Callaway RAZR Hawk & Diablo Octane Drivers

Great job guys!

Finally got to watch this and great job by everyone. I can attest the fact that the guys I saw hitting this driver were crushing it. TC was murdering his Octane, and Jrod was hitting that Razr Hawk just stupid distances.

Outfreakingstanding promo vid. Damn you guys all looked like naturals doing this!!:callaway:

Just got to watch this. Everyone did awesome, I really dug how it turned out!!

This is freaking cool! Well done everybody! If another MC event comes up, I say amp it up with a song, a poem or a spoken word piece! (Ok, maybe just for the blooper reel...)

these are great too. i couldnt help but notice how different the various guys held and moved the mic. The difference of TC and OneT is the best. Performance over paint FTW, I'm sure Callaway loved you using that.

Great videos guys. You are all naturals in front of the camera.

---
- Tap, tap, tap. Just tap it in Happy

Thanks for sharing those numbers, JB. I like that it's lower spin, but not ultra low. I have to hit that combo.

Thanks for sharing those numbers, JB. I like that it's lower spin, but not ultra low. I have to hit that combo.

don't sleep on the stock shaft either Hawk. It has worked well for me so far.

don't sleep on the stock shaft either Hawk. It has worked well for me so far.

I hit it well in April, so it will definitely be worth trying. My driver shaft is like my blankie. I don't like to go anywhere without it hehe.

I hit it well in April, so it will definitely be worth trying. My driver shaft is like my blankie. I don't like to go anywhere without it hehe.

Same here. I'm tempted to throw my Kusala Black in it, but I'm not sure about it.

Are the Hawk's pretty receptive to aftermarket shafts? I've heard that Cally drivers can be difficult to reshaft, but I don't why or if it's even true.

Are the Hawk's pretty receptive to aftermarket shafts? I've heard that Cally drivers can be difficult to reshaft, but I don't why or if it's even true.

heard different things.

Jrod(i think) told me that the person who reshafted for him at to break the stock shaft to get it out. I know that with other models with the same S2H2 hosel that they have to heat the bottom and side of the club to get the shaft out.

Went out for a little launch monitor range session with this driver, the Titleist 910D2 and the TaylorMade R11. All outfitted with the same Miyazaki Kusala Silver shaft. ( I would like to thank John H at Grand Cypress for his Titleist to use).

I got virtually the same spin numbers across the board. Slightly higher with RAZR Hawk of about 100 rpms.
I got higher ball speed with RAZR Hawk of 4 mphs over the R11 and 6 mphs over the 90910.
I got more carry distance with the RAZR Hawk than both.
Not a ton difference between the three when averaging out my 10 best shots.

The biggest difference for me between the three is that when I hit them on the toe or heel, the RAZR Hawk got almost 15 yards more carry distance than the R11 and 18 yards more carry distance than the 910D2. When hitting them high on the club face, the RAZR Hawk was 1 yard behind the R11 in carry distance and 3 yards longer than the 910D2.

The more I play this driver the more I like it, but I needed some scientific stats behind it.

I didn't see you hit the driver on the course, but on the range during Media Day, you hit a bunch of good shots with it. Plus, that blue Radix shaft looks awesome with the Razr Hawk head.

JB, any chance that you put the Razr Hawk against the Srixon driver on the launch monitor sometime soon? I know that you'll play just about anything if the numbers are good, so I'm curious about the comparison to what you were gaming prior to the Morgan Cup.

Ary,
Here ya go.

RAZR Hawk vs Z-Star.

On the screws, the Z-Star had virtually the same spin as the RAZR Hawk, slightly more than the R11 and 910D2
The ball speed was slightly higher than the RAZR Hawk when hit on the sweet spot by 1-2 mph over a 20 ball average.
Carry distance was almost identical between the Z-Star and the RAZR Hawk. With in 1 yard on the average.

Off center hits the Z-Star was more forgiving on the shots missed higher on the club face and the RAZR Hawk was more forgiving on shots missed on the heel and toe. Both offered more forgiveness in both areas than the R11 and 910D2.

This again was tested with the same shaft (identical) in all 4 club heads. I hope this helps.
All measured with the Accusport VectorX.
Not robot scientific, but the best I could do in a short session.

Ary,
Here ya go.

RAZR Hawk vs Z-Star.

On the screws, the Z-Star had virtually the same spin as the RAZR Hawk, slightly more than the R11 and 910D2
The ball speed was slightly higher than the RAZR Hawk when hit on the sweet spot by 1-2 mph over a 20 ball average.
Carry distance was almost identical between the Z-Star and the RAZR Hawk. With in 1 yard on the average.

Off center hits the Z-Star was more forgiving on the shots missed higher on the club face and the RAZR Hawk was more forgiving on shots missed on the heel and toe. Both offered more forgiveness in both areas than the R11 and 910D2.

This again was tested with the same shaft (identical) in all 4 club heads. I hope this helps.
All measured with the Accusport VectorX.
Not robot scientific, but the best I could do in a short session.

good stuff JB! I think this is why the Razr Hawk worked well for me. When I miss its more out towards to the toe, rather than high or low on the face.

Golf Galaxy was the one that told me they had to break the stock shaft to get it out. But mine came back looking great with no issues or problems once the new Matrix was installed.

Razr Hawk FTW!

Razr Hawk FTW!

After playing the R9 for over a year and then the Z-Star for so long, I did not think anything would compare with it. They were close, but the Razr Hawk gives just a little more ball speed and is definitely more forgiving out on the toe, which I like.

After playing the R9 for over a year and then the Z-Star for so long, I did not think anything would compare with it. They were close, but the Razr Hawk gives just a little more ball speed and is definitely more forgiving out on the toe, which I like.

You were hitting it well last week. Had some nice distance and a great ball flight.

great info JB, might have a look when im next at the range..just wish they had more shaft choices to play with at my local range.

I was suprised with how easily you manipulated the ball flight. For a guy who never really talks about shaping shots you sure do it pretty well.

I was suprised with how easily you manipulated the ball flight. For a guy who never really talks about shaping shots you sure do it pretty well.

It's just called spraying it one way or snap hooking it the other hehe JB was driving the ball well all week with the Razr Hawk.

While sharing a round with my father over the weekend he was telling me that he wished I was on TM staff so that he could take the R11 driver from me(if that's what I would have gone with). I kept telling him that the RH was a better driver overall. After seeing me hit it well for 6 holes he decided to test it out. Even on shots he didn't hit well he saw good ball flight and distance. He currently has the R9 460 because he likes swapping out the shafts between reg and senior. He told me if he had the right shaft in the RH he would throw it in his bag in a second.

Did a pretty bad drive-by of this thread. Read it and didn't contribute. JB's LM numbers have me pondering the Razr Hawk. I was killing that driver with the regular flex when KB & I were hitting it at the outing. :callaway:

Just got to see the video now, but I wanted to let you know guys what a great job you did. I tried to imagine how I would do under similar circumstances and it made me nervous just thinking about it. Way to step up!

Back