I'm not an addict...

Although I recently joined, this site is also up all day and I'm always reading something here inbetween work stuff :banana:

Working in a health club we have light weight bars in the gym and I have been known to regularly go missing only to be found swinging one of the bars like a club:D

Rather than sitting in front of the TV in the evening, I chip and putt in front of the TV on the living room floor.

Rather than sitting in front of the TV in the evening, I chip and putt in front of the TV on the living room floor.

might have to steal this!

My DVR is 100% filled with Golf related shows. If that's not bad enough, I watch them when my wife goes to sleep and sit there with an iron in my hand. More then once shes woke me up in the morning on the couch and I'm out cold hugging a 6i.

Some of these are real and some are for grins

1. Constantly on THP
2. Swinging imaginary clubs that I can't afford...at the office when no one is looking
3. If I happen to awake an hour or two early for a tee time I'm like a kid on x-mas and can't go back to sleep, so I start going over the gamplan for each shot.
4. I usually pick a local course and play it in my head as I lay down to sleep.
5. I bought a putter that agreed with me at the store but not on the course, so I'm about to put it in the marketplace...after only 1 round
6. I have more club boxes in my garage than clubs in my bag
7. I actually start to get a little sad on hole #16 because I know the highlight of my week is rapidly coming to an end.
8. I used to be a gym rat, now I'd much prefer to practice chipping in my backyard.
9. If I'm out with friends on a Friday night, undoubtedly someone will always ask, "What time is the teetime tomorrow morning?"
10. I have no problem initiating the weekly house cleaning in an attempt to butter up the wife to let me golf for the 2nd day in a row.
11. After a range session where I correct a flaw, I am always in a great mood.
12. I have no problem admitting that my ball retriever is an x-stiff and is on the verge of needing a grip replacement.
13. My wife wants to build a gazebo in the backyard, I admitted to her last night that I too wanted to build something....a sandbox to practice sand saves...and it would double as a sand box for a child (when we decide to have one in a few years)
14. When my dog sees me with a club in hand, she gets excited because she knows we're going to the backyard.
15. I actually think less of you if you don't have a 64*
16. When someone turns the TV on, the cable box is always set on TGC from the previous night
17. I have to defend my liking of Tiger, "I like Tiger the golfer, not Tiger the person"
18. I've contemplated and resisted jumping on the white belt bandwagon.
19. I threatened bodily harm to G-MAC after draining those 2 putts at the 2010 Chevron
20. After TW's win on Sunday, I had more than one person text me "The world is back to how it should be"
21. My most effective club is the hand-wedge

I relate when things occured based off of the golf season.

Examples -

Last snow of March 2009 was around the first week of the month and it was in the low 50's by the 21st.

We got my son's first set of professional photos done around the first weekend of December in 2009 because I played golf when we done and that was the last weekend I played golf that year.

I could be anywhere, and out of the blue I'll just practice my swing, even without a club in my hand.

I do this in the men's room at work, because I can check my posture and swing path in the mirror!

(and before anybody gets funny -- I mean the path of the imaginary club!)

You guys are sooo weird. I can relate.

Bedside table - previous five months issues of Golf Magazine; two books on golf rules and etiquette; my copy of "Every Shot Must have a Purpose"; and a sleeve of Titleist golf balls.

Does making a 30 second video that took hours and hours to finish with hopes of getting picked for the 2012 Morgan Cup qualify?

Does making a 30 second video that took hours and hours to finish with hopes of getting picked for the 2012 Morgan Cup qualify?

My golf psychologist says that is perfectly normal behavior.

**looks around for the "all of the above button" **

I only need to go on here and people think that i am crazy, my friends like golf but would never join a forum or practice as much as i do but i say each to their own and do we really need to ask whose game is always improving?

I constantly have the golf channel on the tv, i go on thp and tgw at least twice a day, and i swing an imaginary club around while no one is looking

I keep talking golf to people at work even after their eyes glaze over and they put a gun to their head.

I know I'm not a complete addict yet though. I haven't started buying left handed clubs just because they are on sale.

i do this too, i even get so bored that i make up a course through my living room and used ping pong balls instead of golf balls so i can do full swings with my 60*. Anything tile is considered a water hazard. If i open the club up enough the ceiling fan comes into play and i can occasionally get it to rocket me onto the green in one for an attempt at an eagle.

I keep talking golf to people at work even after their eyes glaze over and they put a gun to their head.

I know I'm not a complete addict yet though. I haven't started buying left handed clubs just because they are on sale.

Lefties are the devil, i would never buy LH clubs on sale lol

It's definitely awkward when I'm checking out my setup posture in the mirror in the bathroom and someone walks in...

My fiance thinks I'm nuts because the first thing I do when I put on ANY shirt (golf or not) is see if I can make a comfortable swing in it. Ya know, in case I'm somewhere and a golf match breaks out.

I could be anywhere, and out of the blue I'll just practice my swing, even without a club in my hand.

Ha, me too, I don't care if anyone sees me do it, it's not like I'm picking my nose or nothing.

I do this. Drives my fiance nuts as I'm constantly walking back and forth in front of the TV.

We have about the thickest carpet money can buy. The only place to putt in my house is on a concrete floor or my dad's office which drives him nuts when I'm in there (short carpet). So I am jealous of everyone who can putt at home.

Back