Floppy

Reaction score
Anyone here play a strong 3 wood? I'm looking at picking up a 13* Titleist 906F2 ( i think thats it )

1.) Does it really give you much extra distance?
2.) Is it harder to hit off the ground, as opposed to a regular 15* 3w?

Thanks!!

I play a 12.5° driver, does that count?
smile-tetris.gif

I have an old Callaway that is a 3+, I believe is a 13 degree. It doesn't say on the club, but I think that is what I was told when I got it.

I have had it so long and don't remember using anything else, so I can't really say if it goes further than a 15 degree. It does fly pretty far off the tee for me. I can get it out there anywhere from 235-250 depending on how much roll I get. I would say a 230 carry off the tee is about average when hit well, and about 220-225 off the ground. I don't have any problems hitting it off the ground at all. But again, I haven't used anything but this club in the last 10-12 years so I don't have anything to compare it to.

I think that as long is the shaft is right for you, and you put a good swing on it, you probably won't notice any difference except for a little more distance. It might not fly as high, but it shouldn't be any harder to hit.

I play a 14* PING G10.

No harder to hit. It gives me more distance b/c I'm a high ball hitter and it helps me keep the ball down.

i used to play a 13º (Sonartec) 3 wood. it was a little harder to get off the ground when hitting off the deck (for me). and thats why i went back to a 15º

I play a 14* PING G10.

No harder to hit. It gives me more distance b/c I'm a high ball hitter and it helps me keep the ball down.

i might be getting one of those

A strong 3-wood is nice because it gives you almost the same distance as a driver but with much better accuracy.

I had a 12* Titleist FW that I used to put in the bag when I just couldn't hit a driver. Not bad, but I got rid of it when I got an R7.

Yup, the shorter shaft of a strong 3-wood makes it much easier to hit solid shots.

I play a Nickent 4DX 13* 3 wood and love it. I do not even use a tee when on the tee box with it.

hey floppy ...

come to think of it, i need to get my old titlist strong 3 back from a friend of mine ... i guess it is obvious from above statement i haven't used it in awhile, but when i do bag it i can really smoke it of the deck from the fairway...

i really dont like hitting it off of the box because of the low profile head, and i have a geek dct 12* with a 44 in shaft stabbed in it that i use off the box when needed... because the head is such a low spinning / low launch it gives me the loft for erant swing, but the spin launch of a much lower head... :clapp:

One of the better clubs in the bag.........Ping G5 13*

Back