Ernie Els switches to Adams.

Can't argue with the signing of a major championship. I'm a big fan of the big easy, I think he's a great golfer and advocate for Autism awareness. Props to Adams golf for a great signing!

Just curious...why is Adams known as the old mans clubs? Cause Tom Watson does spots for them? Wasn't Ryan Moore sporting their clubs not long ago?
Probably because they were one of the first brands known for their hybrids & hybrids were considered old guy cheaters at first. Funny how things change.

hmm. not too sure I like this... wasn't he with callaway?

It is weird how they were/are considered an old persons brand. The CMB, MB, A12 PRO and a few of their recent woods have been gorgeous and very cool looking. I actually owned a set of the CMB irons but had quality issues and also hit them crazy high so returned them to tgw under their 30day trial scheme.
Adams need younger guys on tour playing their clubs, Aaron Baddely just doesn't cut the mustard IMO.
I look forward to seeing how Ernie gets on with the clubs.

Guess Ernie, finally saw he's coming of age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is great for Adams. A legitimate tour star who recently won a major. He will represent them with class and dignity.

Sent using Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

I think the "old man company" stigma comes from Adams being on the forefront of the hybrid market. When hybrid clubs were "only for geezers" Adams was leading the charge.

This is awesome for both Ernie and Adams. Hope they have loads of success in 2014.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ernie can't be "old". We're the same age and I'm not old.
:)

Its seems odd that Callaway would even let him go like that, I mean he did win the Open in 2012.

Its seems odd that Callaway would even let him go like that, I mean he did win the Open in 2012.

Im guessing that they have a certain budget to stay under. And trading Stenson and Matteo for Els was a choice they had to make. I think most would have made a similar decision at this point in the careers, but Ernie is a good guy so hard to lose someone like that.

I think the "old man company" stigma comes from Adams being on the forefront of the hybrid market. When hybrid clubs were "only for geezers" Adams was leading the charge.

This is how I recall it, and why that stigma stuck with me for so long. I do realize that they've done a lot more in recent years and make some fine equipment, but casual golfers might not realize it.

Adams gets so much grief for their "old" staff but they have some promising young guys and their LPGA staff is nothing short of amazing.

I don't think anyone seen it coming. Honestly wonder what really made him leave callaway. Adams has made a great pickup in a great player

I don't think anyone seen it coming. Honestly wonder what really made him leave callaway. Adams has made a great pickup in a great player

It might have been Callaway didnt offer him another contract... They just signed a TON of young guys

I think people assume its always the players choice.

Probably a mix, player's personal valuation differing from the OEM's valuation.

I'm aware of their staff (except for the fact I didn't realize they lost Moore). I think Baddeley is promising. I should have said promising young players maybe. I just think it is a little unfair that with so many players using their hybrids they get branded as the "old guy" company.

I'm aware of their staff (except for the fact I didn't realize they lost Moore). I think Baddeley is promising. I should have said promising young players maybe. I just think it is a little unfair that with so many players using their hybrids they get branded as the "old guy" company.

I agree to an extent. FWIW, Baddeley is in his 30s.
I think anytime you have a brand sponsor more Champions Tour players than PGA Tour players by a pretty big margin, you get that moniker. Then add that most of their sponsorship is done with a single club or club series (hybrids) and its understandable where they get their identity.

Baddeley is far from promising. Sure, once upon a time he was a contender but he's not much more than a waste of space nowadays. Kinda like another of their staffers, Jeff Overton.

Baddeley is far from promising. Sure, once upon a time he was a contender but he's not much more than a waste of space nowadays. Kinda like another of their staffers, Jeff Overton.

I disagree about the waste of space comment but it is what it is.

I agree to an extent. FWIW, Baddeley is in his 30s.
I think anytime you have a brand sponsor more Champions Tour players than PGA Tour players by a pretty big margin, you get that moniker. Then add that most of their sponsorship is done with a single club or club series (hybrids) and its understandable where they get their identity.

You are right about the sponsorship part. When you brought up the single club or series argument I kind of realized that. Maybe I should have just stuck to the LPGA haha.

HAHA. Their LPGA staff is top notch. Since being the step child to TaylorMade, I am watching their "spark" to see where it heads and this is a nice change. Although I would love to see them add some younger talent. It was their for the taking this year and they spent on an "experienced" golfer. We will see what the coming years hold.

HAHA. Their LPGA staff is top notch. Since being the step child to TaylorMade, I am watching their "spark" to see where it heads and this is a nice change. Although I would love to see them add some younger talent. It was their for the taking this year and they spent on an "experienced" golfer. We will see what the coming years hold.

Do you think we will see more TM guys switch to an Adams hybrid down the road? I know they are pretty big on the 1 or 2 club sponsorship

Back