Bridgestone True Balance Putters - Forum Review

My distance control has exceeded my expectations since putting the TD-01 into play. The uphill puts have taken more practice with becoming confident with. Can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Same here, distance control is fantastic with these.

When you trust your stroke, this putter is so good! Insert feels fantastoc

I actually made some freaking bombs with this putter last weekend. Made a slight adjustment to my set-up and stance and things started clicking. Pace has been really good, which in my opinion gives those really long ones a chance to go in.

JM

Still loving mine and I'm down to my lowest index ever! I had a tough time today on really slow greens at Primm Valley out in Vegas but that's always a tough adjustment.

TD03 gets to meet Paiute Wolf tomorrow!

Looking forward to getting mine. Haven't rolled one since last July, will be interesting I'm sure.

Bridgestone True Balance Putters - Forum Review

Looking forward to getting mine. Haven't rolled one since last July, will be interesting I'm sure.

I bet it's awesome-ish.

I'm not sold on that foam grip, seems cheap. I understand the purpose, but it just doesn't seem like something that will last very long.

Last edited:

Just imagine where the TB will take that stellar putting?!? #skyisthelimit

I bet it's awesome-ish.

I'm not sold on that foam grip, seems cheap. I understand the purpose, but it just doesn't seem like something that will last very long.

I've used mine for about 15 rounds/practice in varying conditions. Holding up very nicely. Easy to clean and looks like new.

Just imagine where the TB will take that stellar putting?!? #skyisthelimit

We will see, didn't care for it at all in july but at least now I can put it through its paces.

I really wish they made these in LH. they are great looking putters and I really like the idea behind them.

The 03 has some glare issues as well. I've just learned to deal with it.

My putting has improved quite a bit since I've put this in play. I just had my GHIN drop from a 3..2 to a 1.5, and this putter most definitely had a hand in that. I switched the grip out from the oversize, which was just a bit too big for me, to the standard. I found the standard grip to actually be a bit too small so I covered it with a layer of tennis overgrip tape. This made it feel ever so slightly larger in my hands and gave it a bit of tackiness. The tape is also light enough to have a very minimal to negligible impact on the weighting.

This didn't effect the balance of the putter?

Glad to see some folks out there are still rolling these!

Just got mine in the mail yesterday.... I've got the TD-01 mallet. I hit about 30 putts on my birdie ball and was drilling them. The putter looks a bit strange with the black, almost plastic shaft and bright yellow foamy grip, but for some reason it seems to keep the ball straight online. I'm ready to get out on the real green and give it a go though. We'll see how it works! :)

My putter will be arriving today, but I won't be able to get out with it until tomorrow. I'm really hoping that it helps with my distance control issues like they say because that's been a struggle. Will be my first insert putter but some pretty smart guys say the insert is amazing so looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about.

My putter will be arriving today, but I won't be able to get out with it until tomorrow. I'm really hoping that it helps with my distance control issues like they say because that's been a struggle. Will be my first insert putter but some pretty smart guys say the insert is amazing so looking forward to seeing what the fuss is about.

Can't wait to see how the new weighting does for the distance control.

Can't wait to see how the new weighting does for the distance control.

So far I'm freaking loving it. When I tried the putter out in stores, I didn't like the grip, but I've since switched to a reverse overlap grip and it doesn't seem to bother me anymore. I think the grip won't be an issue long-term, and the stroke feels really good on my practice green. Extended session tomorrow on an actual green.

These putters are at the top of my list to mess around with in July. At first I thought they were a little gimicky but the more I read the more intrigued I become by them.

Its definitely a "real deal" putter and you can roll mine to your hearts content id you like.

JM

Glad to see others are enjoying these like they are.

I'm a big fan of the heads and insert, not so much the true balance. But putters are def personal.

I am chomp'n at the bit to get this in my hands

I am chomp'n at the bit to get this in my hands

You with one of these after a few days practice is a scary thought, knowing how you putt I really think you'd enjoy one of these.

I'll be on the putting green on Friday at MC
You with one of these after a few days practice is a scary thought, knowing how you putt I really think you'd enjoy one of these.

Glad to see others are enjoying these like they are.

I'm a big fan of the heads and insert, not so much the true balance. But putters are def personal.

It seems like our opinions have been aligned from the start on this. It's always fun to be nearly automatic in the stroke from inside 10-15 feet, but there was definitely cause for concern when I took the putter past that distance, and then tried to remain consistent afterwards.

I am really looking forward to seeing how the putter reacts as my course greens get more firm moving into summer. Pace could play a key role.

I'll be reshafting mine soon to steel to try the head as a standard setup I think. It's really tempting.

Back