TaylorMade R11 Irons Reviews

I dont think he intends it to be a conclusive, scientific evaluation. He merely hits them and gives his opinion. I respect him for not being afraid to say that he thinks the R11s are all marketing.
The thing about his videos that I always found really interesting is that he loves Mizunos and Pings, which are often 2 brands on the opposite side of the spectrum in terms of club design. I mean, in 1 video he will say how much he loves the soft feel of a forged Mizuno and then in another video say he loves Pings for how the ball shoots off of the clubface.

But why are the R11's all marketing. They are an iron that offers golfers the distance of the 2.0's, but they are also an iron that possesses the profiles and sleekness of the CB's. I think you just like him b/c he's also a Mizuno homer. There's nothing wrong with that. I imagine he drools and talks about how soft and buttery Mizuno's are. He just hooks you in with his Mizuno sex appeal doesn't he?

But why are the R11's all marketing. They are an iron that offers golfers the distance of the 2.0's, but they are also an iron that possesses the profiles and sleekness of the CB's.
They dont have the distance of the 2.0s though. The lofts arent the same, the length of the shafts isnt the same and the ball shoots off the face a lot more on the 2.0s. The R11s and CBs are practically the same irons (other than the forged clubface on the CBs) with almost the same looks and practically the same launch monitor numbers, so why make both? Again, cashing in on the success of the R11 name.
I think you just like him b/c he's also a Mizuno homer. There's nothing wrong with that. I imagine he drools and talks about how soft and buttery Mizuno's are. He just hooks you in with his Mizuno sex appeal doesn't he?
LOL...I wont deny thats part of it but he actually isnt that much of a Mizuno butt-kisser. He has said in a few videos when he doesnt get the point of a certain iron. I actually first started watching his vids because of his Mizuno reviews though to be honest. You cant really say he's a Mizzie homer though because he drools over Pings actually more than he does Mizunos. In his Ping reviews he raves about how the ball, "pings" off of the clubface. Whatever that means... Other than Anser putters, Ive never been all that impressed with Pings.

hahaha, I know dude, just messing around. I like Mizuno stuff a fair bit myself. I thought the MX300's were some of the best irons around a couple of years ago.

Although the lofts are the same in all the clubs except the 6,7, & 8, which are 1* weaker so pretty darn close. I also think that the R11 and the 2.0 share the same face material technology so I imagine the ball reacts similarly. I do like the guy and I do like his vid's, I just wish he'd give me more numbers to go on. I wonder why he doesn't do that?

I've played both irons and I think the R11's and the Burners are very different irons. I also did a fitting for the R11's and hit the CB's and MC's and I did not like the CB's at all. The weighting was off for me with the CB's, but when it comes down to it I don't really care, the R11's look great and play better.

hahaha, I know dude, just messing around. I like Mizuno stuff a fair bit myself. I thought the MX300's were some of the best irons around a couple of years ago.

Although the lofts are the same in all the clubs except the 6,7, & 8, which are 1* weaker so pretty darn close. I also think that the R11 and the 2.0 share the same face material technology so I imagine the ball reacts similarly. I do like the guy and I do like his vid's, I just wish he'd give me more numbers to go on. I wonder why he doesn't do that?
No harm done. Hey man, if anyone tries the R11s and likes them, more power to 'em. Its not like theyre bad irons. Far from it.
About the numbers: Id love to hear more numbers to but it is what it is. IMO, he does some of the best club reviews on Youtube. At least he actually hits the clubs, gives some numbers and gives his opinion unlike a lot of the other reviewers who seem like all they do is read the brochure and tell you that every club is great.

No harm done. Hey man, if anyone tries the R11s and likes them, more power to 'em. Its not like theyre bad irons. Far from it.
About the numbers: Id love to hear more numbers to but it is what it is. IMO, he does some of the best club reviews on Youtube. At least he actually hits the clubs, gives some numbers and gives his opinion unlike a lot of the other reviewers who seem like all they do is read the brochure and tell you that every club is great.

I guess that's a good point too. He seems very personal which is nice. I don't know though, I got the feeling like he was trying to play the R11's off like they just don't belong or something.

I think his point is that the 2.0s and CB are very similar so he doesnt get why they made the R11. His theory is that TM is trying to cash in on the success of the R11 driver and figured, "people who like their R11 will buy a set of irons if we put R11 on it, so why not?"

So I will assume his next test will be between the MP-58 and MP-59 right? And he will then explain why we dont need the 59? Of course not. Or where is his testing on the G15, K15 and G20 drivers?
He has made it clear over the last few years what his thoughts are.

They dont have the distance of the 2.0s though. The lofts arent the same, the length of the shafts isnt the same and the ball shoots off the face a lot more on the 2.0s. The R11s and CBs are practically the same irons (other than the forged clubface on the CBs) with almost the same looks and practically the same launch monitor numbers, so why make both? Again, cashing in on the success of the R11 name.

