Forum Testing Signup - Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 Irons

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. What irons do you currently play? Cobra FP 4-GW

2. What is your handicap index? 11.2 OOB

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Aldila VS Proto-HL Stiff Mid Kick 70g graphite shaft

4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right Handed

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I have been a member of THP for 6 months now and I have been a VERY active on all aspects of the forums, from Flatstick talk, to driver/iron reviews and questions, to ball reviews and also uploading personal reviews of my own both written and video. THP has been a great addition to my game and I don't plan on going anywhere. My testing plan is to get out 2 to 3 times weekly with my local courses either on the range or on the course with my monthly pass to get not only write ups but also video. I have both a facebook and twitter accounts and I will be updating both if I am chosen.

Thanks to :thp: and :wilson: for great opportunity to test these irons out!

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping i15
2. What is your handicap index? 9.5
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Ping standard steel in regular flex
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I play everyday so I have plenty of time to play with the irons, both on the range and in play on the course. I would be very open minded going in. As I have done in testing the Heavy Driver, I would use a notebook & GPS to log distances, ball flight etc. I would report my findings here at least once a week.

Thank you to THP and Wilson for another great testing opportunity. It's beautiful looking club.

1. What irons do you currently play?
Ping i3 O-Size

2. What is your handicap index?

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
Steel, Stiff, Ping Cushin Z-Z65

4. Are you right handed or left handed?
Lefty

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
I am only been on THP for three months, but I am sure glad I found it. After taking a few years off from the game (aside from the occasional scramble), I have had a blast playing (and reading) about the game this year. I check out THP anytime I am online and participate in discussions when I think I can add something.
My golf season is just getting started as I will be able to practice without it being over 100 degrees here in Central TX. I plan on twice weekly range sessions and at least one round per week. In addition to regular updates on the forum, I will send live Tweets during play. I will do my best to communicate all of my feelings about the clubs and testing results especially as compared to the playability and forgiveness of my current clubs.

Not going to sign up but I am very interested to see how these play though. Thanks THP+Wilson Golf! Good luck to everyone.

Why not? There's no reason to hold back!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

That video rules. Which iron was that?

My Golf Status: Currently wearing a shoulder brace and restricted to putting/chipping.

Thats from his sig and probably your answer. I hate injuries they suck.

Ah. That's too bad. Get better soon man!

I wish golf was as easy as Tapatalk.

My Golf Status: Currently wearing a shoulder brace and restricted to putting/chipping.

Thats from his sig and probably your answer. I hate injuries they suck.

Im not listening to that very well right now but at least I wore the brace while I played today lol...I just cant give these irons the time/testing they deserve because my season is about to start and I really need to dial my RXFs in.

Guys lets please remember that this is a testing signup thread and try to keep the personal banter out please!!!!

I have never played Wilson irons before. I did hit them at a demo day and liked the feel of them. I have heard great things about there irons, but it is hard to find a place to demo them at. I am looking forward to the reviews on this set of irons. They are a really good looking set of irons.

1. What irons do you currently play?
Taylormade R9

2. What is your handicap index?

3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)?
I play DG S300.

4. Are you right handed or left handed?
Right

I plan on testing these clubs at least once a week on the course and at the range. I will use video to enhance my testing process and help the viewer get a feel for the clubs. I also plan on taking my time with each iron to give it a full review. My activity level is good on THP. I average in the top 50 of the posters each month and spend almost everyday on THP.

Thank you THP and Wilson for this awesome opportunity. I know the THP testers selected will do an great job and give a real deal testing.

Last edited:
1. What irons do you currently play? Adams A4r
2. What is your handicap index? 13.4 (oob)
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Stock TT Steel Stiff
4. Are you right handed or left handed? R
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? Minimum 2 rounds per week and range time. As gorgeous as these clubs are, however, I might even add more time because these things are su-weet! They make me miss my old Ci7s a bit. I love the weighting and how it doesn't really distract. And the thin topline?? ALL ME!! I love the look; reminding me of the thin tops of the A4's. After doing the Blind Ball and seeing what others are doing, I'd love to incorporate video somehow. Probably also comparisons with the A4r's as well, taking various shots with boths sets and seeing how they compare. I think with the thin toplines and not the heavy SGI weightings, it'd be a good comparison.
I'm on THP every day. I may not post 15 times a day, but I'm here. If I hadn't just taken a new job that checks your internet wanderings, I'd have more hours in, but I try. Tapatalk has become my friend. I'm almost to 500 posts and I'm hosting one of the cabins for the big GA get-together next month where I'll make even more personal THP friends.

Thanks WILSON (Huge fan) and THP for the opportunity.

1. What irons do you currently play? Wilson Staff Di9
2. What is your handicap index? Around 8 or 9. It varies
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Graphite stiff stock Wilson Staff Irons
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Righty
I plan to test the Irons in certainly alot of trouble spots and unusally places to see if the Iron really performs when I need it to the most. I love being on THP and I enjoy posting and reading about golf products and other golf related things. I hope to continue posting here in the future.

Awesome looking irons.

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno JPX-800 Pro
2. What is your handicap index? 10.6
3. What shafts do you play in your irons (material & flex & brand)? Steel, shift staff, True Temper Dynalite Gold XP S300
4. Are you right handed or left handed? Right handed
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I usually play or go to the range 3 days a week. So I can test them regularly. I can give daily reports, possibly some videos, and many pictures. I can give both a long and short term review. I am not afraid to truthful about the product. I can give updates through Facebook and Twitter(@dmills35). I am on the forums just about every day and try to post when I feel I can add something to a thread.

How is this thread only on 12 pages? Have people seen these freaking iron? They might be the best looking irons I've seen in a long time and this is all the signups we get??? I know the answer but come on now, lets sign up to test these bad boys.

How is this thread only on 12 pages? Have people seen these freaking iron? They might be the best looking irons I've seen in a long time and this is all the signups we get??? I know the answer but come on now, lets sign up to test these bad boys.

No idea man. Ws makes some amazing equipment and people should be honored to get a chance to.test these.

I agree, they are gorgeous! Come on people sign up

Agreed! I've been trying to spread the word on both facebook and twitter. Golf buddies are loving the look! I love them.

If the name "Wilson staff" is turning you away. It's a big loss to you. Sign up u won't regret it

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

If the name "Wilson staff" is turning you away. It's a big loss to you. Sign up u won't regret it

MattyCaulk Aka Hawk hunter

Agreed. Unbelievably underrated in my opinion. My ci7s were some of the best irons I've ever owned

Agreed. Unbelievably underrated in my opinion. My ci7s were some of the best irons I've ever owned

I've never hit any WS irons to be honest but just from the looks. They just look amazing. It's a sad turn out in my opinion.

I don't get it either. Heck I'm considering moving south just for a chance to test these drop-dead-gorgeous irons, but there's not enough time for that. How I wish I could sign up. :'-(

Guys, please remember this is the signup thread. There is no reason to keep reminding people how great these irons are. If they are not signing up, they are not reading the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back