Callaway X2 Hot Hybrid Preview

I hope you hit it insanely well.
Then during our match I shall turn to you and say "sorry, competitors cannot share clubs".

Rules are rules!

Nah, I'm just curious b/c I'm going to pull the trigger if it's 10+ more yards. I seem to remember it being that for me when I hit it down there.

The problem is, my 5i is only good for 165. I've now got a huge gap if I continue to hit the 4h that well.

It may be time to add the 5h into the bag.

I don't mind choking down on hybrids, but I know that's not always the case for everybody.

Bring that Jesse Ortiz hybrid if you have one and we might be able to work a trade.

I got it and will bring for sure. We can chat. I'll be trading if I pull the trigger either way.

I don't mind choking down on hybrids, but I know that's not always the case for everybody.

I don't mind either. Thing is, the 3h is now the same length as my 4w.

I may have to spend some time looking at a 3w, 5w, 4h, 5h setup. I don't have a need for an extra wedge if I just pull the 4w out.

Pondering these....does anyone have any experience in comparison to Mashies? I use mashies right now and love them...the "gliderail" is awesome....but I suspect the forgiveness and distance of these trumps it....?

Pondering these....does anyone have any experience in comparison to Mashies? I use mashies right now and love them...the "gliderail" is awesome....but I suspect the forgiveness and distance of these trumps it....?

I've been a mashie guy for years. These definitely trump the mashie for distance. The regular x2 hot hybrid i think has similar forgiveness to the mashie. The pro is less forgiving IMO. But the distance is spectacular with these. About a club longer than the mashies in my experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Really lusting over the 5h recently. It is in the MC bag and I can't wait! That 175-185 gap is a strange gap but seems to come up often.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Had a 213 yard par 3. Pulled out the 4 hybrid, swung easy and stuck it within 3 feet. This hybrid off of a tee is so easy to be accurate with. Seriously love it!

sent from The Note 3

OK, dilemma here...I am seriously pondering the X2 Hot 5-Deep and the X2 Hot ___ Hybrid and can't figure out which way to go (I have to hit the hybrids more to determine which one but thinking 3 or 4). When I read the hybrid forums, I settle on the hybos. When I read the deep forums, I settle on the deep. Anyone have any advice?

(And, no, unfortunately I cannot buy both...yet!)

OK, dilemma here...I am seriously pondering the X2 Hot 5-Deep and the X2 Hot ___ Hybrid and can't figure out which way to go (I have to hit the hybrids more to determine which one but thinking 3 or 4). When I read the hybrid forums, I settle on the hybos. When I read the deep forums, I settle on the deep. Anyone have any advice?

(And, no, unfortunately I cannot buy both...yet!)

I'm just gonna let you know now, the 5 deep is going to be way longer than the 3 or 4 hybrids. They hybrids are phenomenal clubs, but the 5 deep is a different species of distance. I think the distance you'd see between a 5 deep and hybrid would be a 2 hybrid.

I am in love with the 4h, we have a couple longer approach shots and 1 long par 3 at home, I can't wait to put it through it's paces, the few I hit on the range felt great and I saw some great distance, hopefully I finally have a high shot that'll land soft.

Icey it's a beast my friend.

Between my lessons giving better distance out of my 6i & the 22* 4h distance it's virtually put the 16* pro hybrid out of the bag. The distance is great and so easy to hit.

I think I need to get rid of the 4 and go with the 5. My gap from 3 to 4 isn't substantial at all Ryan.

I see like 210 from the 4 and 220 from the 3. Then my 5 iron is like my 185 club so I am running into some issues with that around 200 yard shot

This is my problem right now. The distance between my 5i and a well struck hybrid can be close to 30-35 yards. Thinking I will be going after the 22 or 23 hybrid to close the gap and my 5 Deep will play the roll of the 230-245 shot.

I added the 3H to the bag the other night. Have taken it out for 27 holes so far. There are some things I really like about it. The shape sets up nicely for me. Little different from my other hybrids, but all in all sets up just fine. I find it's super easy to hit. The ball just jumps up in the air which is something I am not seeing with the SLDRs in the same loft. The ball flight is really high. Playing in the crazy wind yesterday that was no good for me, I need to work on keeping it a little lower. Distance seemed to be all over the place yesterday(I'll credit the wind). There were times I hit it 170 and others I hit it 210.

Tour Blue shaft in it? If you want a little lower launch, the Tour Green would do the trick

Tour Blue shaft in it? If you want a little lower launch, the Tour Green would do the trick
I'm seeing that higher flight in the blue, which is good for me, I'm hoping to continue that trend with the blue in other clubs.

