The official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
30 yr fixed rates down to record 3.94% this week. Now, only if we can sell our house, its time to cash in on these great rates for our upcoming move.

This is crazy! My dad dabbles in real estate a little bit and says he is hoping this further stiumlates the housing market.

I agree 100% JB, they may still go down a bit, but I dont know how much lower they can really go before inflation worries ramp up (even more). Its just crazy to think how "cheap" we can buy a mortgage for versus the rates many people (my parents included) were paying in the 90s (9.24% 11/94). How many of us would kill for a 9.24% return every year on our other investments?

Im not sure they can go much lower, but they can stay where they are. Ironically we said the same thing when it was at 5%.

Several weeks ago, Hawk & I were discussing how to watch Golf Channel online. I found a site that lets you stream it for free. I just checked and the coverage was about 5 seconds behind my DirecTV coverage of the Euro Tour. http://www.seeon.tv/view/16854/Golf_channel Add a bookmark, but assume it will be blocked by most work firewalls.

Next item on the to-do list is try to get re-fi'd from my 6% rate to 4. My bank seems to be hopeful that it can happen.

We are going through a refinance with Wells Fargo (they called us). No closing costs whatsoever and dropping from 5.75% to 4.25%. It's higher than the lowest rate out there but with no closing cost at all, it was the way to go for us. We don't know how long we will be in this house so we didn't want to refinance with a ton of closing cost that would just make our principal go up. It's going to save us a substantial amount of money in the long term and we're dropping 5 years off the length of our loan and lowering our payment too.

Several weeks ago, Hawk & I were discussing how to watch Golf Channel online. I found a site that lets you stream it for free. I just checked and the coverage was about 5 seconds behind my DirecTV coverage of the Euro Tour. http://www.seeon.tv/view/16854/Golf_channel Add a bookmark, but assume it will be blocked by most work firewalls.

That's too cool. Thanks!

We are going through a refinance with Wells Fargo (they called us). No closing costs whatsoever and dropping from 5.75% to 4.25%. It's higher than the lowest rate out there but with no closing cost at all, it was the way to go for us. We don't know how long we will be in this house so we didn't want to refinance with a ton of closing cost that would just make our principal go up. It's going to save us a substantial amount of money in the long term and we're dropping 5 years off the length of our loan and lowering our payment too.

I did the same thing but with Chase, went from 5 5/8ths to 4 1/2 with zero costs, nothing. If it does drop to 3 1/2 I will refi again but it has to be a point lower before I will do it again.

Thats going to be a nice savings, 2%.

Yeah hopefully. I just got hitched on saturday so every dollar is needed right now.

Tapatalk

Whirlwind day.

1st - Wife's HHR is leaking oil badly according to the shop, not good as she's a commuter
2nd - She hit 100k today, no warranty and the catalytic converter is going out
3rd - Jman freaks out as they owe 6450 on said 2007 HHR with 100k and is afraid his putters will have to leave
4th - Jman convinces wife to go look at cars knowing they MUST get her something dependable (while secretly fearing for his putters)
5th - We find a 2010 Jeep Patriot 4x4 (we need this for winter in the country) wiht only 5k miles for 19k.
6th - Dealership offers 6,000 for aforementioned dying 2007 HHR, Jman faints
7th - Wife haggles for TT&T to be deducted off out down payment but the same monthly payment we would have had with higher down
8th - Jman awakes to sign paperwork
9th - Wife has new good car
10th - Jman faints again about how they got 6k for the dying HHR
11th - Reports here to THP

What a day.

One of my stocks whipped serious arse today. Up 33%!

Whirlwind day.

1st - Wife's HHR is leaking oil badly according to the shop, not good as she's a commuter
3rd - Jman freaks out as they owe 6450 on said 2007 HHR with 100k and is afraid his putters will have to leave
4th - Jman convinces wife to go look at cars knowing they MUST get her something dependable (while secretly fearing for his putters)
5th - We find a 2010 Jeep Patriot 4x4 (we need this for winter in the country) wiht only 5k miles for 19k.
7th - Wife haggles for TT&T to be deducted off out down payment but the same monthly payment we would have had with higher down

What a day.

Dude that is awesome, happy it all worked out as good as possible for you. Putters should never go bye bye.

Oh, you might wanna get that fainting checked out :act-up:

--
tapatalk

Whirlwind day.

What a day.

