RUMOR Current golf company to change ownership

lightningbolt44

Reaction score
A current rumor is going around that GoDaddy.com founder Bob Parsons is in the process of buying an existing golf company. With some speculation that it may be Callaway. I am curious to what everyone thinks about this. Again Callaway is just speculation at this point and it very well could be a different company all together. Apparently a few of the engineers from Ping have also jumped ship and will be working for this new/current company including the gentleman behind the S56 and S55 irons.

I for one hope that it is not Callaway. I really think Callaway is heading in the right direction and would hate to see it change hands right now.

I agree that I would hate for it to be Callaway. I wouldn't mind at all if they were buying Adams back from TMag.

I don't really want Godaddy to buy anyone in the golf industry.

It is publicly traded and by my calculations 93% of shares are owned by various mutual funds. That would be one heck of a buyout.

It is publicly traded and by my calculations 93% of shares are owned by various mutual funds. That would be one heck of a buyout.

I am wondering who it is honestly like I said Callaway was others speculation. I for one would think it would be maybe someone smaller that he intends on making larger.

I bet its Nike

The problem with rumor's is..........

I also like the direction that Callaway is headed, I hope they are not the company in question.

I bet its Nike

Really why them? They have some huge contacts out on players, I would think those contracts would be negatives for a company that doesn't have a big portion of gear sales.

Really why them? They have some huge contacts out on players, I would think those contracts would be negatives for a company that doesn't have a big portion of gear sales.

i imagine he was being sarcastic

First off, this is nothing more than a rumor right now. The rumor goes that this group has attached itself to a couple of club designers and furthermore wants to be in the golf game. But as of now, it is just rumor.

There have been a lot of rumors over the last 2 years and frankly most of them have been garbage. Some people assume that if you throw a bunch of carp on a wall, some will stick.

There is smoke here in that some suggest this has been going on for a while and it is known that the group does in fact want to be in the golf industry.

First off, this is nothing more than a rumor right now. The rumor goes that this group has attached itself to a couple of club designers and furthermore wants to be in the golf game. But as of now, it is just rumor.

There have been a lot of rumors over the last 2 years and frankly most of them have been garbage. Some people assume that if you throw a bunch of carp on a wall, some will stick.

There is smoke here in that some suggest this has been going on for a while and it is known that the group does in fact want to be in the golf industry.

That is the way I took it as well was just trying to see if anyone had insight or any other ideas on who this company may be.

Hmm interesting!

Interesting romour.

I've got no idea who it is or anything like that.....But I don't think Callaway would put itself out there, especially with the positive direction they've finally got themselves in. There are a few companies out there that could use a revamp for sure.... Cleveland being one of them. I know they have their wedge business doing okay, but I don't think anything else is really spectacular? Just a guess though.

Parsons is an ass. Let's hope it's Warrior.

Cleveland being one of them. I know they have their wedge business doing okay, but I don't think anything else is really spectacular? Just a guess though.

While this may be true, lets not forget that Cleveland is owned by one of the largest companies in the world.
FWIW, they do also command the top spot in wedge sales at this time.

Now I am not saying they wont be sold, just that sometimes people forget who owns them and how big they are.

The potential for some cart girl commercials makes me a huge fan of this rumor.

While this may be true, lets not forget that Cleveland is owned by one of the largest companies in the world.
FWIW, they do also command the top spot in wedge sales at this time.

Now I am not saying they wont be sold, just that sometimes people forget who owns them and how big they are.

I'm just wondering if wedges alone would keep them from being sold off....Companies like to piece parts off these days. I was just thinking Cleveland may be a piece they could live without. Who knows. All speculation till something happens....If it does at all.

Interesting. Probably will impact my stock portfolio more than my golf bag, but I guess we shall wait and see.

I am hoping it is Orlimar. Alpha miraging face FTW!

The Warrior & Orlimar posts are enough to keep me interested. I did rep Danica in my Grandaddy video, that would be an interesting connection.

Are you kidding....chads hair is way too pricey for anyone to buy Callaway

Back