Nike VR_S Irons - THP Preview

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nike Golf is introducing the new VR_S irons and I've had them in the bag for a while working on a review for you. These will replace the Machspeed irons as Nike's game improvement/distance offering for 2012. Please ask any questions you may have. Here is a quick video as well as some pictures.

[video=youtube;JXav2i_-2_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXav2i_-2_w[/video]

DSCF2430.jpg

DSCF2432.jpg

DSCF2424.jpg

DSCF2426.jpg

Loved me some Machspeeds! Can't wait to hear your thoughts Hawk. I can't watch the vid right now but I'll tune in later.

Thanks for the video Ryan! That really helped me to see just how that head is designed.

Looking forward to the full review. What shafts do you have in these?

These are some beautiful irons, the photo really don't do them justice. I can not wait to hit these just based on the look.

like the look of these way more than the machspeed

• Staff
Thanks for the video Ryan! That really helped me to see just how that head is designed.

Looking forward to the full review. What shafts do you have in these?

TT Dynalite 90

Nice looking sticks. Hopefully they don't whistle like the machspeeds were know to do.

Thanks for the video Hawk. Very busy and not my style but it looks like these things will be easy to hit and get the ball up in the air quick.

Did you hit the Machspeeds much Hawk? Just wondering how these compare.

Nice looking sticks. Hopefully they don't whistle like the machspeeds were know to do.

I've been working with them for a few weeks now and haven't noticed that.

Did you hit the Machspeeds much Hawk? Just wondering how these compare.

I hit them at the 2010 outing when you and I had that awkward - no, you can take them on the course - moment. I liked them from what I remember. I think these are a similar package - same shaft and powerbow. Definitely an improvement on looks in my opinion.

Nice pictures and video Hawk. I hope these are working for you. They sure do look nice.

I reckon these look much better than the Machspeeds. I bet these babies do their job well. Long and high, I'm certain of it.

Good stuff so far Hawk! Really like the looks of these Nikes, hope they do you well! Looking forward to more details!

Hawk, how do these compare to the Redlines in terms of length and forgiveness?
And, is this the same shaft in the Redlines?

Hawk, how do these compare to the Redlines in terms of length and forgiveness?
And, is this the same shaft in the Redlines?

Pretty similar, actually. These have a wider sole, or at least the Powerbow makes it seem that way. Topline is about the same. I didn't put the two head-to-head at the same time, but I do have numbers from both at different times. A 10 shot average shows they are basically the same in terms of distance.

Not the same shaft - at least when it comes to the name. The Redline has an Adams branded shaft from True Temper.

They look pretty good to me, nice vid Ryan I am looking forward to your review.

Pretty similar, actually. These have a wider sole, or at least the Powerbow makes it seem that way. Topline is about the same. I didn't put the two head-to-head at the same time, but I do have numbers from both at different times. A 10 shot average shows they are basically the same in terms of distance.

Not the same shaft - at least when it comes to the name. The Redline has an Adams branded shaft from True Temper.

Thanks, Hawk.

I've been working with them for a few weeks now and haven't noticed that.

I hit them at the 2010 outing when you and I had that awkward - no, you can take them on the course - moment. I liked them from what I remember. I think these are a similar package - same shaft and powerbow. Definitely an improvement on looks in my opinion.

I remember that well buddy. I'm excited about the VRs line. I agree with TC's reckon in regards to looks. Definitely a more eye pleasing color scheme in my opinion.

They sure do look better then the Machspeeds did and I bet they are bombers too. Nike bringing it this year.

From what I've seen so far, these can be very long when you connect. They have a nice thwacky sound at impact and the lighter shaft definitely feels like you can generate some club speed. It seems that these are pretty upright out of the box as I'm hitting them on the heel more than normal. Regardless, the heel shots still go, but I'd love to see what they did after a good fitting.

I like how Nike has kept some aspects of the Machspeeds in this offering....looking forward to your review Hawk

I see these and think of a tank just ready to bowl over stuff. They gotta be packed full of power and forgiveness, I can't wait to hear your thoughts Hawk, great video and pics by the way.

Great video. Nike has stepped it up big time in the design department - they make some sweet looking equipment these days.

Steel Tappin'

The large power bow wasn't obvious on Nike's website, but your video really brings home its existence.

Those look great really, I always hated the machspeeds though. They made a whistly sound when you would swing them. Thats was just something for me to focus on other than my swing.

Back