#TheGrandaddy Recap Thread & Special Announcement

You guys have done a simply fantastic job with the updates, the recaps, and allowing me to go on your journey with you whether it was through the site or some semi-rahrah texts I had sent hahaha! Talk about setting the bar, I certainly didn't expect you guys to rent a helicopter and drop the bar somewhere in the clouds!!

Here ya go, something a little different to wrap this up for me. It's a little long, but I hope you all enjoy it.

Kevin, my man, you are such a beauty. From selection to recap, I knew you'd be an amazing addition to this already fantastic group, and despite what appeared to be trepidation on your part on whether you belonged in the event, you embraced it (because we were right, you 100% belonged) and gave it your all. I'm proud as hell of you, I can't wait to see you again, and I'm ready to give you a couple more dollars.

Words can't even be found to give this thread its righteous due. Simply AMAZING, Simply SINCERE, and Simply THP!!!!

Finally caught up reading all the recaps. Thanks everyone for taking us all along on the ride. There is no other place like this.

Tapatalking on my iPad

At a time when humanity seemed like a distant cousin, rather than the norm, you 8 brought me back.
For that I thank you. Reading this thread (and participating in it) has been a fountain of youth for me.
Its time to unleash #FranchiseRewritten on the world and it happens in 2014 and it happens because of you 8, the 8/9 members of the Zoo Crew and the wonderful people in this thread that took the time to read and enjoy our look backs at a very special week.

I know every single one of us, including the #zoocrew, can't thank you enough for having the vision and the know how to put an event like this together. I will say it again, and until the day I die, this was the best experience of my life. I can't thank you and Callaway for everything and I will eternally grateful for being a part of something so special.

And to all of you at THP that followed along and shared your thoughts and well wishes, thank you. It was so much fun to be able to share with you guys and have that support truly made the event that much more special. Keep reading along and feel free to ask questions. Nothing is off limits and we would be happy to answer any question.

Some random and fun facts from the week:

-Pete has a great shot with a soap dispenser.

- Seth would never refer to himself in the third person from the second dimension for 2 hours, or would he?

- birds aren't the only ones fooled by glass doors

- I broke the 3rd rule not 10 minutes after I was told not too.

- Callaways 2014 lineup is the best one I have ever seen or hit.

-when you fool 9 people who's job is to know what other people are doing around them, now that's a good prank

- I struggle with meeting new people. The whole #zoocrew are some of the nicest people I have ever met, add in they love golf as much as us and that's a huge bonus.

- I miss comfort stations. Where's my ice cream sandwhich?!?

More to come later.

I now fully understand what the Morgan Cupper's were talking about when they said they had a Morgan Cup hangover. I just can't even imagine touching a golf club in the near future.

At a time when humanity seemed like a distant cousin, rather than the norm, you 8 brought me back.
For that I thank you. Reading this thread (and participating in it) has been a fountain of youth for me.
Its time to unleash #FranchiseRewritten on the world and it happens in 2014 and it happens because of you 8, the 8/9 members of the Zoo Crew and the wonderful people in this thread that took the time to read and enjoy our look backs at a very special week.

Never been anything like it for me and I can only hope to experience something on that level again.

The whole week I was cognizant of the fact that many of the moments and feelings I was experiencing would be impossible to bottle up and remember at a later time. I was right about that for many of them too. Still have some of them in there, but in a selfish way I'm glad that I lived in the moment while I was there.

Some random and fun facts from the week:

-Pete has a great shot with a soap dispenser.

- Seth would never refer to himself in the third person from the second dimension for 2 hours, or would he?

- birds aren't the only ones fooled by glass doors

- I broke the 3rd rule not 10 minutes after I was told not too.

- Callaways 2014 lineup is the best one I have ever seen or hit.

-when you fool 9 people who's job is to know what other people are doing around them, now that's a good prank

- I struggle with meeting new people. The whole #zoocrew are some of the nicest people I have ever met, add in they love golf as much as us and that's a huge bonus.

- I miss comfort stations. Where's my ice cream sandwhich?!?

More to come later.

How crazy fitting for you eh buddy? An unsung Callaway homer by design, this dude goes out and gets blown away by them once again. Can't wait to see where the handicap is come August with an entire set tailored to your game my brother.

How crazy fitting for you eh buddy? An unsung Callaway homer by design, this dude goes out and gets blown away by them once again. Can't wait to see where the handicap is come August with an entire set tailored to your game my brother.

