How long do you look for a lost ball

Usually not much more than 5 minutes, tops. If I didn't get a good read on where it went into a hazard, then I'm not going to give up my time to find the traitor of a ball anyway.

Five minutes. After that, I play the provisional.

Five MAX. If I don't see it after about 2, I start thinking she's gone and thinking about my provisional shot.

I usually have a pretty good idea where it ended up, and if it isn't in that general area I tend to move on pretty quickly. I do hate losing balls that are just in the rough though.

You can find all kinds of stuff in the desert, just gotta look. I found a sleeve (3 balls) from the same guy, all marked the same way, while looking for my golf balls in the right rough/desert. The found "sleeve" were better balls than the ones I was playing. Oh, and it was only 2-3 min search. It could have been "me" losing those balls.

I typically don't spend too much time searching, just a couple minutes max. I'm usually more concerned with slowing things down than finding the ball so don't like to search too long.

If I'm playing in league, 5 minutes. Other outings maybe a minute or two if there is no one behind me waiting.

Same here. League, skins or other "official" round then the 5 minute rule applies.

Not very long.

A couple minutes. If I had an eye on it into the hazard I'll give it a slightly longer look. However, it's just a golf ball. Drop and hit and move on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Usally 1 minute or less if its mine. I play pretty quick,no sence in holding my group up for long over a ball

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Two minutes tops!!! I figure the reason it's lost is probably because the ball is damaged, not because of some issue with my golf game!!! (written in sarcasm font)

I will look a little longer if I am having a good round. No sense in blowing a chance at a PB over a lost ball because you didn't look long enough!

If it's in the trees I barely look at all. If it is in open rough I will search a couple of minutes but if everyone has hit their next shot I drop right away.

I cant stand when an entire foursome is searching for one ball.

A couple of minutes in a casual round. Use full allotted time if needed in a competitive round.

If I hit into a hazard, where a search will be required, I hit a provisional before our group leaves the tee box and then give the search a couple of minutes max, before moving on. MY reason being that it takes much more time to search for a lost ball and then return to the tee box to hit again. In some instances a drop zone is provided and a provisional from the tee not called for. On days when playing my home course and there is no crowd, or no group behind me, I'll search a bit longer... picking up other found lost balls along the way.

2minutes is probably my max.. in a tournament ill take as much time as alotted, but im not one to hold up the course for a bad shot.

If I'm casually playing usually less than 2 minutes. If it is a big match or a tournament then I usually use all the time I'm allowed

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

No more than 2 minutes.

A minute or two tops. I used to play with a guy that would lose a fair amount of balls and take 5 minutes for all of them. Notice I said 'used to'. #whilewereyoung.

If there's no one behind me, maybe 5 minutes. If there's a group behind me, 2 minutes probably.

Really depends on where it disappears and the type of round. Some areas you're just hoping. Other's u have a legit shot at finding it. As long as it's reasonable I don't mind looking or others having to look.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I will usually look for somebody else's ball longer than I do my own. I hate holding people up.

I usually look for a couple of minutes, just depends on how busy the course is.

Depends on the situation.

This...if there is no group right behind I will spend a little more time, maybe even ball hawk a little.

Honestly, 30 seconds tops. I hate looking for balls. More often than not someone in my group will urge me to keep looking. If it's a competitive round, I may spend an entire minute looking.

Back