Uphill or downhill which do you favor?

Are we talking ball above or below feet? Or uphill/downhill? With regards to up or down I have no preference and miss equally from either but I hate the ball being below my feet. What a nightmare that is.

Are we talking ball above or below feet? Or uphill/downhill? With regards to up or down I have no preference and miss equally from either but I hate the ball being below my feet. What a nightmare that is.

I am the same. hate the ball below my feet. Gotta practice that a lot more.

I guess I'm totally opposite from most everyone here. Not to change the subject from uphill/downhill, but ball below my feet is so comfortable to me compared to above. Wide stance, flex those knees and keep the front knee flexed as the club comes through. Above my feet, I get fat shot after fat shot (one of the things I'm practicing this winter)

Okay, back to uphill/downhill

Bring a high baller, I like down hill shots a little better so I feel myself swinging easier to punch it towards the green

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

I am the same. hate the ball below my feet. Gotta practice that a lot more.

I took the question as an uphill or downhill shot, not above or below your feet. But in that vein, I prefer it below my feet. Easier for me to get the ball to go where I want it to.

It would have to be up hill for me as well. I just seam to make better contact on the hit.

Being tall in struggle with downhill lies because it's harder for me to stay down on the ball. I can choke up a little on an uphill lie and tend to hit them better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer uphill and I tend to hit down on the ball. Plus the weight thing hurts as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough one to answer for me. I think I seem to make more downhill putts than anything else, even though typically they are not easier. My struggle with uphill putts is leaving them short.

Uphill shots, while my ball above my feets tend to fit my eye better. I can usually work that shot to my advantage in most cases.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Uphill lies and putts
Downhill drives and pitches

All kinds of bad things happen with downhill lies; fat, thin, topped.

I might pull the uphill lie but I can adjust and usually make good contact.

Good thread..this is a tough one.. But with downhill, only thing you have to worry about is the line. Up hill you have line and speed.. If I'm playing well, downhill for sure..if I'm just trying to get in the clubhouse...up hill

The more severe the slope, the more I prefer the uphill lie. Much easier to get the ball in the air. The shot I hate the most is the short pitch off a steep downhill lie when you're well above the green you just overshot...

The more severe the slope, the more I prefer the uphill lie. Much easier to get the ball in the air. The shot I hate the most is the short pitch off a steep downhill lie when you're well above the green you just overshot...

That's about the only time I use my 58° anymore.

To me an uphill lie is much easier to deal with....choke down on the club and make a smooth swing....downhill lies I almost always catch them thin

Depending on the distance shot I do better with a downhill lie. Iron in hand, better with downhill. Fairway Wood give me the uphill. One of my many swing flaws is that I get my weight on the back foot and struggle to get it back towards the front foot. On an uphill lie that mistake just tends to kill me.

Have always seemed to manage downhill lies a bit better

KG

Just Tapping Away

Flat lies but if I have to choose...

Uphill, both lies and putts

To me an uphill lie is much easier to deal with....choke down on the club and make a smooth swing....downhill lies I almost always catch them thin

Not saying anything right or wrong but why choke down (or up we should say) the club shaft? I guess whatever works well for someone but I always thought its the same swing but just need to keep shoulders parallel to the ground and still hit the ball at the bottom of the arc with the same swing and shaft legnth as a regular swing. Totaly correect I'm not sure but is what i thought and works for me and then of course also use a longer club to make up for the loft difference.

Not saying anything right or wrong but why choke down (or up we should say) the club shaft? I guess whatever works well for someone but I always thought its the same swing but just need to keep shoulders parallel to the ground and still hit the ball at the bottom of the arc with the same swing and shaft legnth as a regular swing. Totaly correect I'm not sure but is what i thought and works for me and then of course also use a longer club to make up for the loft difference.

I may be wrong, but I think some are thinking an uphill lie means ball above your feet, not an uphill shot.

I find that downhill lies force me to hit down on the ball (I'm a sweeper :( ) and usually end up with better shots

I prefer uphill - I have a tendency to hit low screamers on downhill lies, especially if I have a wedge in my hand... #disaster

Putting, I'll take uphill as well. Can always get more aggressive with an uphiller since you don't have to worry about it running by as much.

I prefer neither, but I would take uphill over downhill. I have trouble staying down on downhill lies.

Keep Calm and Golf On.

I find the uphill shots are much easier for me.
I have the darndest time judging the distances on downhill lies.

Back