The THP Range/Practice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The THP Range/Practice Thread

Hawk, T4K and 441 here is a vid of before and after my drills and swing change.

golfinff
[/URL][/IMG]

golfinff
[/URL][/IMG]

You can see many other changes besides the club line on the take away, right leg bend, hip not sliding back and shorter back swing . Even in the second video the club is still coming inside too early for what I want.

Swing is looking good Jason!

My instruction emailed me a few videos of me, I couldn't open them, so I'll ask again next weekend.

Thanks CJ!

I'll PM you my email, forward them to me and I'll see what I can do with them and get them back to you.

I've been dealing with a hand injury for the last two months, so really just been working on putting. If it's sunny and above 45 degrees, I'll go to my local muni for an hour of so and use their practice green, focusing primarily on distance control. When I'm home, I'll roll it on the carpet really just focusing on the stroke itself.

In another week or two, I'll probably resume some short chipping practice at the local heated driving range.

If things go as planned, should be back to normal regimen in February

Today I went to the range for a while with the new hybrid, I'd be lying if I said I was in love with it. I worked the long irons today 2,3, and 4 as well as the hybrid and SLDR. I hit the hybrid really well but the height just freakin kills me,it's set on 3+ so I pulled the 3 iron and even though I hit it lower, I hit it better and more accurate today. Afterwards I went to the chipping/putting green and threw down some B330s and a couple 33RXS balls, I'm going out on a limb and assuming they will be the balls for the MC but don't know for sure. I loved both balls around the green, man they make a kickass ball!

i hit thos balls with the SLDR after short game practice and absolutely killed the RXS, I hit it higher than others I'm playing and man, today it launched off that driver. Lots of work to do, but an excellent session! I was Smokin it!

Hit another bucket and a half today, but I only hit 8 iron and down. I've grooved the forward press, and it looks sooo good compared to before, really excited. The quieting of my lower body is coming along well too, but I need to take the club back a little farther and I'll be golden.

Spent quite a bit of time on my putting stance and set-up. I made some small adjustments that made a huge impact. Need to get back to my daily routine and make sure I set up the same way every time.

Spent some time working on my swing in the bay tonight,it's becoming easier to make it into proper position and I don't feel so awkward/confined.

Spent some time on the Birdieball.

Love the Cleveland Classic HB10 milled I got today!

A mid mallet may be a keeper in the bag!

Went to GG to work on my swing before my full bag fitting Wednesday. I've really liked how my iron swing has been lately; low and slow take away, both arms extended then up, then wrist cock at the top with a full turn before bringing it all down. It hasn't been laid off and definitely not as flat.

As I was hitting, my teacher walked by and looked at the LM numbers and liked what he saw (I should probably learn what numbers are good as opposed to bad; all I look at now is offline distance). He wanted to see me hit a few, which I did, and he said things looked really good. Said it looked like Mahan's swing (come on now, but I'll take it anyways). At any rate, it was a good spot check and am glad things are moving in the right direction. Instead of proclaiming I'm fine and not taking another lesson until I fall apart again, I'm keeping the lesson train going with one next week.

I was able to hit a few new releases, including the Apexes, and really liked what I saw. The Apex was more forgiving than I expected looking at it from address. Also hit the 714 AP1 and don't think I hit one bad shot with it. My fitter is really going to have his work cut out for him, as I now have a few sets in my sights.

The Swing Panda gave me a couple small swing thoughts to work on with the takeaway. I'm just going to work on it for two weeks, both in the practice area and inside when I'm not doing anything else. Need to stick with it, but I figure about 1000 reps might get me started. Get that in a better spot and see where it takes me.

The Swing Panda gave me a couple small swing thoughts to work on with the takeaway. I'm just going to work on it for two weeks, both in the practice area and inside when I'm not doing anything else. Need to stick with it, but I figure about 1000 reps might get me started. Get that in a better spot and see where it takes me.

