Not open for further replies.
Hi ho, hi ho,
it's off to work I go,
with a cough and a wheeze
and a sniff and a sneeze
hi ho...hi ho....

Thank goodness for prescription drugs.
Nothing a few days of MC won't cure!!!

That's awful, deeceebeerad. Do you pay for a service to move the snow, or is that a function of the city/county?

We pay per month. Which sucks even more.

Soooooooooooo woke up to almost 2 feet of snow in my driveway. Awesome. Get the whole driveway cleared out, get to the office, and our sidewalks have NOT BEEN TOUCHED. Where's that money going every month? I mean, I can understand if it is still coming down hard and they are trying to keep up with it, but to not even touch them and it's 9:00?

Off to shovel in dress clothes....

Dude I'm in the same boat. I pay homeowners association dues and my subdivision was now plowed. It was so bad we could get the car out of the driveway but could not move after that so we were stuck in the road. Managed to push it back in the driveway.

Even worse than that...my weekend was ruined. There are two things in life that only happen once (well for the most part, some people get married multiple times) and that is getting married and graduating college. I've busted my balls for 4 years working 2 jobs and going to school full time. My college graduation was Saturday and I had to drive 1 1/2 hours south to get there. Got up early to give myself extra time because I knew there would be snow. It was so bad it took me over a half hour to get to somewhere that usually takes me 15 minutes. We about slid off the road 4 times within that distance, and with the baby in the car as well as the rest of my family I couldn't put them at risk it. I missed my college graduation Saturday :angry: I was really looking forward to walking across that stage in front of my family and accepting that diploma. Unfortunately now it will never happen...

We pay per month. Which sucks even more.
Brutal dude, just brutal.

If it makes you feel any better, nobody showed up at my business today to shovel snow either.

If it makes you feel any better, nobody showed up at my business today to shovel snow either.

Its not often one of your "Move to Florida / Florida is better" jokes makes me laugh but this one did it.

That was a below-the-belt shot! But, funny.

Well we experienced the same storm here that many Northeasters were talking about over the last two days. Almost a foot of snow yesterday, then rain in the afternoon, then shut in cold over night. Its been in the high teens, low twenties. Everything is just ice this morning. I don't mind snow, but hate when its combined with rain.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hey guys it snowed again.

It's snowing here as well. I'm shocked the Kroger's aren't on fire from looting and the city isn't shut down.

I hate it when I let $hit get to me that I don't have any control over. Thanks to all who cared. I'm back after a little break and ready to kick some arse! This is the wrong time of the year to be in a funk, anyway. I'm sending my Christmas cards and wishes today, and you all get one too. Look for it soon.

Hang in there you invitational champion you!!!!!

I hate white elephant Christmas parties. I always get stuck with the garbage gift. I bring in a bottle of Crown Royal Black and I leave with a bag full of used golf balls and a towel. Kind of funny looking back on it though.

Had some snow this weekend, but that's not the issue. There is ice everywhere on the sidewalks! It makes it so tricky to try to walk anywhere. What's worse is that our dog doesn't want to walk at all, she won't even do her business outside right now. She shakes when we try to take her outside. :-(

Had some snow this weekend, but that's not the issue. There is ice everywhere on the sidewalks! It makes it so tricky to try to walk anywhere. What's worse is that our dog doesn't want to walk at all, she won't even do her business outside right now. She shakes when we try to take her outside. :-(
You try those puppy training pads to see if she would use those?

Even better!

indoor-dog-grass.jpg
DS-35_large.jpg

Litter box training for a dog?

Litter box training for a dog?

I believe so. For people who can't take their dog out for whatever reason. Ice would be a good reason, I think!

Dude I'm in the same boat. I pay homeowners association dues and my subdivision was now plowed. It was so bad we could get the car out of the driveway but could not move after that so we were stuck in the road. Managed to push it back in the driveway.

Even worse than that...my weekend was ruined. There are two things in life that only happen once (well for the most part, some people get married multiple times) and that is getting married and graduating college. I've busted my balls for 4 years working 2 jobs and going to school full time. My college graduation was Saturday and I had to drive 1 1/2 hours south to get there. Got up early to give myself extra time because I knew there would be snow. It was so bad it took me over a half hour to get to somewhere that usually takes me 15 minutes. We about slid off the road 4 times within that distance, and with the baby in the car as well as the rest of my family I couldn't put them at risk it. I missed my college graduation Saturday :angry: I was really looking forward to walking across that stage in front of my family and accepting that diploma. Unfortunately now it will never happen...

Congratulations on all your hard work and finishing your degree. Maybe they would let you walk in the summer graduation session, doesn't hurt to ask.

Tapatalking on my iPad

Sorry to hear that IN. As a guy that has watched you work so hard for that, it is a bummer. But nobody can take that hard work away from you. You did it and we are so proud of you.

Really no place to put one of those on our deck, which is also covered in snow. Putting one of those in the condo isn't going to fly with my wife because of the baby.

I just went to the dog park that is 2 blocks away and she finally did her business. It's so pathetic to watch her gingerly try to walk over the packed snow and ice.

No one can take away what you accomplished though Bradd. As much as that validation was earned, you put your family first and that is incredibly honourable.

Congrats again on your college completion.

Bradd: that really sucks dude. I know you have worked your tail off to achieve what you have and not being able to celebrate the occasion is just rough.

Chin up and enjoy everyday with the beautiful family!

I hate white elephant Christmas parties. I always get stuck with the garbage gift. I bring in a bottle of Crown Royal Black and I leave with a bag full of used golf balls and a towel. Kind of funny looking back on it though.

Next time, empty the crown and replace with tea of the same color. I did that one time. It was hilarious when they found out it wasn't crown!

Thats rough bro, but while walking across the stage is one thing, dont let that one part upset you about the accomplishment you have worked your arse off for years to achieve. That's something to be proud of, and you did all of that while being a great husband and an incredible father. Remember, that graduation ceremony is a commencement of what journey you have lying ahead of you.

Good things are heading your way dude, I feel it.

I was gonna make a bike joke, but I literally have none. So. Ya. Haha

I was gonna make a bike joke, but I literally have none. So. Ya. Haha

No one showed up to your job on a bike. There you go. You showed him....haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back