Ball between a callaway hex black and a nike one vapor speed

acessence

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all ,

need some help on finding a ball simliar to either of the two, IvE been playin with both the hex and the speed, both great on distance , nike a litle harder to control on the greens , but great off the tee , if I coul afford to play the hex black all the time I would , looking for something somewhat in between the two ,both price , good off the tee, yet, wont run off the green every time

open to try anything, , going to buy a few dozen ttommorrow, so appreciate any feed back

U want more green control,,,try titleist nxt tour or bridgestone e6.

I had good luck with the taylormade Burner tour balls, they are a softer 2 piece distance ball that has decent green side spin. on partial swings it will stop within 2 or 3 feet of landing and on full swings will stop with little release. Off the tee they are like any typical distance ball, low driver spin but yet they don't feel or sound like rocks off the driver face. Most places sell them for about $20 and you might find them on ebay for cheap in mint condish. Also if you are willing to spend a little more, I've heard nothing but good things about the Srixon q star and I have had some of the longest drives with this ball.($26 a dozen most places)

For me, in the mid range ball catagory, it begins and ends with two golf balls. The Bridgestone e5 and the Srixon Q-Star. Nothing else even comes close to the performance for the price that those two offer (for my game)

Have you tried the Diablo Tour?? If you look around on websites some are selling the Tour i(s) and i(z) for knockdown prices

If you are looking for more control around hte greens, something with a Urethane cover is probably going to be the way you want to go. Like JR said the e5 is worth looking at, you can also look at marked down balls from last year like the Penta (non tp5 or tp3), and 2011 B330 line. Both of those balls can be had for $30 or less right now if you can find them.

Like Wake said, the Pentas from last year are selling for a good price. Also, you can check Golfsmith they have the Penta Practice balls for $17 a dozen. definately a good deal there. I tried the Penta TP3 and did not care for them as I found too much roll out on the greens.

Have you tried the Diablo Tour?? If you look around on websites some are selling the Tour i(s) and i(z) for knockdown prices
Just going to say that. I used that ball my last round and loved it.

Srixon Q-star all day long.

Srixon Q-star all day long.
Srixon makes great golf balls. Used the AD333 most of last summer. But right now, it has to be Callaway anything for me! haha

Diablo tour gets my vote as well.

Diablo Tour is a good ball, I have used it quite a bit lately and it's a nice ball

You guys should check eBay. I get brand new zstar's for under $30.00 all the time.

gpp golf has hex black down to $37 or u could get the chrome for $27, same price point as some suggested items.

I have been using the Diablo Tour ball for awhile now and you can get them for a good price on lostgolfballs.com, another ball you might want to look at is the TM XD-LDP. I bought a box of the "experienced" balls at wal-mart for 14 dollars for 12.

thanks for aall the feedback , gonna hit the store here shortly , might go with the diablo , as it seems to be the consensus

also contemplating the new high end nike on sale , buy two boxes get 3rd free so works out to 33 per dozen

I usually refrain from buying a box of balls until I can decide on one and buy a sleeve or 2 of the different balls. That way I don't end up with a box of balls I don't care for.

Like Wake said, the Pentas from last year are selling for a good price. Also, you can check Golfsmith they have the Penta Practice balls for $17 a dozen. definately a good deal there. I tried the Penta TP3 and did not care for them as I found too much roll out on the greens.

That's interesting. They are marketed to spin more on full wedge shots than Penta TP5. I found this to be true. The TP5 checks minimally harder on chips and pitches. Maybe a half foot difference.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I found the opposite to be true.

That's interesting. They are marketed to spin more on full wedge shots than Penta TP5. I found this to be true. The TP5 checks minimally harder on chips and pitches. Maybe a half foot difference.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Back