The "Perfect" round of golf. V2

rightsiderough

Reaction score
Handicap
22.7 OOB
Describe your perfect round of golf. Is it a 4 some, 2 some, alone? What course do you play? Are you drinking or just talking to your dad or something? Is the round about the golf or about something else?

My perfect round of golf is when my wife have our "date night" on Mondays. Just the two of us.

My perfect round of golf involves average scoring for me. If I break 100 and only lose a few balls, that's just fine. It's the company that I am with that matters most. My most memorable golf moments are with THPers. I rarely remember my play, but I always remember the happy memories.

Another example. At my local course, I play with a couple of guys who just started 5 years ago. Sometimes, people wonder why I play with them, and that maybe I'd get 'better' if I played with some better (or at least more consistent) players. And I always tell those people, "it's because I don't care how they play. It is fun to play with them." I don't care if I beat them by 10 strokes every 9 holes, and I don't care how long it takes to play. Were just there to enjoy the outdoors and have a good time.

And as for a future perfect round, that would be a round with my Dad. For most of my life, he played golf. He played average golf, and we had many competitive rounds when I was growing up. About 4 years ago, he through out his back. A year after that, surgery for the degenerative disc problem that caused his back problems. He picked up a golf club again in another year, but has only played 3-4 times since then, and that was only to humor me. His scoring average doubled, and his distance dropped 50%. I can always see that he is very frustrated. He retires at the end of this year, and he says for retirement, he plans to take up golf again. He knows, and I've been telling him, that he needs lessons, and he plans to get a series of them. I look forward to next spring to be able to play a round of golf with him that HE enjoys playing.

~Rock

Playing with some THP'rs on a beautiful course. Mid 70's with no wind.

For me it's a quiet fall or spring afternoon on the course with my wife and daughter, they jab at me, I take it and just enjoy being on the course with my girls.

Any time I get to play with someone I rarely play with. Last week I played with a former co-worker who I hadn't seen in a long time. We had a few drinks afterwards and it was a lot of fun.

An early morning round with my father and two uncles. It doesn't happen enough, but these are the mornings I look forward too.

I think my perfect round would be out on a nice course, on a perfect sunny day, with 3 fellow THP'rs. Everyone shooting personal best's, with enough wonderfully executed shots to keep the excitement high, and a few of those not so wonderful shots that keep the mood light and the tension down.

Playing with some THP'rs on a beautiful course. Mid 70's with no wind.

I will vote for that!! Sounds kinda like TCI don't it :D

The perfect round of golf for me has nothing to do with my score. My perfect round of golf is playing with my father and him shooting a great score.

Nothing makes me happier than telling my dad "Good Shot".

Anytime, anywhere when it's my dad and I teeing it up. It's as simple as that.

Playing with my wife and my dad on a beautiful mountain course all playing well and having some laughs during a nice autumn morning round.

Just me with my brother and dad. Any time, anywhere.

My perfect round - 70 degrees, blue skies, slight breeze, lush fairways, fast but true greens, manageable rough, playing with good friends, good stories and good cigars. Any score below 85 is a plus.

Sunday morning. Get to the course early. Have a bite of breakfast. Take my time warming up. Meet some new friends and go play golf. Temps in the mid seventies and good pace of play will help me enjoy the day.

Back