Cleveland 588 Fairway Wood Preview

I've found that I'm one of the few that prefers the smaller profile, but it lends itself to last years model being defined as a 'tour' head.

Larger seems to benefit the majority.

Nate was the same way. We had a lengthy discussion about it. Still, I'm glad they had an offering that you liked my dude.

I really like the looks of this one.

Ooooo I like. The shape looks like it is easy to hit

Everything about this thing screams YES! The more Cleveland brings out this years line, the more I'm impressed.

Looks like a mini driver... aka BOMMER!!!!

I'm really liking the look!!!! Man, these look nice!!!

Oooh, those look sharp. Digging the lines and the look at address in those pics. These look like they could be seriously nice.

Specs from Cleveland's website added to first post.

I wish they still offered the 3HL. But now they have made the 3w 15.5 and the 5 wood 18 whereas when they offered the HL I believe the gaps were 15 and 19. Still I want to hit the 3w

Yea, it was 13/15/17/19 I believe.

Yea, it was 13/15/17/19 I believe.

that's what I recall too. So now with the different lofts it's not really needed. It just gave me a setup that I enjoyed for a while.

The FWs look like a suped-up version of the FL line from a couple years ago, which is a really good thing.

Very clean look to this entire line. I like it.

The FWs look like a suped-up version of the FL line from a couple years ago, which is a really good thing.

Very clean look to this entire line. I like it.

Yea they do, but with a more standard weight profile that should appeal to a broader group, at least on the internet :)

from the top it reminds me of the launcher 09. I really liked that FW so this will certainly be a must hit for me.

I don't know if I hit the 09 or the 2010 Launcher 3W in FLorida, but I never hit a 3W better before, or since.

I can get with this. I wish the classic line agreed with me more

A great photo from Cleveland today!
IMG_9779.jpg

Ohhhh Baby!!!!! Love it Kyle, I missed this one earlier!! Wow!

Very stealthy looking, so much better than the Classic fairways!

Nothing from Cleveland has really excited me in the past few years but if they offer the "real" MATRIX shaft in these I will give them a shot. I really enjoy the classic black with no alignment aid! Looking forward to it Cleveland!!

I liked the Launcher FL but the Cleveland offerings afterward were having too tall of a face for me and it looks like this may be the case here too?

Nothing from Cleveland has really excited me in the past few years but if they offer the "real" MATRIX shaft in these I will give them a shot. I really enjoy the classic black with no alignment aid! Looking forward to it Cleveland!!

Cleveland usually offers the real deal shaft, just in a different color scheme.

The 3W will definitely be going in my MC bag...perhaps the 5W as well, depending on how well I hit the 588 hybrids...the latest pic just makes me drool once again. So pretty.

Cleveland usually offers the real deal shaft, just in a different color scheme.

The 3W will definitely be going in my MC bag...perhaps the 5W as well, depending on how well I hit the 588 hybrids...the latest pic just makes me drool once again. So pretty.

Three and five for me sir. Just not sure of 14 or 15.5.

Back