Care to share? Since our issues are basically identical

Care to share? Since our issues are basically identical

For sure. This was just based off a video I sent showing 1) my inside takeaway and 2) how I keep turning and go way past parallel.

OK, first thing I want you to work on is starting your swing with right shoulder turning away from the ball. Once the club reaches the right toe or just ourside the right toe, fold the right arm into a 90* angle. All while keeping the shoulders turning. Once the left shoulder reached the chin the back swing is done. If you have created that 90* angle with the right arm and the club or the little box, you should be short of parallel and in a good position to wheel through the ball.

For sure. This was just based off a video I sent showing 1) my inside takeaway and 2) how I keep turning and go way past parallel.

oh boy that sounds confusing, but Im a visual person anyhow. I invision if I start turning away from the ball with my right shoulder Im going to end up even more inside.

When you master this, throw up a vid buddy

oh boy that sounds confusing, but Im a visual person anyhow. I invision if I start turning away from the ball with my right shoulder Im going to end up even more inside.

When you master this, throw up a vid buddy

Yea, I asked him to explain it to me with how I learn the best, which is basically by capturing a feeling. I will do for sure.

That's great stuff from the Swing Panda.

Deano I threw up a video on your thread of the parallel drill that is a basic version of this.

That's great stuff from the Swing Panda.

Deano I threw up a video on your thread of the parallel drill that is a basic version of this.

Yeah I saw that it moves so quickly lol...is this the same stuff as the field goal post drill?

The too far inside/outside swing path conversation in here right now has been a major issue with me in the past. At first my swing path was too far outside which caused me to swing left and the result of that was a fade in short irons and a bad slice in woods. When I went to correct that it turned into a path to far inside which was resulting in snap hooks. This little drill helped me a lot with swing path and tempo. Try and keep your club head grounded until it hits the second ball (second ball should be about 10-12 inches behind the first). For tempo, try and hit the second ball back the same distance every time. Hopefully this works for some of you guys that are going too far inside.

SAM_0138.jpg

The too far inside/outside swing path conversation in here right now has been a major issue with me in the past. At first my swing path was too far outside which caused me to swing left and the result of that was a fade in short irons and a bad slice in woods. When I went to correct that it turned into a path to far inside which was resulting in snap hooks. This little drill helped me a lot with swing path and tempo. Try and keep your club head grounded until it hits the second ball (second ball should be about 10-12 inches behind the first). For tempo, try and hit the second ball back the same distance every time. Hopefully this works for some of you guys that are going too far inside.

SAM_0138.jpg

Great drill. My teacher has me going straight back 2 feet, which has really helped. I like the tempo aspect of this one and its something you can practice inside, which is a bonus for all of us that are wintered up.

Yeah I saw that it moves so quickly lol...is this the same stuff as the field goal post drill?

No it's different, I didn't realize it was that fast playing. I'll try to get stills out of that video from my computer and post them.

No it's different, I didn't realize it was that fast playing. I'll try to get stills out of that video from my computer and post them.

yeah dude Im like real bad when it comes to that stuff lol

Smith I like that drill and its what I'm doing with out the ball behind.

I lay an alignment rod just outside the toe of the club and keep the toe the same distance from the alignment rod till I hinge. Visually it appears as the club is crossing the rod as it goes back.

Parallel drill

Please ignore the rest of my crappy swing just look at hands, arms, and club

from set up to this

ScreenShot2014-01-06at44407PM.png
[/URL][/IMG]

to the top
ScreenShot2014-01-06at44407PM.png
[/URL][/IMG]

At the top
ScreenShot2014-01-06at44429PM.png
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Worked in the garage and the living room for about 30 minutes. Takeaway feels very, very uncomfortable lol. I think that's probably a good thing. Comfortable hasn't been working.

Realized I can safely take a full swing in my basement with a 9 iron and above. I hung a sheet from the ceiling and just hit into it. I'm working on consistent contact and initial ball flight, and so far it's been nice to be able to swing a golf club more than just a chip shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back