I might be a little biased. Haha.

Really all the guys out there have been saying the same thing. There isn't a person out there that won't find SOMETHING that will fit their game.

I can't wait for next year. Thinking it's going to be my best year yet.

Well I just spent the first 2 hours of my work day catching up on all the recaps from this weekend. I now have a small head ache and eye strain from staring at the computer screen non-stop, but it was worth it! :D I know a lot of people have said it, but I'll say it again anyways. Thank you all for letting us be a part of your journey. These detailed recaps are really fantastic, and really show what this crazy place is all about. As someone that's never been to a THP event yet, reading all this just gets me all giddy and all fired up for when I finally get to experience it.

Originally planned on doing a pretty thorough write up on the courses, but as time goes on I think I'll just skip anything too long. Here's a few thoughts though.

Dye Course

At 6,700 yards, this course played extremely long - not to mention the frost delay. I can't tell you how many times I said to Seth, "Cool, another 430 yard par 4!"

Dye has a way of putting rough and hazards where they'll punish the hell out of you for just a minor miss. The rough was a club grabbing mess that sent shot off line.

As a rule, the greens were smaller and broke the opposite way that you thought they might. So many slight breaks that fooled the eyes.

It doesn't photograph as well, but this course is immaculate.

DSCN3835-L.jpg

DSCN3837-L.jpg

DSCN3838-L.jpg

This is 18 I believe.
DSCN3843-L.jpg

DSCN3844-L.jpg

Clive Course

While not much shorter and rated almost just as difficult, this one played easier for me.

The Clive course is just over-the-top beautiful. It's Augusta-ish in the sense that there are dramatic looking holes, with flowers everywhere, creeks bubbling, waterfalls, etc. Just a course that hits you with a sensory overload.

From 6,500+ it was quite playable, mainly because the par 4's weren't all super long and punishing. Some where, but many were holes you could get at without hitting it 270 yards off the tee.

More elevation changes, primarily in the form of some elevated tee boxes and greens.

Greens were large as rule. Quite a few tiered greens with a lot of slope. For the most part the breaks were easy to spot, but there were times I made a read, asked the caddie what he thought, and then was told the opposite. Even so, I made quite a few putts on this course compared to the Dye.

I'd play this course every day for the rest of my life if I could.

Stunning par 3's, especially 7 and 11.
DSCN3846-L.jpg

DSCN3845-L.jpg

DSCN3849-L.jpg

DSCN3828-L.jpg

DSCN3852-L.jpg

DSCN3851-L.jpg

DSCN3850-L.jpg

I almost have those exact photos Hawk. Great minds.

Those pictures just blow me away every single time I see a new one.

This Grandaddy hangover is BAD! Had a friend invite me to take the day off work (could have swung it) and play a really nice course in KC and I told him I had no interest in doing it. The clubs aren't going to be coming out for awhile, and I am perfectly ok with that. Looking back at this event just makes me smile. What an incredible incredible experience that I was a part of.

It wont be the only one, but it will be the first, and I am glad we didn't screw up so there will be more to come!

Gorgeous!!

Wow some great pictures there Hawk. The courses look amazing and I wouldn't mind playing them for the rest of my life to. The defiantly look challenging but look like they can be rewarding to.

I see these pictures and think of an oasis in the desert. Palm trees and beauty everywhere, just stunning!

This course has been added to my bucket list of courses to play.

Oh my, I dont think I have EVER seen anything like this course.

Some more of the Clive (aka ATL's Bee-otch)

1211131422a.jpg

1211131325.jpg

Approach on 18
1211131354.jpg

Par 5 8th (EAGLE!)
1211131042.jpg

1211131034.jpg

dang Hawk, some amazing pics

ATLClive75 hitting his approach on 18

1211131354a.jpg

*please note that the aurora is not coming from the sun, but from ATLClive

No wonder it's called the hideaway. It looks like it's just nestled right in that little valley.

No wonder it's called the hideaway. It looks like it's just nestled right in that little valley.

It really is, and you could drive past the entrance dozens of times and never realize what lays inside it. No sign or anything

It really is, and you could drive past the entrance dozens of times and never realize what lays inside it. No sign or anything
Sounds incredible dude. The fairway ATL is hitting off up there almost looks fake it's so perfect.

Back