The Official Tennis Thread (Spoliers)

Murray finally closes it out.

My god!!!! That was torture!!! At last!!! A British win at Wimbledon!!!! Awesome

What a crazy last game! The crowd was funny with their anticipation on every point.

The old dude that's president of the All England Club was just being really creepy with a young ball girl. Gotta love it.

The old dude that's president of the All England Club was just being really creepy with a young ball girl. Gotta love it.

Do you mean the Duke of Gloucester?

What a letdown. After all that I expected Djoker to win that game and then make a match out of it. Lame.

What a letdown. After all that I expected Djoker to win that game and then make a match out of it. Lame.

Boo. You're just upset Andy outplayed Novak and showed he was the better player today.

Boo. You're just upset Andy outplayed Novak and showed he was the better player today.

I'm just upset it was a 3 set match. I couldn't care less who wins, but I want to see a good match damnit!

Extremely happy for Murray and the Brits. Been rooting for this for years

The Official Tennis Thread (Spoliers)

Duke of Kent I think.

Ha ha, of course it is. Fail on my part LOL. I don't live there anymore, that's my excuse.

I'm just upset it was a 3 set match. I couldn't care less who wins, but I want to see a good match damnit!

But it was a good match. Just because it's 3 sets doesn't mean it's a bad match. It was very competitive and very well played by both sides.

That was a great match, even at 3 sets.

Ha ha, I course it is. Fail on my part LOL. I don't live there anymore, that's my excuse.

Haha. It's okay. I only lived there for 3 months. The only reason I know is because I'm obsessed with Wimbledon. But still, Duke of Kent needs to calm down with the Ball Girls.

But it was a good match. Just because it's 3 sets doesn't mean it's a bad match. It was very competitive and very well played by both sides.

That was a great match, even at 3 sets.

I didn't think it was that great. Not that exciting. It's like watching a guy win the Masters by 5 strokes. I'd rather see a playoff. Or in this case a 5th set.

Haha. It's okay. I only lived there for 3 months. The only reason I know is because I'm obsessed with Wimbledon. But still, Duke of Kent needs to calm down with the Ball Girls.

He only gets out a couple of days a year, let him have his fun LOL

I didn't think it was that great. Not that exciting. It's like watching a guy win the Masters by 5 strokes. I'd rather see a playoff. Or in this case a 5th set.

Hmmm. Okay then. Agree to disagree. I thought it was a great Wimbledon final.

Not normally a tennis person, but it has been on in the background and that was a cracking atmosphere there and a long awaited result for British tennis. I just hope he can now go on to add to the title count

I feel like Murray was flat out relieved more than anything else. I can't imagine the pressure he faces every year there.

The weight of expectation on any British player at Wimbledon is huge!!! I mean really huge! It's why Henman never won. I personally think he was a good enough grass court player to win, he just didn't have the mental strength. I think that is a huge monkey of Murray's back, there's plenty more grand slams coming his way I think now.

The weight of expectation on any British player at Wimbledon is huge!!! I mean really huge! It's why Henman never won. I personally think he was a good enough grass court player to win, he just didn't have the mental strength. I think that is a huge monkey of Murray's back, there's plenty more grand slams coming his way I think now.

Agreed. Murray had a ton of pressure on him. Kind of like Phil prior to winning the Masters. Murray will explode from here

Ummmmm, yea, this guy is unreal. US Open should be a good one this year. #Nadal #FreakOnTheCourt #1in1000

original.gif

This US Open has had some wonderful storylines. Young Sloane Stevens is playing incredibly well and she's set to face her idol in Serena Williams in the round of 16. Djokovic, Nadal and Federer have been cruising while Murray is at the moment struggling a bit in his 2nd round matchup. John Isner, the big-serving American, was somewhat upstaged (in the eyes of the crowd) by the Frenchman Gael Monfils last night even when Isner came out victorious in 4 sets.

I know this is week one of the NFL, but people need to get to watching this Serena Williams / Victoria Azarenka final. Just do it.

Back