Has anyone tried these against the Tour Edge Exotics hybrids. I have the 3&4 TEE hybrids and I kill those things. My three hybrid goes 225+ so I don't know if the Callys will make a difference. I do love the looks of them though was wondering if performance matches the looks!

I added the 3H to the bag the other night. Have taken it out for 27 holes so far. There are some things I really like about it. The shape sets up nicely for me. Little different from my other hybrids, but all in all sets up just fine. I find it's super easy to hit. The ball just jumps up in the air which is something I am not seeing with the SLDRs in the same loft. The ball flight is really high. Playing in the crazy wind yesterday that was no good for me, I need to work on keeping it a little lower. Distance seemed to be all over the place yesterday(I'll credit the wind). There were times I hit it 170 and others I hit it 210.

I'm seeing low bullets with mine Dean. I'm a big fan but want a higher launching shaft.

I'm seeing low bullets with mine Dean. I'm a big fan but want a higher launching shaft.

I have the tour green, and there's definitely a lower flight with it.

It's great off the tee. For an approach, I may think about trying the tour blue. Hard to get stopping power with this one.

I have the tour green, and there's definitely a lower flight with it.

It's great off the tee. For an approach, I may think about trying the tour blue. Hard to get stopping power with this one.

Yeah off the tee on par 4s it's great. But I bound over a 235 par 3 today. But hit a laser on a par 5 just in front in two.

I want the option to play low, med or high

I'm dying to get this club back in my hands. I think I'm more excited about this club than any I've ever owned.

Bought the 16* Pro hybrid a few months ago and have barely played it since. The first few shots with it on the range were good, then it went downhill and I just couldnt hit it, so it stood there in the bag taunting me. Now however I have made up with it and we are friends again and wow do I like it. I have a big problem with hitting my driver and 3 wood (X hot and X2 hot) a bit too high, and its been extremely windy this year, but this one launches nice and low, very penetrating.

I am now using this off the tee almost exclusively. I had the X Hot driver, which I sliced with, so I started using my X2 hot off the tee because it went straight so it also went further. Then I started slicing that, so I went to this one, and it went further because, again, it went straight. However, now I am also slicing this, so I dunno what I am doing wrong but I seem to progressively mess it up haha. I guess I just start adding more power when I see the slice gone, which causes my timings to be incorrect and then the slice comes back, but as for the club itself, it is a bomb. I can really recommend it, easy to work the ball with (can hit beautiful draws and hooks around trees etc with it, not that I do it on every try, but if I can do it on every 4th try, it is a good club at least!). The sound is also great.

It is a bit different to the X hot hybrids though, which I also love, and I think that is why it took a while to get used to this one. The weighting is a bit different (feels heavier down by the head imo) and the shaft is also a bit more firm (have the tour green stiff in this, and the normal stock stiff shaft in my old ones, which is pretty soft) but dont give up if you go from X hot to X2 hot hybrids, it just takes a bit of getting used to!

For those who have played both, any significant differences other than shaft between the regular (and R shafted) XHots vs X2Hots? I have XHot 3H & 5H and they are the best clubs in my bag, so I am pondering a 4H now that they are discounted so deeply. But I wouldn't be adverse to moving to the X2, depending....I know the shafts in the XHots were generally dissed (I may be confusing the driver and 3W I think) but they work well for me.

I'm also playing an X2H driver with the blue shaft, so I sorta know what that feels like. I'm not a big hitter, 5H is 165-175, 3H is 190-200. But they really go, that's distances I can use and not achieve with irons. And I can shape the 5 both ways or straight, though its straightish/slight fade only for the 3.

For those who have played both, any significant differences other than shaft between the regular (and R shafted) XHots vs X2Hots? I have XHot 3H & 5H and they are the best clubs in my bag, so I am pondering a 4H now that they are discounted so deeply. But I wouldn't be adverse to moving to the X2, depending....I know the shafts in the XHots were generally dissed (I may be confusing the driver and 3W I think) but they work well for me.

I'm also playing an X2H driver with the blue shaft, so I sorta know what that feels like. I'm not a big hitter, 5H is 165-175, 3H is 190-200. But they really go, that's distances I can use and not achieve with irons. And I can shape the 5 both ways or straight, though its straightish/slight fade only for the 3.

I think the hybrids were the most different clubs from 2013 to 2014. Much more iron-like profile in 2014 (as opposed to the really low profile XHot), the X2 has a cup face, which should lower spin and make it a little more forgiving across the face. Lower spin could mean some more yards, but I don't think it's quite as easy to hit really high as the X Hot was.

Shafts are different, but most of the changes really center around the head imo.

I think my 4 hybrid will be seeing a lot of action this weekend in OC. After a near 2 week layoff, it's one of the few clubs that I just continue to hit consistently well. I just can't get over how well these are working for me.

Back