Hilton Head - 2014 THP Invitational #1 Sponsored By Bridgestone Golf

Hmmmmm.... Looks like a web-ex was suddenly put on my work calendar for Friday, 1/10/14, at 1:00 pm!

I think I am going to be able to make this really really want to play hilton head.

This is going to be so exciting for those of you that attend. JB and I talked about HH at the AC outing last year, its such a great place. Quiet, relaxing and a lot of good golf. Unfortunately I don't think I could attend or if I will get to play much golf this year period. So I am insanely jealous of those that will end up going. I know a lot of people go for the weekend but if people can swing it I would look into renting a place, especially in March places are still fairly cheap. You might be able to find a place for 600 for a week. Even if you stayed for 2 or 3 nights and split it between a few guys it would be cheap. I stayed for a week in August and it was around 800 for 6 nights in a fully furnished condo. I also stayed in Palmetto Dunes and I got discounts at the courses for staying on the property. $109 seems like a good deal for the hotel, if you want to stay more towards the course, there is a hotel across the street from Palmetto Dunes, might be a Days Inn. It was okay, they were renovating when I was there two years ago. I also suggest, if you are going there, especially if you haven't been or might not go back anytime soon, play Harbour Town. The twilight rate is more reasonable, although right now its not showing they have one in March so it is pricey, I would also take a caddy. Time it right and the walk down 18 at sunset will be something you never forget.

This is my single favorite golfing moment in the last five years I've played. I ended up shooting an 83 that day, taking two triples.

Looking forward to signup day and seeing what people are headed with us to the 1st Invitational of the 2014 season.

Man that is so sweet. Looks like an awesome course. What an awesome way to start the year's Invitationals! Very cool.

What a beautiful course! I wish I could swing this I'm sure it will be a great time.

Not too far for most of the FL THPers that have asked for an Invitational.
This course is outstanding.

My plan is to sign up Friday and figure out how I'm gonna make it happen later. Kind of a shoot first and ask questions later approach.

My plan is to sign up Friday and figure out how I'm gonna make it happen later. Kind of a shoot first and ask questions later approach.

I like it dude. I'm taking the same approach.

Me too. Its 2 weeks after the wedding you are good!

I want to make this one, as Palmetto Dunes looks incredible. Have to check the dates and then check on travel.

I want to make this one, as Palmetto Dunes looks incredible. Have to check the dates and then check on travel.

Its only 6 hours at the most from our area.

Travel, check. Permission, check. Getting in, fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not gonna lie, the unreleased equipment nugget has me intrigued.

Not gonna lie, the unreleased equipment nugget has me intrigued.

Golly, this thread is hot. I know it should be, because Palmetto Dunes is a great venue. But, dang am I'm worried now about getting in. It's going to be another instant sell out.

My wife informed me, if I get in, this is my birthday present!

I'll take it!

Golly, this thread is hot. I know it should be, because Palmetto Dunes is a great venue. But, dang am I'm worried now about getting in. It's going to be another instant sell out.

I'm gonna be playing in a charity tournament on Friday, so I'm hoping I am available at 1 to sign up. If not and this one gets filled up quickly, I'm hoping the field will get expanded.

Usually the tournaments are so slow, finding 2 minutes to send in an email will be no problem.

Its about five hours to HHI from Tallahassee taking I10 to I95...

Back