Cleveland Custom 588 Driver Preview Thread

Ha ha ha not sure if James Bond would bag this driver, but James Vaughn (me) sure would....lol

From the mini-computer!

Ahhhh, thanks for the bump. I can't stop looking at it! Can't wait to see what Hawk says about this thing. The pros and cons. Very much looking forward to his thoughts!

Ahhhh, thanks for the bump. I can't stop looking at it! Can't wait to see what Hawk says about this thing. The pros and cons. Very much looking forward to his thoughts!

Totally agree. I can't wait to hear what he thinks once he gets it in his hands

Just seen the release on twitter by Cleveland. Can't wait to try her #THPMC...

Gorgeous, that is all

Really struggled off the tee in 2013 after it being my biggest strength in 2011/2012. I blame my driver change. And all biases aside...this driver is music to my ears so far.

Looks like the headcovers could be black and brown? Similar to what the crown looks like on Twitter.
According to twitter photos, most likely:

The pictures on twitter look even better! Alex says best driver he's hit. I hope this delivers big time for us and Cleveland this year!

A couple things stand out to me from their sell sheet, but this one is probably my favorite.

Our most complete driver is the longest we’ve ever made and can be easily customized to fit every performance demand off the tee. Precision Adjustability helps create a high, penetrating flight for game-improvement to advanced players.

Tells me this isn't super low spin and that's a big relief for me. Also tells me it's built to be forgiving. Add in the fact that it can be tuned and I'm a happy camper.

A couple things stand out to me from their sell sheet, but this one is probably my favorite.

Tells me this isn't super low spin and that's a big relief for me. Also tells me it's built to be forgiving. Add in the fact that it can be tuned and I'm a happy camper.

Yeah when the info first came out i thought oh no its a j40 I'm doomed...but now I see the light. Still want to try it against the altitude but this is my early fav

Yeah when the info first came out i thought oh no its a j40 I'm doomed...but now I see the light. Still want to try it against the altitude but this is my early fav

Silly to do it this way, but based on shaft alone this would be the first one I'd gravitate towards. Just a profile and weight I've been using for awhile now.

Silly to do it this way, but based on shaft alone this would be the first one I'd gravitate towards. Just a profile and weight I've been using for awhile now.

How would you compare the total weight (with stock shaft) to other drivers out there Hawk? Close to??

How would you compare the total weight (with stock shaft) to other drivers out there Hawk? Close to??

Well, I don't have it in hand, but from what I'm reading - pretty much today's standard. Mid 60's shaft and a normal swing weight. On that note, I will have this on Thursday and we'll see what it's all about.

Well, I don't have it in hand, but from what I'm reading - pretty much today's standard. Mid 60's shaft and a normal swing weight. On that note, I will have this on Thursday and we'll see what it's all about.

I'd bet dollars for donuts that you will say this is the best driver they have ever put out.

I'd bet dollars for donuts that you will say this is the best driver they have ever put out.

After playing the OG Classic for a bit, this is an interesting statement to me.

That'll turns head in a hurry.

I'm intrigued.

Im not sure you ever tried my Z-Star driver, but if you did this comparison will make more sense. Take the Z-Star driver and add throw in some SuperTri looks and sound. I told the guy I was hitting it with that its like they took the X-Hot, Z-Star and SuperTri and took the best qualities of those 3 drivers and made this one.

Im not sure you ever tried my Z-Star driver, but if you did this comparison will make more sense. Take the Z-Star driver and add throw in some SuperTri looks and sound. I told the guy I was hitting it with that its like they took the X-Hot, Z-Star and SuperTri and took the best qualities of those 3 drivers and made this one.

Now that sounds awesome!

I think I heard my Classic just whimper.

You compared to two of my favorite drivers ever.

Oh, my. That's saying something.

That's mind bottling, three of my favorite drivers ever right there.

Wow....that is exciting!!

All this dropping today in regards to the Cleveland 588 line just makes what happened to me yesterday seem even more like a dream.

Now u have my attention. ..having gamed and enjoyed both previous classic models I'm now beyond excited for this one.

Back