Cleveland Launcher Ultralite FW Wood Review

Hope you bomb it dude.

Me too. I love the way it sets up behind the ball and sits on the ground. Hate the grip though. It's the same as the Mashie grip. It will be coming off stat.

Grip doesn't bother me, but I can understand where you're coming from if you normally use a midsize. Wait till you hit it dude. The sound is money.

Me too. I love the way it sets up behind the ball and sits on the ground. Hate the grip though. It's the same as the Mashie grip. It will be coming off stat.

I'm guessing you game a mid -sized grip with those paws you have? You can get the Winn light mid size grips and it will not effect the swing weight much if any.

I'm guessing you game a mid -sized grip with those paws you have? You can get the Winn light mid size grips and it will not effect the swing weight much if any.

Thats what I did with the Mashie, but getting that grip on was a b!tch, I think I'm going to contact CLeveland about getting a midsize grip for the driver.

I can rock a standard grip, it doesn't have to be midsize. I just like my Tour Velvets. I'm a homer.

I can rock a standard grip, it doesn't have to be midsize. I just like my Tour Velvets. I'm a homer.

Meh...Im not a fan of the stock cleveland grips on the drivers, fws, and mashies...they just seem to slip too much

I've never noticed that at all. I actually think they're quite good.

They feel small to me idk why have you ever thought that? I usually dont care about grips but I tend to notice these a big more.

But you have Belbs like hands, haha

I guess that's why there's the option to put other grips on, so we can all be happy. The grip is the least of my concern. I'm excited about having a premium shaft, and one that wan't hurt me when I get a bit fatigued.

Thats what I did with the Mashie, but getting that grip on was a b!tch, I think I'm going to contact CLeveland about getting a midsize grip for the driver.

That's because the butt end of the Miyazaki shaft is larger than standard. The Winn grips have the little black collar on them that make it hard to get on. I had the same issue however with non winn grips they should slide on without a problem.

No, I haven't noticed. They seem standard to me. I can understand having preferences though.

I have been wondering about replacement grips for the FL series myself. The stock grips have been great, and it seems like as they wear, they have some really fine cords in the grip. anyone else notice this?

i regripped my mashie and my fl 3 wood, and both were a pain, the butt is bigger lol.. keep the tape extra wet.. both have GP VDR grips! and i was bombing this again yesterday. If you are pondering this wood! Stop pondering and go hit it!

Question of the day: is it going to rain? It's cool and dark outside. I think mother nature knew I received my 3wood last night.

Same issues here right now. I had to play in rain and sub 60's on Wednesday. Pants and THP Umbrella ftw!

Same issues here right now. I had to play in rain and sub 60's on Wednesday. Pants and THP Umbrella ftw!

I love playing golf in the conditions man. It makes me channel my inner Westwood. I hope this 3wood is as advertised dude. I think I'm going to video my first ball strike with it, get it live! Get some real time reaction!

i regripped my mashie and my fl 3 wood, and both were a pain, the butt is bigger lol.. keep the tape extra wet.. both have GP VDR grips! and i was bombing this again yesterday. If you are pondering this wood! Stop pondering and go hit it!

I did the same, wasn't as difficult as I thought it'd be. However, I did use lead tape the head to re-balance the added weight of the VDR.

Any problems with swingweight or feel of the club? I know that Cleveland mentions that the "superlite" grips are important for the balance/feel of the club.

I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the feel and sound.

It's amazingly well balanced for such a light club.

I was very fortunate to be able to miss the rain storm that rolled in. I got a small bucket of balls and proceeded to punish them down the range with the FL 3wood. I was really quite impressed by the 3wood. Seems as though my miss is in fact a bit of a pull, rather than the slice that I'm accustomed to, but that makes me think that the C. Kua shaft is more than adequate in the department of standing up to my swing. What's the most impressive thing about the 3wood to me is that I don't feel like I have to work to hit it. It offers a beautiful blend of ease and forgiveness.

I took a couple of videos of the club in action. The one below is literally the first time I hit the club so check it out!

I decided to get a little more video of some shots after getting a bit warmed up!

All in all, the club impresses me a lot, especially initially. I am playing Monday and I'm thinking about using it exclusively off the tee. We shall see!

I'll have to check the vids later, but I'm glad you liked it dude.

Any problems with swingweight or feel of the club? I know that Cleveland mentions that the "superlite" grips are important for the balance/feel of the club.

Its a good question for Matty, I was to afraid to test it out so I added lead tape to keep the same balance.

Great initial thoughts TC. My swing's been a bit off lately, but when I was hitting it good before, I was seeing around 220 with my 17*. Even knocked a few further than than on the range. It's a great club.

I hit the 15* 3 wood mid summer and was really impressed - - good launch and distance, and very straight. My miss, a hook, was still there on occasion but as I smoothed out the swing the club performed exceptionally. I didn't purchase at the time, as I was really looking for irons, and was reading some negative comments about limited grip options. But there is a Cleveland demo day at my local range next Saturday - - hmmm.....

Great videos TC, really enjoyed them. BTW your swing is looking really good dude, looks powerful

Back