Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

That's not bad at all. 15.4 is better than average

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are all bad in our own minds...even on our best days. There has never been a round were I couldn't find a few dumb strokes I gave away.

We are all bad in our own minds...even on our best days. There has never been a round were I couldn't find a few dumb strokes I gave away.

and some of us are bad in other peoples minds too :beat-up: at least lately. Ughh

and some of us are bad in other peoples minds too :beat-up: at least lately. Ughh

Haha! There are always those days when you get paired with someone just picking up the game, then you look like you might know what you are doing. Confidence boost..hey I'm not the worst golfer on the planet!

Haha! There are always those days when you get paired with someone just picking up the game, then you look like you might know what you are doing. Confidence boost..hey I'm not the worst golfer on the planet!

Funny, when I get paired with people like this I typically play worse than my handicap.

Funny, when I get paired with people like this I typically play worse than my handicap.

I generally play better. No pressure I guess because I can get really bad with someone who is good if they are not real easy going. I start rushing and trying to hard.

I'm still randomly good or bad, playing partners don't seem to matter.

Anyone played Sycamore GC in Sycamore? GolfNow has a good deal there - $17 for 18 holes with cart. I'm guessing it's a basic little muni course but I would like to hear from anyone who has played it. It's about a 30 mile drive for me.

Anyone played Sycamore GC in Sycamore? GolfNow has a good deal there - $17 for 18 holes with cart. I'm guessing it's a basic little muni course but I would like to hear from anyone who has played it. It's about a 30 mile drive for me.

Never played it but for that cheap it might be worth the ride.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I was behind a group like that today. Took 3:15 to finish the front. They bailed at the turn and got the back nine in under two hours. Can't get mad at them though. We all had to start somewhere.

I played there about 20 years ago. From what I can remember, it was an okay course, particularly for $17.

It's been a few years since I've been up there, but I don't have any bad memories of it. For $17 it's def worth another shot.

I was behind a group like that today. Took 3:15 to finish the front. They bailed at the turn and got the back nine in under two hours. Can't get mad at them though. We all had to start somewhere.

No but it can be crushing when you are cruising around as a single and then...wham! You hit one slow group. Most will offer to let you play through, but every now and then you will bump into a group who doesn't know enough to offer or doesn't care.

Where did you play today ?

My dad played there a few times last season, I have not. His comments were, it's short, in pretty good shape and you will get around fast. Sounds like $17 well spent!

Found a good deal for makray I'm pumped to get out there

Whats up guys checking in from the South Side of Chicago...

Morning TeeJay

Morning TeeJay

How ya doing this morning man? I'm about to play a couple of holes at my local course...I'm walking there now. It's kind of windy and chilly but that'll add to the fun.

How ya doing this morning man? I'm about to play a couple of holes at my local course...I'm walking there now. It's kind of windy and chilly but that'll add to the fun.

Hi teejay! Where do you like to play south? I never get down that way and should try to.

I have played Joe Louis a few times and Ravisloe, the Sanctuary in new Lenox...that's about all I've got.

On the third hole myself.... Where's the nice summer weather this morning?!

ve2ynyba.jpg

ve2ynyba.jpg

Where is that?

I still have that shaft riding around in my trunk for you! Sorry I haven't got it to you yet, things have been crazy here just had our third child (girl) last Sunday.

Hi teejay! Where do you like to play south? I never get down that way and should try to.

I have played Joe Louis a few times and Ravisloe, the Sanctuary in new Lenox...that's about all I've got.

Harborside International (PGA Course/Practice Facility) 36 Holes
Jackson Park 18 Holes (The yelp reviews give this course no justice its a hidden gem and about $18 for a round.)
South Shore Country Club 9 Holes

They are listed by my preference... Harborside and Jackson are the two best out South IMO.

I also want to play Sidney Marovitz and Robert A Black if you're familiar.

What's up TeeJay!
Where is that?

I still have that shaft riding around in my trunk for you! Sorry I haven't got it to you yet, things have been crazy here just had our third child (girl) last Sunday.

He's playing at Renwood in Round Lake. Sorry to interject :D

I have heard from guys interested in design that Jackson is a hidden jem, I will have to check it out at that price. The reviews I get on H.S. Are always mixed but I need to get out there too.

Back