Winner... Well done on the negotiating too. I've gotten the Patriot several times as rentals, nice rides for the cash.

Yeah hopefully. I just got hitched on saturday so every dollar is needed right now.

Congrats on getting hitched. When my wife and I got married last year, I signed up for Mint.com to help manage finances. Its a great site because it really helps budget, see where you're spending your money each month, watch trends, etc. Its free and I'd recommend it to anyone.

Great stuff JMan!!

Awhile back I posted some video footage of testing the SCOR's on deadpan lies. Last night someone posts this comment in YouTube:

--------
Hey man I'm sure you would be much more consistent in your ballstriking if you weren't standing straight up at the top of your backswing. Just a thought
--------

Ummm, was I asking for swing advice? Moron!! LOL

Although, yes, they are correct.

Tappin' from my iPad!

It's funny how the biggest swing critics are always the same people terrified to put their own swing out there. What a tool.

It's funny how the biggest swing critics are always the same people terrified to put their own swing out there. What a tool.

Agreed I'm sure that guy's swing is awful and he feels like pointing out other's flaws will make his better. People are so dumb.

And mcook, you've been shooting some good scores recently (I believe I saw 36 and 39 in the What Did You Shoot Thread), so I wouldn't listen to other people who aren't pros. You're swing is working great for you man!

TC,

Y'all going home today?

Tapatalkin

Agreed I'm sure that guy's swing is awful and he feels like pointing out other's flaws will make his better. People are so dumb.

And mcook, you've been shooting some good scores recently (I believe I saw 36 and 39 in the What Did You Shoot Thread), so I wouldn't listen to other people who aren't pros. You're swing is working great for you man!

And he does it on Youtube of all places. The best part about a golf swing is that each one of ours belongs to us. And it doesn't matter what's going on from the start of the swing as long as you deliver a square club face at impact. Keep up the good work cookie.

Oh, and by the way, if you made more putts, you'd make more birdies! :alien:

TC,

Y'all going home today?

Tapatalkin

No dude, we go home tomorrow. Little one has a couple of things they want to monitor for another day or so. I hate being here dude. It's uncomfortable and I'm ready to be home. Last night was a LONG night, lol.

No dude, we go home tomorrow. Little one has a couple of things they want to monitor for another day or so. I hate being here dude. It's uncomfortable and I'm ready to be home. Last night was a LONG night, lol.

I feel ya man. We had to stay extra days and it sucked.

Tapatalkin

And he does it on Youtube of all places. The best part about a golf swing is that each one of ours belongs to us. And it doesn't matter what's going on from the start of the swing as long as you deliver a square club face at impact. Keep up the good work cookie.

Oh, and by the way, if you made more putts, you'd make more birdies! :alien:

These are the same people that would critique Furyk, Gainey, and so many others because they are not realizing the only thing that matters is 18 inches before and after the ball.
Outing approved...

Thanks guys!

TC: thanks for the putting tip, I will try to start making them on the first try. :D

Glad to see you and the family heading home soon - hospitals suck!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

These are the same people that would critique Furyk, Gainey, and so many others because they are not realizing the only thing that matters is 18 inches before and after the ball.
Outing approved...

Yes sir! Cookie will be outing approved soon enough. I can tell from his vid's that he's a real down to earth, let's get it cracking, type of guy. He'll be fine and I like the swing!

Thanks guys!

TC: thanks for the putting tip, I will try to start making them on the first try. :D

Glad to see you and the family heading home soon - hospitals suck!!

Tappin' from my iPad!

Yeah, the staff rocks here and everyone's friendly but I'm ready to be at home.

Cookie dont even sweat it. We were blessed with A$$h*les, your just happens to be watching youtube this morning
Great stuff JMan!!

Awhile back I posted some video footage of testing the SCOR's on deadpan lies. Last night someone posts this comment in YouTube:

--------
Hey man I'm sure you would be much more consistent in your ballstriking if you weren't standing straight up at the top of your backswing. Just a thought
--------

Ummm, was I asking for swing advice? Moron!! LOL

Although, yes, they are correct.

Tappin' from my iPad!

That's the one thing all of this digital exposure has opened us up to, the critic. When you stay in the civilized confines of THP everyone is friendly. But outside not so much. I'd love to have you kind of numbers cookie.

Tapatalk

I'm traveling so I'm not THPing as much as I'd like to. Hmm. Don't have too much fun without me gentlemen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back