THP 1 Year Donation Drive

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Hackers Paradise online golf forum is coming up on its 1 year anniversary in the next couple of weeks and we are really excited about it. THP has come a long way over the course of 12 months and we expect the next 12 months to be even bigger and better than the first year.

When I thought of doing something like this I was absolutely clueless and had no idea what to do from a tech stand point. With the help of Craig Mac who helped with the logo and direction and introducing us to the great Hacker THP started to take shape. Harry Longshanks jumped in with some careful prodding and has helped make this the site it is today. From his opening article entitled "Golf is a Silly Game", Harry has added his "views" that always are fun and thoughtful. The three of us started on this voyage one day via email and the rest is history.

Since that time I have been married and was glad to share that with all of our members. Brought my wife to the forum and she has a blast here as well. Without her I am also not sure THP would be what it is, because the relationships forged at the PGA Show last year that were made because of her are what brings us to where we are today.

We have had highs, we have had lows, but one thing is for sure, we always move ahead. We are launching THP the Magazine in December which was the thought and brain child of us during the show last year. We also have some more grand plans coming in the year to come and cannot wait to share every single one of them with you.

The PGA Merchandise Show last year was in some ways THP's coming out party. We had the ability to meet all the great people that had been working with us and throw a party in there honor. For 4 straight days and nights we worked hard to report on the show the way we longed to see it from golf sites forever. We wanted to see every booth, so that is what we wanted the readers and members to see. We think we did a decent job of bringing you all to the PGA Show with us last year and hope to do it again this year.

We also held out HUGE CHARITY RAFFLE last year and gave away THOUSANDS of dollars in prizes in exchange for helping out the Humane Society and the Special Olympics. Readers were able to buy tickets and thankfully we have some of the best out there and they bought them in droves. That warmed our hearts so much, that our readers wanted to help two great causes as much as we did.

We added a donate button half way through the year and many of our readers have helped with the cost of running this site. Between hosting, shipping costs, misc charges, and did I mention shipping costs, this site gets expensive to run from time to time. While we never complain about it, we thank each donation we receive as something special from our friends.

We have gone back and forth on the correct way of doing this because we have never come out and asked for donations before. But we have some big things planned for the PGA Show this year and are even going to take one lucky reader with us to the event and THP dinner to be part of our team as we cover the show. We also have some big things planned right around the corner (not including the launch of our magazine) and cannot wait to share them with everybody.

Through our growth we have experienced some high costs and deal with them in our quest to continue to grow this great community into what it is today and will become in the future. We are going to start a donation drive and have a "bar/meter" on our site to try and raise some capital for the PGA Merchandise Show and a few other future plans of THP. If you can help out we so much appreciate it and thank you from the bottom of our hearts. If you cannot, we totally understand and it will never change the way we feel about you as part of our THP family. Our goal is to raise $1000 and help with hotel costs for bringing some of our staff in for the show as well as our ongoing costs as we move towards our 1 year anniversary. All it takes is a very little amount to keep this place growing like we have for the 1st year and we thank you in advance for all of your help.

A donate button is listed at the top of the forum and from there you can make your donation amount accordingly. If you need or want to donate an amount that is not listed, please email or PM me for details on how to do that. To make things more "fun", one lucky donor will receive a THP Prize Pack valued at over $200. The size of your donation will have no impact on winning the prize and you will still get a donor tag for your help.

Again we cannot thank people enough for calling THP their online home for everything golf and we hope everybody understands the reasons for this drive.

• Admin
THank you all for your kind words via email and private message. It means the world to us.

• Admin
The little bar at the top of the forum gets updated daily to keep track of our progress. Thank you all for your help.

I've just recently joined, but I hope to help out from next month.

a suggestion, it might be a good option to add a quarterly direct debit via paypal, i think it would help generate some consistant funds, making your working capital a bit more fluid.

• Admin
Thank you for the kind words. We love and appreciate any help that comes our way, but we never want to have our readers think it is an obligation and I think that is what direct debit does. Thanks for the suggestion and we look forward to having you around the forum.

I can't believe it's been a year since the forum first launched. It seems like just yesterday JB was teaching me how to reply to a post and send a PM. Thanks to everyone who has helped support THP, you all mean so much to us!!

• Admin
Thank you all for your continued support. We are nearing in on 10% thanks to a couple of more donations over the last couple of days. We cannot thank you enough.

GG is right, we appreciate it so much, and I think I speak for Hacker as well in this matter.

I can't believe we are already over 20%. We really do have the best forum members on the net! Thanks everyone!!

We sure are. Up to 21% as of now. Thank you all for your generosity.

Almost a quarter of the way there right now and we want to say thank you to everybody that has helped us. Without you THP would not be the place it is.

Hopefully those of you that enjoy THP as much as I do will donate too. Look forward to seeing the donation bar getting closer to the goal!

Thanks for the kind words Kevin. We are officially a quarter of the way there everybody. Thank you.

I wish I could give more than my modest offerings have been. I have never donated to a forum or website before coming to THP. I know every little bit helps, but hopefully I will be able to show my appreciation with a little fatter wallet in the near future.

I wish I could give more than my modest offerings have been. I have never donated to a forum or website before coming to THP. I know every little bit helps, but hopefully I will be able to show my appreciation with a little fatter wallet in the near future.

Just like you said every little bit counts and we appreciate it so much. I wish I knew how to put into words how much it means to us.

Just like you said every little bit counts and we appreciate it so much. I wish I knew how to put into words how much it means to us.

You may not be able to put it into words, but your prizes show how much you value your forum/site visitors/members. You guys rock.

PS. I don't envy you your job of moving in to a new house.

haha thanks! moving simply sucks! I mean it's great to move into a new house and a new neighborhood and all that but the packing, unpacking, cleaning, laundry, as well as major cuts and bruises all pretty much suck!

You should have just had a "Helping JB and GG Move Contest" and given away a THP Prize Pack... You guys would be relaxing by the pool drinking Mojitos by now...

This drive is to help Hacker as much as it is to help the site. The PGA Show is an expensive task to cover the way we are doing it as well as the THP Dinner and bringing a forum member there as well.

Thank you to all that have helped. Regardless of the amount, every little bit adds up.

We have been getting lots of great info about the PGA Merchandise show this year and we are so excited to go. Thank you again to all that have donated to help us make this show even better than last year.

GG is right, we expect this years coverage to be better than last years. Plus we will have our lucky contest winner with us.

Thank you for those donations that keep coming in. The bar at the top will be updated shortly, but we are on our way. We passed the 30% mark last night and we want to say thanks.

Back