NEW 2014 Callaway Golf Balls - Speed Regime 1, 2, or 3 (based on swing speed)

In what way, if you don't mind my asking? I'm currently loving the Hex Hot, hitting it notably farther and straighter than anything at its price point (Q-Star, e6), so I'm wondering what would make the SR2 worth the extra $14?

If I recall, the hex hot is a distance call while the SR2 is a tour level ball. You'd likely get more around the greens with the SR2 than your current gamer.

I'm not sure how much we can say about the SR balls until they are officially released. I'll stay mum on them for now.

I will say that they are easily my favorite Callaway ball.

In what way, if you don't mind my asking? I'm currently loving the Hex Hot, hitting it notably farther and straighter than anything at its price point (Q-Star, e6), so I'm wondering what would make the SR2 worth the extra $14?

The SR line is going to be their premium line. They will have a distance ball similar to the hex hot I believe

Looking forward to hitting the SR3 for sure. The Chrome + is a great ball, so I would imagine the SR line will be better than those.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I have been playing the chromes now for nearly 2 years. The only thing I would like to see improve on the chrome is a bit more spin on the greens. ( and yes, I use the correct technique, etc. They just don't spin as much as other urethane balls imo ) If the new Callaway can bridge this gap, I'm in!

I'm not sure how much we can say about the SR balls until they are officially released. I'll stay mum on them for now.

I will say that they are easily my favorite Callaway ball.

Yea buddy. Learned a lot about those balls, both from the R&D guys and on the course.

Yea buddy. Learned a lot about those balls, both from the R&D guys and on the course.

I'm still amazed that the balls actually respond to swing speed. SR2s were a little off for me, while the SR3s were pretty awesome. Very interesting that each ball is designed completely differently to accommodate a certain swing speed.

I'm still amazed that the balls actually respond to swing speed. SR2s were a little off for me, while the SR3s were pretty awesome. Very interesting that each ball is designed completely differently to accommodate a certain swing speed.

Did you know Matt used the "2"? He tried them both and preferred the feel for his game. Dude bombs the ball too. You and Kevin were just the opposite.

Did you know Matt used the "2"? He tried them both and preferred the feel for his game. Dude bombs the ball too. You and Kevin were just the opposite.

That's interesting.

You saw the ball flight for me with the SR2 and SR3. Noticeably different (and better) with the 3.

That's interesting.

You saw the ball flight for me with the SR2 and SR3. Noticeably different (and better) with the 3.

Yes I did. Same w/ Kevin.

Why was my post and pics removed?

I really enjoyed the 2s. Surprised me a bit but it really shouldn't. Hoping to try the 3s out soon.

I really enjoyed the 2s. Surprised me a bit but it really shouldn't. Hoping to try the 3s out soon.

I should have tossed you one. Sorry about that.

Still surprised how different the 2 and 3 felt. I've played different balls before without noticing that much difference. Maybe one flew a little higher, but not much noticeable. The 2 and 3 felt starkly different. Really cool.

I like the idea of diffrent swing speed levels in a ball will allow every body to be able to copress the ball and get max preformace out of there ball

I like the idea of diffrent swing speed levels in a ball will allow every body to be able to copress the ball and get max preformace out of there ball

I can't wait to talk more about these, because Doc Hocknell gave us a good rundown of the how's and why's.

I can't wait to talk more about these, because Doc Hocknell gave us a good rundown of the how's and why's.

The knowledge that Greg dropped on me regarding the dimple patterns and aerodynamics of the balls in the SR lineup was mind boggling. Looking forward to sharing that with everyone as well.

The best part about the SR balls is it is not just about compression.

Got any tester sleeves laying around out there? :call-me:

I should have tossed you one. Sorry about that.

Still surprised how different the 2 and 3 felt. I've played different balls before without noticing that much difference. Maybe one flew a little higher, but not much noticeable. The 2 and 3 felt starkly different. Really cool.

It's cool. I have a few to try out. :alien:

Just a question for you guys that have tried them, and if you are aloud to say, do these new balls still have the HEX dimple pattern?

Just a question for you guys that have tried them, and if you are aloud to say, do these new balls still have the HEX dimple pattern?

Yes. Hex pattern is still there.

It's what Callaway is known for right?

Back