Im curious if you have hit these? Because I am seeing similar distance and dont understand the ball shooting off the face more.
And I will ask the same question about other brands. Why did they make a MP-59 since all the numbers most experts are seeing are absolutely identical to MP-58s.

LOL...I wont deny thats part of it but he actually isnt that much of a Mizuno butt-kisser. He has said in a few videos when he doesnt get the point of a certain iron. I actually first started watching his vids because of his Mizuno reviews though to be honest. You cant really say he's a Mizzie homer though because he drools over Pings actually more than he does Mizunos. In his Ping reviews he raves about how the ball, "pings" off of the clubface. Whatever that means... Other than Anser putters, Ive never been all that impressed with Pings.

Have you hit both? I hit both and didn't think the CB and R11 were all that similar in anything other than looks at address and of course the weight port.

Got to see these on Saturday. They were right handed but I still put my mitts on them. I wanted to hit them but that may have been ugly. According to my guy around here, he's been selling them. I think people appreciate the KBS shafts as a stock offering. He says that's what a lot of people like about them. I'm hoping someone locally gets a lefty demo soon. I'm getting desperate.

=
And I will ask the same question about other brands. Why did they make a MP-59 since all the numbers most experts are seeing are absolutely identical to MP-58s.

That's an easy one. They finally gave in to those begging letters from TC for them to make a left handed version so he can be a seriously workable playa.

Saw the r11s at the range again, and I must say they look like a nice addition to the range. The red accent works them into the R11 line nicely imo.

That's an easy one. They finally gave in to those begging letters from TC for them to make a left handed version so he can be a seriously workable playa.

Saw the r11s at the range again, and I must say they look like a nice addition to the range. The red accent works them into the R11 line nicely imo.

It's true. I stalk Mizuno often. I've hit all the Mizuno stuff buddy. There's a reason why I don't have them in my bag.

It's true. I stalk Mizuno often. I've hit all the Mizuno stuff buddy. There's a reason why I don't have them in my bag.

Are you allergic to dairy, so you can't take the buttah of the clubface? :wink:

We know you stalk every OEM fairly and evenly dude. Stalking, nonetheless. :D

I haven't had a chance to swing these yet, but I've scoped them out in the stores. Is it an optical illusion, or are the shafts kinda short on these? A buddy had the 7 iron out and at first glance I thought it was the 9.

Either way, glad these are working out for people.

R11's are definitely an iron to look out for. I saw these being hit over the weekend and was extremely tempted myself. The distance and sound I saw was pretty good. They look gorgeous in hand.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

I haven't had a chance to swing these yet, but I've scoped them out in the stores. Is it an optical illusion, or are the shafts kinda short on these? A buddy had the 7 iron out and at first glance I thought it was the 9.

Either way, glad these are working out for people.

Short compared to what? The R11 7 iron is stock at 37'', the same as your AP2's stock.

Short compared to what? The R11 7 iron is stock at 37'', the same as your AP2's stock.

That answers my question then. Just looked shorter. No idea why.

That answers my question then. Just looked shorter. No idea why.

That is interesting. I thought for a minute that maybe it was a shaft thing but you have the same shaft. Maybe it's the white? lol

That is interesting. I thought for a minute that maybe it was a shaft thing but you have the same shaft. Maybe it's the white? lol

Maybe it's my kneejerk reaction to say "mine's bigger". :angel:

Maybe it's my kneejerk reaction to say "mine's bigger". :angel:

lol, maybe buddy. I do know this though, next time I get my hands on them I'm going to see if I can relate to what you were talking about. I like hearing of others perspectives like that.

I'm taking these badboys out for a spin today hopefully. Its been a week since they have been hit, and the bag boys at my club tell me they are sad.

Love the reviews guys. Sounds like TM came out with another winner right behind the R9s

blatant thread jack here but this makes me ponder what the CB's would be like with KBS shafts in them too...

No doubt these are some good sticks and it sounds like TM has another offering for its following...wonder if a Tour version will come out with a white 'lug nut?'

Got to see these on Saturday. They were right handed but I still put my mitts on them. I wanted to hit them but that may have been ugly. According to my guy around here, he's been selling them. I think people appreciate the KBS shafts as a stock offering. He says that's what a lot of people like about them. I'm hoping someone locally gets a lefty demo soon. I'm getting desperate.

blatant thread jack here but this makes me ponder what the CB's would be like with KBS shafts in them too...

No doubt these are some good sticks and it sounds like TM has another offering for its following...wonder if a Tour version will come out with a white 'lug nut?'

Interesting thought. I've not heard much positive stuff about the XP's man.

Interesting thought. I've not heard much positive stuff about the XP's man.

I didn't care for them. If fat old me is hitting the ball too high, something ain't right.

I can't keep the two R11 threads straight.

Kevin

I didn't care for them. If fat old me is hitting the ball too high, something ain't right.

I can't keep the two R11 threads straight.

Kevin

I can't either, so I post in both. You're probably the 100th person I've heard say they hit them too high. That can't be a good thing.

Back