The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate two-faced people.

And being lied to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

The world we live in buddy. People's true colors come out when things dont go their way. Thankfully the vast majority of people are good and overshadow the pathetic.

I hate two-faced people.

And being lied to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

I am a big fan of people who can be up front about things and don't hold grudges. Hopefully whatever has you fired up gets sorted quickly dude.

That's good stuff, I've used it before. But talked to someone who suggested just rubbing alcohol to dry it out and hydrocortisone for the itch. It's actually working. I know what you meant about the legs, lol.

You know what really worked well for the itch? Showers with as hot of water that you can stand, directed on the rash. Hot hot water takes the itch away. It hurts for a while but then all of a sudden you are like, "ahhhh", and the itch is gone. It's known as an itchgasm, hahaha. Lasts for hours, which is good for sleeping. Direct the water on the rash until you get the "ahh" feeling. You will know when that is. Seriously, try it. Do a Google search on it too.

And the thing I was talking about before is not Ivarest, its this: http://www.zanfel.com/help/

I gotta try the shower trick, lmao. Thanks buddy, afternoon meetings tomorrow might just be bearable.

This is probably one of the most...exposing rants I've made on THP. Not because I'm going to out anybody on here, but because it's one of the toughest subjects I'm ever likely to deal with, and I'm fortunate because this is probably about the only place I can think of where I can talk about all I need to talk about and not have anyone know any of the other parties. For a quick bit of background, if there's anyone I've tried to emulate, it's been my dad and my older brother. And at the forks in the road between what Dad would do, and what Dave would do, I'm about 50/50. My old man's keel must extend right to the sea bed, and whenever I'd chosen something stabilizing, I can imagine it's what he would choose, and whenever I'd had fun, been unpredictable, taken some chances, it's been what my older brother Dave would do. There's no bigger influences of grinder versus improvisation I can imagine than those two.

Recently I found out that my brother has been cheating on his wife. This'd be his third failed marriage, and a failed marriage with a woman everyone in my family is actually rooting for. When my mother found out, she said she's got one son, and maybe two if the other one pulls his head out of his a$$ so she can actually see his face and make sure. It sucks, because just as me and my brother were really getting along, he goes and does something like this. His current wife gets along with the family, is a great person, and fell into the category my father ascribed to my wife: "Son," he said. "If you lose her, we're disowning you and keeping her." Now my brother's gone and ostracized himself to where I'm his only real connection to the family. He hasn't reached out to me, yet, because all the bridges are still burning, but it's going to happen. Right now I want a cross-country road trip to beat some sense into him. Well, beat him, anyway. Not because I entirely condemn his actions; I don't know his relationship with his wife, but because this is the sharpest divergence I've ever seen between what he learnt under the same roof as me and what he's doing. And in the interest of full honesty, as a man drawing closer to his 7th anniversary, I might be a little bit jealous of his proclivities.

Truth be told, I'm tired, I'm hurt, I don't like that he and I share the same last name right now. I'm embarrassed for him, moreso for her, but a part of me doesn't like him for what he's done so much as the simpler life he'll end of living at the end of this big, screwed up mess. Odd are at the end of this screwed up situation, he'll have fixed his credit (ruined by his second marriage), own a bike and a car, have a place to live, and be single just in time to move to where the Army is sending him next Summer. I might hate him for it, but my hate is at least partially spurned by envy. I can't decide if I hate him or myself more at this juncture.

This is probably one of the most...exposing rants I've made on THP. Not because I'm going to out anybody on here, but because it's one of the toughest subjects I'm ever likely to deal with, and I'm fortunate because this is probably about the only place I can think of where I can talk about all I need to talk about and not have anyone know any of the other parties. For a quick bit of background, if there's anyone I've tried to emulate, it's been my dad and my older brother. And at the forks in the road between what Dad would do, and what Dave would do, I'm about 50/50. My old man's keel must extend right to the sea bed, and whenever I'd chosen something stabilizing, I can imagine it's what he would choose, and whenever I'd had fun, been unpredictable, taken some chances, it's been what my older brother Dave would do. There's no bigger influences of grinder versus improvisation I can imagine than those two.

