New Golfer in New Jersey

BrianC23

Reaction score
Handicap
Played my first 18 holes about 3 weeks ago and got hooked after the first hole. After teeing off twice at every hole (bad slice) I decided I needed a lesson. Had my first lesson 2 weeks ago and will be going back for another very shortly. I have been borrowing my brother in laws Golf set, Acuity, but want to find my own set. Have been looking at used clubs, trying to do my research on which to buy.

I now find myself watching the Golf channel, instead of the Yankees, every chance I get and look forward to Thursday - Sunday where I can watch the pros (Wife not to happy). I am in the Mercer County area, Hamilton to be exact and hope to get out to the course with some great people from this forum.

I have an opportunity to buy brand new Callaway razr x ng irons for $200. Can anyone give any advice on the irons, if I should even be looking at them or recommend something else. I went to a GolfSmith over the weekend and hit everything from a Ping G25/I20, Titleist AP1, Taylormade R11 and Callaway x hot. I really couldnt tell a difference between them, hit them all straight, no monitors where on though. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Last edited:
Welcome to THP. Quite a few THPERS up in that area, and I know they get together alot to play!

Welcome to THP. The thread above posted by Mike Dean is a good source of reference. We just had a group of 12 of us play Heron Glen a few weeks ago. There is generally people playing in your area at least once a week. I am in Lincoln Park, NJ myself.

Welcome to :thp: man. I live on the west coast now, but I'm originally from Gloucester County, NJ.

Welcome to THP !

I am from Bergen County, but went to college in Mercer (TCNJ.) I'm almost as new as you, but welcome nonetheless.

Welcome fellow Tri-Stater. I am on Long Island and if you ever head out over here, we'll hit up the Black.

Welcome to THP

Welcome Brian - I am one of the other Hamilton NJ members here! Looking forward to teeing it up with you soon!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to the forum Brian!

Welcome to the team!

Welcome to THP.

welcome to the party

Can't say I blame you for watching golf instead of the Yankees! hahaha Welcome to the wacky worlds of golf and THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome Brian - I am one of the other Hamilton NJ members here! Looking forward to teeing it up with you soon!

Wow, there is more than 1 Hamiltonian on the forum? That would great to play with you, however, I am not very good and wouldn't want to waste your time. Hopefully, next spring, with lessons and more practice, I will take you up on that offer. Thanks

Can't say I blame you for watching golf instead of the Yankees! hahaha Welcome to the wacky worlds of golf and THP!

As I was typing that, I knew there was going to be a Red Sox fan commenting. I do like to remind Red Sox fans that we have 20 more championships that the Sox. Would love to still catch a game at Fenway. Rooting for the Pirates to win it all!

I have an opportunity to buy brand new Callaway razr x ng irons for $200. Can anyone give any advice on the irons, if I should even be looking at them or recommend something else. I went to a GolfSmith over the weekend and hit everything from a Ping G25/I20, Titleist AP1, Taylormade R11 and Callaway x hot. I really couldnt tell a difference between them, hit them all straight, no monitors where on though. Thanks in advance for the advice.

Back