) is on the Light side but it performs much better then the two ball I user before

Verstuurd vanaf mijn JY-G3 met Tapatalk

Leaning towards heavy. Tried a counterbalanced Taylormade Spider S and Daddy Long Legs and I was shocked how much I liked it in the 38" model... just have to convince my wife it's a good investment over my current Cleveland...

I never really paid too much attention to putter weight, or even knew it made a difference until late in the season last fall. I rolled a bunch of different putters one day while killing time at the local golf shop and walked out with an Odyssey Metal-X #6. I loved the feel of the heavier weight and it felt a whole lot more stable and accurate. I gamed it for a handful of rounds before winter came and greatly improved my putting game.

Of course now the Metal X milled line is out... Oh my poor wallet!

Heavy. I push with my right so more weight is always better.

Back