Taylormade Corza Ghost Putter Thread

i think i want to demo the ghost some more.....i'm still not so sure that i will see the benefits of the daytona being ghost'd out as much as the rossa corza, so for me, if i'm going to take the ghost plunge it might as well be with the original. i like how accurate it is but the longer putts is where i wasn't impressed at all. again, could be technique and the fact that i've never really rolled a mallet style putter much.

TC,
I have had the same struggles. As have a few of our testers. Love the alignment, feel of the insert, etc... But I struggle with the weighting of it overall and more so where the weight is located. Anything outside of 20 feet my distance control is way off.

Multiple people have said this and I dont understand it. Its helped my speed control on longer putts incredibly. But I think that could be just because Im coming from a blade.

TC,
I have had the same struggles. As have a few of our testers. Love the alignment, feel of the insert, etc... But I struggle with the weighting of it overall and more so where the weight is located. Anything outside of 20 feet my distance control is way off.

see, i love the alignment, but there was just something about the longer putts that i left them way short and i pulled every single one of them. setho was seeing the same issues too, so i'm not so sure that it's just me.

JB, when you talk about where the weighting is located, where is it? would it cause one to close the face?

see, i love the alignment, but there was just something about the longer putts that i left them way short and i pulled every single one of them. setho was seeing the same issues too, so i'm not so sure that it's just me.

JB, when you talk about where the weighting is located, where is it? would it cause one to close the face?

I dont think so really. Its a fairly well balanced putter in terms of weight. But the overall weighting seems off to me. In my opinion it should be a little heavier. It should also have some extra weighting in the back center (to create more MOI) for more stabilization. We are talking a decent size mallet here after all.

I dont think so really. Its a fairly well balanced putter in terms of weight. But the overall weighting seems off to me. In my opinion it should be a little heavier. It should also have some extra weighting in the back center (to create more MOI) for more stabilization. We are talking a decent size mallet here after all.

yeah, that would make sense. perhaps that's why i left so many of those long putts short......too light? at any rate, i can't argue with how many putts i holed with that thing from what i would consider "birdie" range, but if you can't lag putt with it, what good is it then? it still intrigues me and i'm glad that make it in LH, that was pretty cool if anything.

Couldn't agree more with you. I like a heavy putter. Makes the long distance putts easier to judge. With a lighter putter I think I feel like I really have to whack it to get to the hole instead of making a nice smooth stroke. They could have scored a home run with the Ghost if they had added a weight system because I loved the alignment of it.

Couldn't agree more with you. I like a heavy putter. Makes the long distance putts easier to judge. With a lighter putter I think I feel like I really have to whack it to get to the hole instead of making a nice smooth stroke. They could have scored a home run with the Ghost if they had added a weight system because I loved the alignment of it.

Its funny too, because my regular putter is extremely light, but works for me.

I cut my ghost down to 34 last night...will test it on the course Friday-Monday. The weighting doesn't feel too bad for me, I'm ok with it. I have thought about adding 2 strips of lead tape to the bottom to make it a little heavier, but have not done so yet.

I started having trouble with shorter putts. I always putted well from long distance but all the sudden I missed everything from 5' in and so I switched.

looking to see if i can get my hands on the Daytona or blade style ghost, something a little more eye fitting but also carries the ghost white and black alignment, for me it just works my putting has been a little suspect of late so i think a switch in the Toast camp may be necessary

looking to see if i can get my hands on the Daytona or blade style ghost, something a little more eye fitting but also carries the ghost white and black alignment, for me it just works my putting has been a little suspect of late so i think a switch in the Toast camp may be necessary

i tried going back to my ping putter last weekend...needless to say, the ghost is back in the bag. I just need to start making putts. My speed has been decent, but nothing has fallen outside of 8 feet.

does anyone have a list of who's sportin' the Ghost putters at Barclay's?

Darrell Survey will be out tomorrow and we will have a list.
awesome... man, you guys are always on top of things! :D

I saw Andres Romero using a CS Ghosted Red Stripe putter this last weekend, and saw in a couple pics from the BMW this week a few other ghosted Red stripe putters. I always liked the look of those red stripes and with them ghosted out they look even better. Could the ghosting continue???

Do you know what the weight of the putter is? Couldn't find it on the Taylor Made home page

I saw Andres Romero using a CS Ghosted Red Stripe putter this last weekend, and saw in a couple pics from the BMW this week a few other ghosted Red stripe putters. I always liked the look of those red stripes and with them ghosted out they look even better. Could the ghosting continue???
do you have picture by any chance? the red striping would look awesome! :D

Anyone hear anyword of any other TM putters getting 'ghosted'?
I've been wanting to pick up a Maranello w/ agsi... a Ghost would be a bonus... and price point is very fair.

Anyone hear anyword of any other TM putters getting 'ghosted'?
I've been wanting to pick up a Maranello w/ agsi... a Ghost would be a bonus... and price point is very fair.

Not for release anytime soon that we have seen on their upcoming lineups.

There's a Kia Ma version available maybe I'll step up to that... but I really like TM's agsi insert...

IMG_8129.jpg

just sayin...

Back