You know you love golf when .......

When you shoot a very solid score the previous day and instead of taking the next day off you sweat out 2 hours of practice because you misshit two shots and missed 3 putts inside 5 feet.

You brave the 110 degree heat to go to the practice range
You brave the 115 degree heat to get $15 greens fee at really nice course

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When you are considering putting a business you are starting on hold to work in the golf industry.

Maybe that's just stupid, hahaha.

When you are considering putting a business you are starting on hold to work in the golf industry.

Maybe that's just stupid, hahaha.

I think Smalls has already made up his mind.

I think Smalls has already made up his mind.

Maybe. Haven't had the talk yet. Had part of a talk, and that was about Social Media. That will be 15 to 20 hours a week. Then there is the real work, which would be 30 to 1 brazillion hours a week.

When your wife is always bugging you to get your clubs out of the trunk so she can ge the groceries in.

You can't sit and watch golf on tv, you are always cleaning, tuning up gear, practicing that new move, and practice putting while its on.

You have a stopwatch in hand and are practicing timing players on tv and adding strokes for slow play.

.....my wife was sitting on the edge of the hopsital bed getting a epidural for the delivery of our first born and me and the doctor find out that we both have a passion for the game. Well one thing leads to another and he's all but abandonded the procedure and we are comparing our schedules on our phones to get together sometime and play a round. Needless to say my wife not a happy camper

I dvr golf on tv thur/fri/sat/sunday every week and replay the rounds at night while in bed fast fowarding through the commercials. On Sunday I tell everyone I see not to talk about golf or who has won. I dont check my phone for any reason in fear I may see who won. This is especially the case when it is a major.

You hurry home from work at 11:00 AM to get a first look at the new club UPS just delivered.

You continuously swear it off because it doesn't love you back, but you keep coming back for more abuse.

You sprint through the airport from one terminal to another to get through security quicker and avoid missing your flight because your clubs are in that plane!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When you finish 36 holes and then head for the practice tee

...your golf bag has a permanent spot in your living room, just so you can swing your clubs when your watching TV (aka the Golf Channel).

... when even after 50+ years of playing golf, you still have a restless sleep the night before you are scheduled to play golf. For me that's a problem since recently I've been playing 4 times a week. LOL

...when someone is trying to give you directions and all you need to know is the name of the closest golf course.

....when you are willing to pay a premium price for a product or service because the vendor has a membership at an upscale club.

...when you purchase a private seat license and season tickets for your wife's favorite football team so you can play while she's at the game.

....when you have an ample supply of golf balls, golf gloves and tees because that's the only thing the wife knows to get you as a gift.

...when the wife is making vacation plans and knows to ask about the available golf courses,

When youre college baseball team that you're a part of is in Texas for the Super Regionals, where if you win 2 games you go to Omaha for the College World Series, and youre constantly thinking of the new irons that await your return

When you go to the range and it's 20* outside or you race a storm to the covered range so you don't get drenched getting inside.

You go to the range no mater the weather and enjoy rounds when the temp hit 100+

You know you love golf when you play so badly that you want to cry, and all you can think is that when can you play again.

You can't fall asleep because you're thinking about the boxes of balls in your closet and whether or not you'd be justified in buying a different dozen just to try them out, and if you DID do that, which balls you'd get.

When your late for a tee time. And you don't wait for the garage door to open. And you drive thru the bottom panel. Yep I've done this. :banghead:

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I can wake up before 6am, even before the alarm goes off, and out the door for a 7am tee time but rarely can get up and into work by 9.

When every vacation trip starts to be planned with the thinking of "what golf courses are there and are they any good".

When it pre occupies most of your thoughts.

Back