Taylormade Tour Preferred MC Iron Review Thread

Love that setup, Blu. I would've went white/black in my grip as well if they would've had it in midsize.

I need a midsized as well. I just put 3 wraps of tape under the grip. Instant midsize.

I need a midsized as well. I just put 3 wraps of tape under the grip. Instant midsize.

I'll keep that in mind for the regrip.

Nice set Joe. Looks awesome.

Did you think that the increased playability of the MB was worth any extra forgiveness of the MC at the bottom of the set? I have not even tried to hit the MBs because they look too hard to hit.

The MCs are just fine in the shorts. My choice of MBs is fueled by comfort. I'm used to that transition. But it was mostly fueled by ego and want.

The set looks great, Joe. Will be interested to see how it flows for you.

The set looks great, Joe. Will be interested to see how it flows for you.

So am I. The flow from the cbs to the MCs has me the most curious

So am I. The flow from the cbs to the MCs has me the most curious
The forgiveness and the awesomeness of the CBs has me most curious.

Im kind of surprised you didnt go with a full set of CBs, honestly.

The forgiveness and the awesomeness of the CBs has me most curious.

Im kind of surprised you didnt go with a full set of CBs, honestly.

I probably should have. But I really liked the MCs. I didn't hit them great, but I know where I usually am with ball striking. I also blame the short club length and lie angles.

And again, the blades got mixed in because I wanted them. No real performance reason.

I probably should have. But I really liked the MCs. I didn't hit them great, but I know where I usually am with ball striking. I also blame the short club length and lie angles.

And again, the blades got mixed in because I wanted them. No real performance reason.
I hear you. Not saying you shouldnt be gaming them or not, by any means. But, I would really like to see how you gamed a full set of CBs. I think they would be a great match for you.

I hear you. Not saying you shouldnt be gaming them or not, by any means. But, I would really like to see how you gamed a full set of CBs. I think they would be a great match for you.

No worries brother. I knew what you were saying.

Truth be told. There are a lot of irons that I would love to see how they play.

Big shout out to KBS Shafts. I sent them a tweet asking if they sold shaft labels because TaylorMade sent my MCs with Tour 90 shafts with the KBS TaylorMade 90 shaft labels. They quickly replied saying they would send me a set of labels for free and provided an email address for me to contact them with my shipping address. Awesome customer service.

Thanks also go to Jman and Hawk for quickly easing my worries about TaylorMade possibly sending me the wrong shafts. TaylorMade 90 shafts wouldn't fit in the MCs. Thanks for the explanation, guys!

Pics to come...

I saw their tweet response to you, and favorited it. That is great CS and deserved a shout out.

No worries brother. I knew what you were saying.

Truth be told. There are a lot of irons that I would love to see how they play.

Shiny stuff is fun. Fact.

Kinda wordy with the "Tour Preferred" in red, TP always looked cleaner. Nonetheless, sharp looking clubs. However, the CB is strange looking with the chunk out of the back, but it's still pretty cool.

Kinda wordy with the "Tour Preferred" in red, TP always looked cleaner. Nonetheless, sharp looking clubs. However, the CB is strange looking with the chunk out of the back, but it's still pretty cool.

There is a very good reason Taylormade dropped the "TP".

Not familiar with what you're talking about. Why did they drop it?

Not familiar with what you're talking about. Why did they drop it?

For years, "TP" at Taylormade has been a shaft upgrade. Think R1 and R1 TP, the difference is the shaft. These irons are "Tour Preferred", they are more of a head change than a shaft change. Taylormade wants people to see "Tour Preferred" and know that it is a head designed for a specific demographic. Plus, the TP logo doesn't make any sense, what does the checkered flag mean?

And to add to that, they had like a RBZ Tour TP and a RBZ TP and a RBZ...that's confusing. TP used to mean something, it got lost and now they are simplifying their stuff and Tour Preferred will become meaningful and describing those product lines better.

looks like they were made to be a combo set shape from CB to MC to MB is very similar

looks like they were made to be a combo set shape from CB to MC to MB is very similar

There is a definite difference between the clubs, but they do blend well together.

There is a definite difference between the clubs, but they do blend well together.

They really look Cleaner than a combo set last year the MB are very nice

They really look Cleaner than a combo set last year the MB are very nice

The MBs may be the cleanest looking TMag irons I have seen. But the real all-star are the CBs. The MCs are a pretty decent marriage of the two

The MBs may be the cleanest looking TMag irons I have seen. But the real all-star are the CBs. The MCs are a pretty decent marriage of the two

If the CB are the allstar i guess that is why it seems there are a lot of pros play CB's 4-7 and MC 8-PW

If the CB are the allstar i guess that is why it seems there are a lot of pros play CB's 4-7 and MC 8-PW

Yup. But I also wouldn't be too concerned with what the pros are playing. They're better golfers than me.

Yup. But I also wouldn't be too concerned with what the pros are playing. They're better golfers than me.

It was an observation on why i had seen more CB than MB when i had looked a Pro WITB

It was an observation on why i had seen more CB than MB when i had looked a Pro WITB

Oh no doubt. It is interesting that tour pros are opting for forgiveness

Got a little bit of a cold, but I booked a 1PM tee time for my first round with the MCs with the Tour 90s. Perfect weather, but the course should be really soft from all the ice/rain. Really excited to get these out on the course.

Back