Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter Preview

Good to know, I thought the versa and original metal-x were very similar in size with the WHP being bigger, but if you didnt notice a difference switching from the versa then I should be all set. Played the BWB #7 for most of the year and am really excited to try out the milled face.

Ya if you are fine with the size of the Versa then this should be perfect for you.

I think the #6 could be an awesome tool for me to devastate some friends! I hope we get them to Finland as well!

I hope you enjoy putting RH.... Only #1, #7 and #9 are available in LH.. :banghead:

Goddangit.

I wanted to love the Metal X 7, but the head weight was either too light (base) or too heavy (belly putter head). Anyone know the base head weight on these? The adjustable weights are fine, but it's basically the base putter head up with options to add 20, 30 and 40 grams of additional weight. I'm looking to get a #7 to 375 grams.

I never had a huge issue with the Metal X insert. I found it to be better than the standard polymer insert, though I personally still prefer a milled putter. If this putts like the Odyssey black series, then I will be very happy. I really like those, but there's no #7.

My one other question would be in relation to the shaft. Is Odyssey still doing those ugly stepped shafts? I find a non-stepped putter shaft to be much more visually appealing.

I really, really want to play a #7 because I'm a SBST player who really likes how the #7 lines up visually. Odyssey has just never built one that is quite right for me. I'm looking for that Goldilocks' baby bear number #7 and Odyssey always gives me a Papa Bear or a Mama Bear.

Last edited:
Several MXM in play in Hawaii this weekend! Seems like the majority of the Callaway staffers have put them in play. The black and neon green look great!

Several MXM in play in Hawaii this weekend! Seems like the majority of the Callaway staffers have put them in play. The black and neon green look great!
I am going to have to turn on the tournament and check them out. Thanks for the heads up.

No problem, pretty easy to spot with the green odyssey symbol on the face!

Today is the launch of the MXM line. Cannot wait for mine to arrive on my doorstep!

Today is the launch of the MXM line. Cannot wait for mine to arrive on my doorstep!

I swear I had a dream of me rolling my #9 last night. And it was outdoors. Dreams are cruel in ways.

I had plans to grab one of these the day they went on sale, but I guess I over looked the part where they were going to be $349!

That's a little crazy if you ask me...I was ready to throw down 2 bills or so....but 350 is steep.

I had plans to grab one of these the day they went on sale, but I guess I over looked the part where they were going to be $349!

That's a little crazy if you ask me...I was ready to throw down 2 bills or so....but 350 is steep.

Same price point as any other high end milled putter. I know it's a bit pricey but it is worth every single penny. These putter feel great and look great as well.

Same price point as any other high end milled putter. I know it's a bit pricey but it is worth every single penny. These putter feel great and look great as well.

The last milled line odyssey did was in the $229-$249 range...I was prepared for that...but not $349

I really like the looks of this putter. The ppt does drive it out of my reach as well.

Here is what I have from them for pricing: US Pricing: #1, #6, #9HT & 330 Mallet: $299.99 #7 & Rossie: $349.99

That's what I am seeing online to GG...thanks!

That's what I am seeing online to GG...thanks!

It seems high, but after learning the process to make these things I can understand why they cost so much. The work that goes into chemically milling a face is quite cumbersome.

The last milled line odyssey did was in the $229-$249 range...I was prepared for that...but not $349

You are right. And that was a couple of years ago and a process that is much cheaper to do then with this face.

The face is not actually milled but a chemical process, so that's where I think the price comes in. If they milled each face you are looking probably closer to double the price.

I am hearing what you are saying and I know a lot of people won't pay the money for them but luckily Odyssey has done other really great options.

You are right. And that was a couple of years ago and a process that is much cheaper to do then with this face.

The face is not actually milled but a chemical process, so that's where I think the price comes in. If they milled each face you are looking probably closer to double the price.

I am hearing what you are saying and I know a lot of people won't pay the money for them but luckily Odyssey has done other really great options.

People will pay the price though. Its right in line with a Scotty/ Seemore / Betti etc

People will pay the price though. Its right in line with a Scotty/ Seemore / Betti etc

I agree. But not everyone will. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Back