What's been your most extravagant purchase?

JoeyJoeJo

Reaction score
I've been looking at waterproofs and there's a couple that would definitely be extravagant so got me thinking....

What's the most extravagant thing you've bought? Not most expensive, most extravagant.

Could be the sleeve of ProV1 where you usually play balls you found in the woods, the shoes in limited edition colours that were 50% uplift or the pack of stainless steel tees, whatever you bought that pushed what you would usually spend on such an item.

Mine would be my trolley, I wanted a v cheap trolley for occasional use in inclement weather but couldn't help myself and ended up buying one for about three times the price, spending way more than was absolutely necessary!

Probably my R11 driver , although I got fitted for it would probably have benefitted more from spending the money on lessons ....as for other things like balls I have a friend who buys them in the US for me and brings them back , so I save quite a bit on my TM lethal or Srixon Q star ...

A set of brand new wedges I got this year.

My most extravagant golf purchase had to be my going to the THP Outing this year. Worth. Every. Penny.

Playing at Chambers Bay on August 17th. $140 is about twice as much as I've ever spent on a round before. Definitely worth it though - makes me want to play links golf again really badly, had a great experience with a Japanese visitor there, and got to check out the 2015 US Open challenge firsthand.

My 910H. Planned on picking up an Adams or Ping hybrid and just loved everything about the Titleist.

I guess I could also add my round at Pasatiempo. It was $150 but absolutely worth it and I can't wait to pay that much again!

Has to be my combination of the Covert driver and my Clicgear. Bought them both together. I was very contempt with my old RBZ and was always a cart user, but wanted a bit more luxury on the greens.

For me it was probably the rounds I played at Chambers Bay and Harbour Town. Both were a couple hundred, then a caddie on top of that, then some stuff at the pro shop.

Probably last years golf trip to AZ. Played TPC, Dinosaur Mountain, We-ko-pa and Eagle Mountain. All 4 courses were great, and to be honest, I had TPC Scottsdale tied for 3rd. Dinosaur Mountain and We-ko-pa were neck & neck!

uby5ynyq.jpg

C'mon. The original was a bit more $$$$!

Haha

Thread over, can't top that one :D

Vegas with THP!!!

Thread over, can't top that one :D

JB wins the thread for sure!

For me: The first pair of Ecco Hybrid Golf shoes I bought at $190. All I could think was "are you really spending that much money on a pair of golf shoes?" Well, now I own three pairs; they are just that good.

Most extravagant round of golf would be TPC Sawgrass Stadium in peak season - early April. $275 I think or somewhere there abouts.

Mine is coming up in just over 2 weeks: The THP / TaylorMade Ultimate Testing Weekend at Championsgate. Never thought I would be fortunate enough to be included in anything like. Never even dreamed of anything like it.

Golftec fitting and custom irons.

Round of golf at the White Witch in Montego Bay. The round was about $200 + Caddie.

This was on my honeymoon, so it really was a drop in the bucket in comparision.

Bushnell laser rangefinder with slope. Nothing necessary about it, was quite happy with GPS.

My round of golf at the TPC Scottsdale during prime season rates. $300 with a new TPC Scottsdale polo thrown in on top of that, too.

Prob a few of my putters.

The wife and I attended the Kapalua Golf Academy for 5 days on Maui.

My most extravagant golf purchase had to be my going to the THP Outing this year. Worth. Every. Penny.

This would be mine as well, the year I went. I don't have the kind of money to throw out there on golf trips, but that one will stay with me for a life time.

A set of 3 Yururi Raw Gekku wedges.

Back