Recently I found out that my brother has been cheating on his wife. This'd be his third failed marriage, and a failed marriage with a woman everyone in my family is actually rooting for. When my mother found out, she said she's got one son, and maybe two if the other one pulls his head out of his a$$ so she can actually see his face and make sure. It sucks, because just as me and my brother were really getting along, he goes and does something like this. His current wife gets along with the family, is a great person, and fell into the category my father ascribed to my wife: "Son," he said. "If you lose her, we're disowning you and keeping her." Now my brother's gone and ostracized himself to where I'm his only real connection to the family. He hasn't reached out to me, yet, because all the bridges are still burning, but it's going to happen. Right now I want a cross-country road trip to beat some sense into him. Well, beat him, anyway. Not because I entirely condemn his actions; I don't know his relationship with his wife, but because this is the sharpest divergence I've ever seen between what he learnt under the same roof as me and what he's doing. And in the interest of full honesty, as a man drawing closer to his 7th anniversary, I might be a little bit jealous of his proclivities.

Truth be told, I'm tired, I'm hurt, I don't like that he and I share the same last name right now. I'm embarrassed for him, moreso for her, but a part of me doesn't like him for what he's done so much as the simpler life he'll end of living at the end of this big, screwed up mess. Odd are at the end of this screwed up situation, he'll have fixed his credit (ruined by his second marriage), own a bike and a car, have a place to live, and be single just in time to move to where the Army is sending him next Summer. I might hate him for it, but my hate is at least partially spurned by envy. I can't decide if I hate him or myself more at this juncture.

In the end I believe he'll hate himself for what he did. It'll take a while, but it'll hit him one day. That's just how the mind works. It causes us to condone our actions at the time and only later, when the seas have settled, does it allow us to truly mull over the consequences of our actions.

In the end he'll be lonely and kicking himself, while you'll be able to stand proud next to your accomplishments and your family.

I guess you have to ask yourself, in the long run, who will be happier?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

I will for pray for your bro dude. He'll reap the seeds he has sewn. You have done nothing. So go in peace my friend, and let your mind rest.

It's weird how siblings can grow up in the same house and end up with totally different morals and values. We've been letting my son's best friend stay with us since graduation in May, mostly because he's the only sane one that came out of his home and we want to keep him on the right path; he's a great kid. He's one of triplets, and they have an older brother, too, all three of them smoke weed, drink to excess, bring questionalbe souls into their home, and are generally just your average dirtbags. His dad is an off-and-on the wagon alcoholic with violent tendencies and his mom just got put in the pokey for credit card fraud in order to purchase illegal prescription drugs. Classy family, right? Somehow, this kid is amazing, surviving it all and graduating in spite of all the BS in his life. He just left our house this weekend as he has family in Ohio that has found him a decent job and will house him until he can get his feet under him.

Anyway, not sure how that's relevant other than figuring out the why psyches of two brothers that are so different. My family also told me straight up that they would kill me if I ever hurt my wife. I know my dad would come down from Indy and kick my arse all over Georgia.
I suppose people are just sometimes wired for 'fun now, pay later' and just learn to live with their decisions.

Personally, I would tell him straight up he screwed up on this one, regardless of the situation at home. If you don't like it, get out of the situation you're in, then have your fun. And if the SIL is as loved as you say, she needs to be supported. Would I disown my brother, if I had one? Probably not, but I'm a pretty forgiving softy.

Last night, on my way up to bed about 11:15, I go to lock the front door of my house, and see a guy slowly walking down the sidewalk in front of my house.

He sees me in the window, and starts walking down my path to my house in the pitch dark. At about the same time, a police car comes down the street, the guy sees this, and I guess decides he is going to turn around and keep walking down the street.

Police stop this guy across the intersection and are talking to him for a good 5 minutes. Police leave, guy keeps walking down the street.

Scared the living hell out of me. Thank goodness the police were driving down our street, who knows what may have happened....

Then I read in the paper this morning there was a stabbing a block away from my house at like 1am this morning. This after a guy was caught with a huge weapons stash a month ago while he was threatening delivery drivers (also a block from my home).

Time to start looking for a new area, its pretty unnerving all the crap that has started going on around here.

Ouch man. Thats rough. Glad you are okay though.

Minor rant given what has been posted in here recently, but it's fresh in my mind and I'm sure others can relate: golf courses having hazards off of the tee that can't be seen from the tee. I was pretty upset when I hit my 3 wood well only to get into the fairway and see that there is a big creek that gobbled my golf ball up. Yes, this course had diagrams of each hole by the tee box, but had no yardages to the hazards listed, and my GPS didn't have it listed either. This course had about 4 or 5 holes where you had to hit less than driver because of hazards crossing the fairways, I don't like courses like that.

