I'm glad he's alright, a crazy moment for sure while going through it, but now it can be laughed about.

Wow

swing your swing

My wife had a discussion with our daughter recently which she relayed to me. The daughter and her friend both like the same boy. The boy is into football. The daughter tells us he has blond hair like her (the friend has brown hair).

At church yesterday a girl came up to my family as we were walking out. She introduced herself to me (she had met my wife last week). She was obviously interested only in talking to my son, and stopped us so she could get face time with him. (side note: he turned extremely shy, which was pretty funny to see) They are in the church Christmas pageant together and she drew him a picture which just happened to be a scene from the play where the two of them were together.

My daughter is 6. My son is 9. Ugh.

My wife had a discussion with our daughter recently which she relayed to me. The daughter and her friend both like the same boy. The boy is into football. The daughter tells us he has blond hair like her (the friend has brown hair).

At church yesterday a girl came up to my family as we were walking out. She introduced herself to me (she had met my wife last week). She was obviously interested only in talking to my son, and stopped us so she could get face time with him. (side note: he turned extremely shy, which was pretty funny to see) They are in the church Christmas pageant together and she drew him a picture which just happened to be a scene from the play where the two of them were together.

My daughter is 6. My son is 9. Ugh.

Funny story. So the next chapter begins, EARLY.

Proud parent moment yesterday.

I got a $10 gift card from Dick's for Christmas for having a score card there. So we all head there yesterday because I wanted a new grip for my putter, so the gift card was perfect. We're walking in and my wife is holding my daughter's hand; 2.5 years old. My wife goes "Kaylee, look where we're going!" My daughter looks up at the big sign on the front of the store and goes "It's the golf store!" Big ole smile across my face :D

She loves putting on the green in there, so we go over there so she can play a little bit. She starts playing and says "Look I'm playing golf!" She even got my wife her own ball and putter and brought them to her so she could play as well. It was awesome.

How could I stop her from wasting a stamp Her 7-yr old spirit is so much more important.
a5ybe5an.jpg

How could I stop her from wasting a stamp Her 7-yr old spirit is so much more important.
a5ybe5an.jpg
Love it!

It is so awesome being able to see our kids experience the magic of Christmas!

So we got a new puppy. Here is my youngest with the new addition to the family. This is Sassy.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1387217010558.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1387217010558.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 0
Going out of town for Christmas & yesterday we spent the day with my parents. The girls received their presents & part of the gifts was some money my parents gave me to spend on the girls. Fast forward we get home and my daughter turns and says, "Daddy I want to go somewhere" (I ask her where she wants to go) "I want to go shopping with the money Tita gave us"......mind you I never thought she saw my parents give me the money, so I was shocked to say the least....she is only 4 and already is ready to go shopping. i'm in toruble.

My daughter had her first ever solo in her band concert tonight, she's in 7th grade. She started out the song with the flute solo, it was a medley of Christmas tunes, and she KICKED BUTT.

I was so proud :D

My daughter had her first ever solo in her band concert tonight, she's in 7th grade. She started out the song with the flute solo, it was a medley of Christmas tunes, and she KICKED BUTT.

That's cool, gotta be a good feeling. Can't wait to watch my kids do stuff like that when they're older.

I'm sure she was pretty relieved when it was over; I know I would have been.

So fun/terrifying to hear about all the kiddos growing up and reaching new and "interesting" milestones. I'm not ready for my sweet little children to grow up, but something tells me I can't stop them now.

I'm sure she was pretty relieved when it was over; I know I would have been.

So fun/terrifying to hear about all the kiddos growing up and reaching new and "interesting" milestones. I'm not ready for my sweet little children to grow up, but something tells me I can't stop them now.

She handled it pretty well - she's been dancing since she was 5 (she's 13 next month) and is OK with being on a stage. Her mom and I were both musicians throughout school and I "semi-retired" from playing bar and club gigs last year, so we've talked to her about relaxing when playing. In fact, the first words out of her mouth were "did you hear how bad my tone was at the end? I wanted to do it again and do it better!" Of course, I didn't notice a thing!

As far as "interesting" milestones... I'll let you know when a boy first calls the house for her. You'll probably hear my scream around the world.

Getting the kids ready to leave the house. Hat, coats, and boots get put on. We arrive at the babysitters and this happens:

"Gracyn, come here so I can take your shoes off."

"Daddy, these aren't shoes. They're boots, remember?"

Yup, made to feel dumb by a (almost) three year old.

Parenting Thread

Here ya go. This is what I go through with my daughter.

Last edited:
Our sitter had a Christmas party for the parents and kids. We had so much fun. We are so lucky.

apa5ytu6.jpg

ugytedy9.jpg

e3e3y9uq.jpg

Kaylee dressed up for "Christmas in the Park" that base housing put on last night. They brought in snow makers so these kids could go sleigh riding and play in the snow here in southern AZ. BTW it was only 65* and we were dressed like it was 20*, life is hard in the desert haha...

vutusa7e.jpg

Tappin away

Parenting Thread

My oldest was the Christmas Angel in her first grade class play. She enjoys the spotlight for sure.

a2u4unu7.jpg

ryhemy4a.jpg

The kids have been at each other all weekend. I'm about to lose it.

Man there is just so much great stuff in this thread. Nate, come on, P is for putting, everyone knows this. GregDan, your kid is freaking adorable, and it's never too early to work on the mean guy look. Dev, your daughter is awesome, and my son wears clear boxes on his head too. Mayday, I had to stop for a second because I was like "Christmas in the park and she's not wearing 16 layers?" then I realized not everyone lives in frigid climates. Rob, the daughter looks angelic, and innocent as ever!

Thanks everyone for continuing to share pics/stories about your kids.

Man there is just so much great stuff in this thread. Nate, come on, P is for putting, everyone knows this. GregDan, your kid is freaking adorable, and it's never too early to work on the mean guy look. Dev, your daughter is awesome, and my son wears clear boxes on his head too. Mayday, I had to stop for a second because I was like "Christmas in the park and she's not wearing 16 layers?" then I realized not everyone lives in frigid climates. Rob, the daughter looks angelic, and innocent as ever!

Thanks everyone for continuing to share pics/stories about your kids.

The great thing about this thread, it may never end. An infinite source of material is available to us.

And I can see this becoming a rather therapeutic thread over the next few days. Because it's always stress free around the holidays, ya know.

On Saturday, my daughter (8) staked it to about 2 feet on the last hole at a local par 3 course (she missed the birdie). I didn't say anything about making a birdie, so missing wasn't a big deal.

She couldn't wait to get home and tell her mom about that shot and how well she played. I think I shed a tear of happiness watching her excitement.

Back