My Experience at The 93rd PGA Championship at Atlanta Athletic Club

Very cool stuff Josh...if I tell you who my picks are you think you can give em a kick in the butt to get em going for me :rofl:

Very cool stuff Josh...if I tell you who my picks are you think you can give em a kick in the butt to get em going for me :rofl:

Haha, it doesn't work. I tried coaching DJ while I followed him, and he didn't listen. Explains why he missed the cut. Heck my whole team missed cut except Adam Scott.

Tappin' away from my DROIDX.

Great stuff!. Glad you and eagle got this opportunity. Thanks for sharing your daily summary and posting some pics.

Congrats man. Enjoy I'm very jealous. Lucky for you!

So this got me thinking about next years PGA. I'm curious it says you have to be 22 by like next august yet your under age for this years. I'm curious as to how you managed to get signed on. On their website it says nothing about the junior thing.

Just got back. Today was EPIC.

I saw Zack Johnson and Francesco Molinari tee off to start my day. Then I saw McIlroy tee off which was cool. Then I saw Rickie!! :banana::banana:

I followed him from 1-8 and then 14-18 and it was a pretty up and down day. I saw the 3 birdies in 5 holes and that was awesome. Then I saw the triple on 8 which made me want to cry. I missed the Eagle b/c I was eating lunch sigh. But I saw him Bogey 14,15,17 and Triple 18 :banghead:. Def. not his best but the course was extremely tough. Some of the pin locations made it look like maybe 1 yard betwen bunker flag and another bunker. Plus the greens were about as fast as any green I've seen. Some unbelievable shots by Rickie though. I saw Rory and Rickie hit the rock back to back on 17 which was funny. Rickie shrugged his shoulder and said 'That'll do'.
Larrazabal was, lets just say he was interesting. +6 through 4 was horrendous stuff to watch. On the 6th tee, he hit a drive way left near me. I didnt know this but afterward he through his driver on the ground and Rickie was gentlemen enough to pick it up ad give it to his caddie which was awesome. Larrazabal's ball got accidently stepped on by Ben Crane and made the ball sink farther into the already deep grass he then yelled at the specatators by nicely saying 'Get the f*** out of the way'. That was.....odd.

Other points of interest. Ricky Barnes and Jason Dufner are really really big. :bulgy-eyes: Im taller then Rory and Rickie but they have more meat on their bones so I know what Im doing more often :blob:

Oh and I got my hat signed by Fowler :banana::banana: That was the highlight of the day. I also talked to his GF and mom. They both are really really nice. And his GF is hot :D

I wasnt able to take pics (thanks to AAC and the PGA, bastards) but I got a pic of me arriving and the signed hat. I also yelled really loud at alot of Fowler shots so Im going to see now on TV if I can hear myself. So overall a pretty epic day. Except for leaving when Dufner was making the turn :banghead: but otherwise awesome.

In terms of my squad. +4,+7,+8 so basically Im out.

Wow, everyone in here that volunteered sounds like you had an amazing time out there. Thanks for sharing all of this with us

Well I didnt volunteer. I got in free thanks to a friend haha

Oh yes also, after re-watching everything on TV. I heard myself on 17 when Fowlers shot hit the rocks. I said, "It has to go a little". I know it was me because I remember saying it to my friend and Fowlers caddie gave me the stink eye when I said it b/c I guess it was loud. And oh yeah, I laughed really loud when the guy went "Oh de la e la e" on the 7th.

Oh yes also, after re-watching everything on TV. I heard myself on 17 when Fowlers shot hit the rocks. I said, "It has to go a little". I know it was me because I remember saying it to my friend and Fowlers caddie gave me the stink eye when I said it b/c I guess it was loud. And oh yeah, I laughed really loud when the guy went "Oh de la e la e" on the 7th.

Heard ya.. :D

LOL yep that was def. me. We heard the yelling of McIlroys shot on the 16th green and we were like WTF?!?!?! and then while we were waiting for them to putt out people were telling us what happened to Rory and Rickies caddie was pretty amused by it.

Also, if anyone wants to see my swing (or well my swing that I got 1 try so I literally jumped in their and took a swing so its very sloppy and not a good swing). I got it done at the RBC center so here it is:

http://db2.golftec.com/eventserver/ceplayer2/?url=0422/player&altid=GKWH47

Plus my finish is very high b/c I recently got a revamped swing so one thing I do is try to get on my right leg. I dont normally finish like that. My coach wants me to swing like a more powerful Steve Stricker so thats my goal for the next oh say month.

So this got me thinking about next years PGA. I'm curious it says you have to be 22 by like next august yet your under age for this years. I'm curious as to how you managed to get signed on. On their website it says nothing about the junior thing.

I just called them to beg since I was only 21, and they told me about it. I just got really lucky to be honest. The junior jobs are much cooler than the adult jobs.

Tappin' away from my DROIDX.

So the week is finally over. I can't seem to get the pictures off of my phone, but once I do I'll post them here.

Thursday was a blast. It all started when I was standing on the tee waiting on my group to arrive. Paul Goydos was sitting off to the side as an alternate, and he was sitting with his caddy playing "Words with Friends". He was a very nice guy, and talked with me about all kinds of stuff golf related for about 10 minutes until my group showed up. Then I went throughout my round with my players. Watson and his caddy were awesome, and were very nice to us. Watson's caddy answered a lot of questions I had about Bubba's equipment. Turns out that the pink shaft he uses is made by Graffaloy and is graphite, and then turns to steel for about the last 4 inches, giving it a very stiff tip. Overton and his caddy were nice, but they didn't really have a lot to say. Poulter and his caddy never spoke to us, because they were to busy yelling at all of the phone users.

Friday, I missed out on my group because I was feeling awful. Apparently Daly got hurt out there, but I have no idea how. Saturday was my day off, but I was still there watching the tournament.

Sunday was really cool. I got my tee time changed at the last minute, so my group was changed to Charles Howell III and Harrison Frazar. Howell is probably in my top 5 favorite golfers now because of how awesome he was to us. I talked with the other players and caddies before or after the round, but he talked to us during the round. We talked about his new MP-59 irons, Oklahoma State athletics, and college football. He was just a great guy to be around, and he hits his irons as good as anyone does. I got an autographed ball from every player I was with except Poulter, and my PGA Championship flag is full of great autographs.

I hope you all enjoyed following along in my experiences, and I'm sure you enjoyed that exciting finish to the tournament. Thanks to everyone who followed along! I hope to get you all some pictures soon!

Back