You know what really worked well for the itch? Showers with as hot of water that you can stand, directed on the rash. Hot hot water takes the itch away. It hurts for a while but then all of a sudden you are like, "ahhhh", and the itch is gone. It's known as an itchgasm, hahaha. Lasts for hours, which is good for sleeping. Direct the water on the rash until you get the "ahh" feeling. You will know when that is. Seriously, try it. Do a Google search on it too.

And the thing I was talking about before is not Ivarest, its this: http://www.zanfel.com/help/

OH, MY LORD! Dude, I'm taking 6 or 7 showers today, hahaha. This is as close to ecstasy as one gets and you don't have your clothes on. The nerve endings are bear from scratching the legs and that hot water just makes them stand on end and scream, its wild. Thanks for the tip!

I hate sour losers.

This part belongs in the HHJJ thread - War Eagle is a great moderator!

I hate sour losers.

This part belongs in the HHJJ thread - War Eagle is a great moderator!

LOL I was going to say the same thing.

Im actually a bit shocked that I received a PM about the final grandaddy spot contest. Someone believes that the entry was not valid because the rules were not followed. FWIW, myself and the other judges (and we got votes from 12 others) believed the entry fell on the line, but on teh right side of the line to be counted. While waving a white flag might be viewed as an "after a loss" thing, we viewed it as a TKO and type of defeat. And frankly that is for us to decide.

But to go as far as saying he was selected because he is a popular member is flat out out of line. We have thousands of popular members and frankly if one looked over the Team THP lineup headed to the grandaddy, one would never in a million years think that "favorites" were played. Completely ridiculous.

As it turns out, it never fails, you just cannot please everybody and no matter how something is decided, there will always be a select few that think its rigged. Heck, we did voting via live webcam with 2 professional golfers voting and even that was deemed fixed somehow. Who knows. I will never understand it, but I will support the decision and leave it at that.

Will never please everyone.
Keep doing what you're doing.

You make the masses happy. And that's what counts.

Some people will never be pleased. Frankly, any one who is complaining that it was fixed shouldn't be a part of the DreamTeam any way.

Im actually a bit shocked that I received a PM about the final grandaddy spot contest. Someone believes that the entry was not valid because the rules were not followed. FWIW, myself and the other judges (and we got votes from 12 others) believed the entry fell on the line, but on teh right side of the line to be counted. While waving a white flag might be viewed as an "after a loss" thing, we viewed it as a TKO and type of defeat. And frankly that is for us to decide.

But to go as far as saying he was selected because he is a popular member is flat out out of line. We have thousands of popular members and frankly if one looked over the Team THP lineup headed to the grandaddy, one would never in a million years think that "favorites" were played. Completely ridiculous.

As it turns out, it never fails, you just cannot please everybody and no matter how something is decided, there will always be a select few that think its rigged. Heck, we did voting via live webcam with 2 professional golfers voting and even that was deemed fixed somehow. Who knows. I will never understand it, but I will support the decision and leave it at that.

I think it's absolutely crazy that you need to post this. Green with envy.. mentally defeated.. Yep, criteria met. Good lord.

An awesome dude got picked for an event of a lifetime today. Let's embrace that fact, rather than being upset that we didn't get picked. Dude is going to kick some major butt there.

The fact that you needed to explain yourself is ridiculous. Some people will just never get it and its a shame. The good thing is, those people tend to weed themselves out and the community as a whole becomes stronger.

We truly do not want anybody to have to weed themselves out. We hope everybody enjoys their time here and feels a part of the community. It sickens me to know that people don't feel that way. It just makes it harder and harder to do any sort of things where people get chosen.

We truly do not want anybody to have to weed themselves out. We hope everybody enjoys their time here and feels a part of the community. It sickens me to know that people don't feel that way. It just makes it harder and harder to do any sort of things where people get chosen.

You just cant please everyone Josh. No reason to beat yourself up about it. Think of the THOUSANDS of people that do enjoy it here.

Some people will always feel that way JB. You could have a live broadcast of a foot race, and people will still say you handpicked the winner, its just how it goes.

Ludicrous accusation by a effing crybaby if you ask me. :angry: Anyone that's been here a while knows that the contests and winners are fair. That goes from MC selections to testing opportunities to The Grandaddy. Don't let the jerk get you down JB.

I saw his original post in the thread. My initial thought was "WHOA WTF!?" With how large this place is, it's bound to happen. Jealousy is an ugly trait. Sounds like he was just jealous it wasn't him.

tried to get some practice in at lunch and the freaking range was closed. seriously wtf...grrr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back