What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmm ive never been there...
next time youre in diego and make it south of torrey pines into pacific beach... you have to visit taco surf... awesome burritos...

tonight im thinking fast food... too lazy right now
I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!

Back on the topic of food and mix packets with Esox, the Knorr Hollindaise works well enough to make some great Oscar dishes.

it was fried eggplant with parmesan cheese and italian sausage meat sauce

That Taco Shop looks tasty!

Halibut w/ pesto, seasoned potatoes, and Gewürztraminer for us tonight.

had a #1 at bk large... now im hungry again

roast beef and swiss sandwich on onion french bread with garlic horseradish sauce and a side of Sweet and Spicy Chili Doritios

Last night's dinner: chilean sea bass, asparagus and white rice :)

bar food tonight (aka happy hour)

You mentioned carne asada is the only reason I bring it up. I get one every time I am in San Diego.

Large flour tortilla (warmed)
carne asada
french fries
sour cream
cheese

Squeeze lime and add hot sauce after each bite.

It's quite possibly the best thing I have ever eaten.

They actually put the french fries in the burrito? That's crazy! But now I want to try it haha.

Agreed. I have such a hard time eating Mexican food here, because nothing compares to out West.

A close second is some of the local Cuban and Peruvian places that have outstanding cuisine!

No doubt... I have an Argentinian Steak House that's a little sleeper here but mostly Cuban, Puerto Rican fare around my ways. There's a couple of Mexican places but it's still not the same.

Now I keep thinking pollo a la plancha right now. Hmmm.

Growing up in South Florida we ate a lot of Cuban food and it's some of my favorite foods. That is something I miss a lot over here. We have a great Mexican restaurant but nothing Cuban. I could go for some lechon asado right about now, yum!

it was fried eggplant with parmesan cheese and italian sausage meat sauce

I don't normally like sausage but in a meat sauce I think I would, that dish sounds delicious. I am obsessed with meat sauce.

so far just beer, which of course will make just about anything taste good!

Microwave hot dogs and Miller Lite. Yay

you must have the house to yourself tonight!!! lucky dog!

i had a spinach salad with strawberries, walnuts, feta cheese and grilled chicken (marinated in soy sauce and maple syrup)

maple syrup in salad? I can forgive the strawberries but syrup? everything else sounds great

you must have the house to yourself tonight!!! lucky dog!

i had a spinach salad with strawberries, walnuts, feta cheese and grilled chicken (marinated in soy sauce and maple syrup)

maple syrup in salad? I can forgive the strawberries but syrup? everything else sounds great

nah man, i marinate my chicken in a mix of soy sauce and maple syrup before i throw it on the grill. it's delicious! and you know what? i bet you try it, lol

lol ok bro if you say its good I'll try it!

Fish and chips.

lol ok bro if you say its good I'll try it!

it's sooo good! i also like to batter some chicken thighs and then dip it in frosted flakes (breading) and then bake it, mmmmm!

uhhh frosted flakes.... theeiir great! with milk!

ok got buzzed and went with the big salad loaded with everything agian!

Grilled bratwursts and potato salad.

so far just beer, which of course will make just about anything taste good!

these food threads are killing me... lolz... im going on a beer run cuz 'tonight is kinda special... weekends were made for having fun...'

last night was pepper steak with tons of shrooms

thanks for reminding me Russ. need more beer! and enjoy your "fun" time man! :act-up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back