Hopkins Golf Wedges Preview Thread

I really want a 52 and 56 in these. The design is ready to go. Trouble is, these look like they rust way too easily and I just don't like rusty clubs! I'm gonna hold of until I've seen what the chrome looks like when it's released. Shame they aren't doing a satin finish though. Either way, I'm really looking forward to eventually getting my hands on these wedges.

So I've seen a bunch of you have the wedges and have been playing with them. What's the feel of them? Do they feel like Cleveland wedges? Do they feel like hitting a forged club? It's hard for me to order a club when I have no idea what it would feel like....Especially since I'm a huge feel player.

I can't speak on the forged/cast feel as I'm in the it's all the same category, but the turf interaction and weighting is where these are really and truly shining for me right now. I like them a good bit more than I did the RTX CB's to be honest, but as you know it's crazy personal.

I can't speak on the forged/cast feel as I'm in the it's all the same category, but the turf interaction and weighting is where these are really and truly shining for me right now. I like them a good bit more than I did the RTX CB's to be honest, but as you know it's crazy personal.
I've gotta get this done

Anyone play these side by side with Scor wedges? Just wondering how they compare.

Anyone play these side by side with Scor wedges? Just wondering how they compare.

I love the vsole, love, if the SCOR's had the same size as the Hopkins then it would be hard to not game them, in the end I just like the look of a less really compact profile over my scoring shots. Honestly though, both really really really nice wedges.

Great, now these have me dying to try them and I already have 3 wedge sets I am comparing. I like their approach and would like to support them.

So I've seen a bunch of you have the wedges and have been playing with them. What's the feel of them? Do they feel like Cleveland wedges? Do they feel like hitting a forged club? It's hard for me to order a club when I have no idea what it would feel like....Especially since I'm a huge feel player.

30 day money back guarantee. You have nothing to lose

They feel as good as my 588s if not better. They are a bit heavier than my Clevelands, at least they feel like it. On top of that, I don't believe forged/ cast a difference. And I've used CG15s, xFTs, Vokey SM4s, and 588s before these Hopkins. I like how the Hopkins feel through the swing the best. At contact, I there is no difference in feel.

They feel as good as my 588s if not better. They are a bit heavier than my Clevelands, at least they feel like it. On top of that, I don't believe forged/ cast a difference. And I've used CG15s, xFTs, Vokey SM4s, and 588s before these Hopkins. I like how the Hopkins feel through the swing the best. At contact, I there is no difference in feel.

I echo these sentiments as I came from the 588s as well.

I'd say that if you're a fan of 'softer' then these would be better for you than the 588's. They have a little beefier feel at impact and in weight.

I have had an easier time "feeling" distance from within 40 yards. I like that.

A nice benefit of the rust/darkening is the ability to see where you're hitting the ball on a daily basis. Works real well with sandy surfaces.

My 51°, 56° and 61° just came yesterday. I'll be taking them out to the range and course today.

My 51°, 56° and 61° just came yesterday. I'll be taking them out to the range and course today.

Pics or it didnt happen..:bananadance:

Pics are coming as soon as I actually take pictures.
Grinds are: Shelf on the 50 bent to 51. Heel on the 56. Channel on the 60 bent to 61. I went with a PXI shaft on the 51 to blend with my iron shafts and the 56 and 61 have the KBS High Rev.

War Eagle from my iPhone

Nice.

I've still got my eye on a 61° wide.

Pics are coming as soon as I actually take pictures.
Grinds are: Shelf on the 50 bent to 51. Heel on the 56. Channel on the 60 bent to 61. I went with a PXI shaft on the 51 to blend with my iron shafts and the 56 and 61 have the KBS High Rev.

War Eagle from my iPhone

Any chance there is an Auburn paint scheme?? Hehe

Any chance there is an Auburn paint scheme?? Hehe

There might be some blue and orange paint fill in there. :)

War Eagle from my iPhone

There might be some blue and orange paint fill in there. :)

War Eagle from my iPhone

You may not want to post pics or some dude from FL may come and swipe them.

Here they are on their first range session. Kind of annoyed the course had everybody hitting off mats today but it did get to go all around the chipping green from light rough, deep Bermuda rough, tight lies and sand and I really like how they preform around the green.
image_zps5c6f62e0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
THP is on the right of Hopkins on the 50 just like the others but the glare is hiding it.

Those look awesome buddy!!!

Back