I just hate bowling altogether. I'll spare you my games (because they all sucked), but in the 4th, I had NINE STRIKES and shot 207. First 4, pocket 7-10, next 3, pocket 7-10. Then. 2 in the 10th. Good thing I drink.....

Sounds like what happened to the guy I bowled against. I had to ask him "whacha do to tick off the bowling gods"
I mean he hit the pocket every time & get 7-10s, 8-10s, 8 pins & 10 pins.

Bowling is the only sport where you can throw your absolute best shot, and be rewarded with a standing 10 pin.

Well, my oil streak on my ball is really messed up, either I'm not throwing it right, or its not drilled right, or both.

Bowling is the only sport where you can throw your absolute best shot, and be rewarded with a standing 10 pin.

Is that because bowling is the only sport with a 10 pin???

Just messin'...

Went and practiced last night, found some drills to help out with a few things and add some revs.

I have timing and balance issues as well as mental issues yet, haha, talking to the lane owner he provided some positive stuff said I have a really nice ball when I'm throwing right, but I have to work on my tendency to throw it in the gutter multiple times.

Another kid and I got to talking to him about back in the day, the guy has some really interesting stories, he's old enough to remember quite a bit of change.

There's some older guys that bowl with us, and they're no slouches, I think the one guy is in his 90s. Kind of crazy.

Me & Jay got to throw a couple of games yesterday. .nothing special. I have a hard time knuckling down during these type of get togethers. But just to have fun
I did break 100 for all 3 games. Lol

Looks like ill be rolling in a 15wk, 2 man league in a few week. Been a while since i bowled consistently so this is gonna be a blast! Lookin forward to getting the gear out again

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Just joined my dad's team this week and should bowl quite often. I haven't played since tearing my acl in May 2010. I threw a 465 series my first week. I was pretty happy overall.

Me & Jay got to throw a couple of games yesterday. .nothing special. I have a hard time knuckling down during these type of get togethers. But just to have fun
I did break 100 for all 3 games. Lol

We each threw one 200 (yours was better than mine) out of the three. We were throwing sooo fast due to time though. I don't enjoy sweating when I bowl! lol I had a blast, need to do that again sometime when we have MORE time.

I watched the PBA Tour a while today. They were throwing on the Chameleon Pattern, it looks like a heavy house shot! lol The guy I watched that did really well was going right up the gutter maybe one arrow and bombing the pocket. Straight, long and snap...I liked it. I might have to try that when my normal line it gone.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I played awful. 111 first game. I couldn't et my release right all game. 222 the second game, I did much better but threw a gutter ball in the 10th and left it open. 157 the last game, going to the 10th I had 4 straight strikes. We needed me to at least spare to win. Gutter ball and then dropped it dead center and got 1 pin.

I suck

I played awful. 111 first game. I couldn't et my release right all game. 222 the second game, I did much better but threw a gutter ball in the 10th and left it open. 157 the last game, going to the 10th I had 4 straight strikes. We needed me to at least spare to win. Gutter ball and then dropped it dead center and got 1 pin.

I suck
In our league, a 111 at any point costs you a $1. And 5th frame opens cost you 50 cents. Some nights, I'm out $2.....

My team just plays poker. Get 2 cards for doubles & big splits
I've had my 7 cards by the 4th frame

We play poker as well. Strike nets ya 2 cards a spare is one.

Bowling like poo again, I think practice made it worse.

Gonna have to turn this ship around here and bowl a good game.

Last game split the 9th & 10th and shot 203 just 611 series.
Threw a lot of 9 counts tonight

I righted that ship abut as well as the captain of the Costa Concordia.

92 ftw.

Couldn't hit my spot couldn't hold on to the ball, my timing was out of whack, I mean I hit my leg for cry out loud.

Haha ha, pffft back to practicing I was thinking to much, and my finger holes grew. Oh well, now it's three weeks off for this league.

Well....ya.....so I threw a SOLID 491 series! My average is now down to a 176. That's 11 pins less than last year, so there's that. We did win all 4 again tonight but we finished the 1st half of the season 2 1/2 games out of 1st.
Oh well, I guess the silver lining is that my tournament average will be pretty easy to hit if I bowl in a State event.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Had a bad first game before I realized I had to move into the uncharted territory left of 4th arrow.

185-212-232/629

The first shift of bowlers isn't bowling the next 2 weeks due to the holidays so we'll only be second shift next Thursday. There might actually be some oil.

Well, I went and got two new balls and got my other two redone.

Now my setup is:
Storm Virtual Gravity Nano
DV8 Hellraiser Terror
Brunswick Power Groove Reactive
Brunswick T-Zone

The Power Groove and Virtual Gravity Nano were plugged and re-drilled so that they had proper span.

I don't know what the drill layout is on them all, the Nano should be the most aggressive followed by the Hellraiser then the power groove.

Practiced with them last night and it's a heck of a difference having the proper grips and span. I'll go out again tonight, for more practice, need to keep my hand behind the ball and not going around or up top.

Rhyno, where are the pins..out of curiosity. All of mine are above the fingers & most are above the ring finger

I'll check tonight for sure, but if I remember correctly on the Nano the pin is above and slightly out, on the Hellraiser the pin is drilled out, right under the ring finger, and on the power groove it's below.

I'll check tonight for sure, but if I remember correctly on the Nano the pin is above and slightly out, on the Hellraiser the pin is drilled out, right under the ring finger, and on the power groove it's below.

That's where my last two ball had there pins as well. For my, it was all about getting a little more hook action as I'm not a "cranker" style thrower.

Had my best game and best series ever on Thursday night.

215/237/187 for a 639!

The lanes actually had oil this week so that was nice. My 3rd game was on the verge of disaster. In the 5th I left a split and didn't cover. My guy I was bowling was on 3 straight strikes and I was in trouble. I walked up and just hammered a strike as he watched. He left a 4 pin and missed his spare. I spared 7 and 8 and he left a couple more opens. I knew I'd put him away with a strike in the 9th and I drilled it home!

We were neck and neck with the other team going into the 10th and bowling 3rd gave me the chance to close out the game. I struck out and shot my 187! Hardest and ugliest 187 I've ever thrown but it did the job.

Had my best game and best series ever on Thursday night.

215/237/187 for a 639!

The lanes actually had oil this week so that was nice. My 3rd game was on the verge of disaster. In the 5th I left a split and didn't cover. My guy I was bowling was on 3 straight strikes and I was in trouble. I walked up and just hammered a strike as he watched. He left a 4 pin and missed his spare. I spared 7 and 8 and he left a couple more opens. I knew I'd put him away with a strike in the 9th and I drilled it home!

We were neck and neck with the other team going into the 10th and bowling 3rd gave me the chance to close out the game. I struck out and shot my 187! Hardest and ugliest 187 I've ever thrown but it did the job.

Nice series man! Solid work! Sometimes those scramblin games are the most satisfying

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Back