Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to try and make a push for Indy. It'll be tough for me being at work and doing everything via phone, but it can be done.

Good idea as both are going to be tough to get in. My gut says Indy is a bit tougher of a ticket.

To Golds, if you are planning to try and sign up for one, don't forget AC membership to make sure your email entry gets counted.

Thanks JB, I would never forget that detail! I'm so excited for this year and I'm really leaning towards the Indy event, the course looks awesome.

So who has the latest run down of who's trying to get into Ocean City and Indianapolis? I'm still trying to figure out if I can do one of them and which one I want to sign up for. Big influence would be who from this thread is trying to go to which event.

Going to be trying for OC. If I get in I will start making plans for a long weekend vaca, probably leave Thursday, come back Monday.

It would be cool to see a THP event announced in NY next year, tons of great courses.

So who has the latest run down of who's trying to get into Ocean City and Indianapolis? I'm still trying to figure out if I can do one of them and which one I want to sign up for. Big influence would be who from this thread is trying to go to which event.

I'm trying to get into both.

Same here. I am going and hoping for both, but looks like there is going to be a high demand for both.

It would be cool to see a THP event announced in NY next year, tons of great courses.

We will have our gatherings during the summer and we do see people from out of state join us.

THP only has a few Invitationals a year and while I don't personally know, I am sure a lot of thought/planning go into where they choose to host them. They do a phenomenal job of giving us access to great courses throughout the country for great rates.

We will have our gatherings during the summer and we do see people from out of state join us.

THP only has a few Invitationals a year and while I don't personally know, I am sure a lot of thought/planning go into where they choose to host them. They do a phenomenal job of giving us access to great courses throughout the country for great rates.

That they do, but you. Never know what they are planning for 2015

We have been in NJ the last 3 years.
Last year we were in CT & NJ

that's cool I wasn't saying there weren't any events close to NY, more that as a Upstate New Yorker it would be really cool to see something in the heart of NY and show people how much a golf state NY is. Wasn't accusing the THP team of not giving the members great venues lol.

that's cool I wasn't saying there weren't any events close to NY, more that as a Upstate New Yorker it would be really cool to see something in the heart of NY and show people how much a golf state NY is. Wasn't accusing the THP team of not giving the members great venues lol.

I know dude, just pointing out that we have been just a couple of hours away from you guys every single year we have done events. There are lots of great states and we have been in many of them. Few states offer more golf than our home state, yet leave it behind because we know that not everybody can travel to the Southeast for every event.

We base some of our travel to where large amounts of Albatross Club members are.

I know dude, just pointing out that we have been just a couple of hours away from you guys every single year we have done events. There are lots of great states and we have been in many of them. Few states offer more golf than our home state, yet leave it behind because we know that not everybody can travel to the Southeast for every event.

We base some of our travel to where large amounts of Albatross Club members are.

I completely agree, just a random comment I thought would be cool to think about with my fellow regional members.

I'll be trying my best to get into the Indy event. Anyone coming from upstate we can get a carpool together to get out there.

I'll be trying my best to get into the Indy event. Anyone coming from upstate we can get a carpool together to get out there.

Indy would be my goal as well, if I try to get in AND get picked I would definitely try to carpool with others.

And only a 7 hour drive to OH!

I agree THP are well winthin distance for us. I have talked about this with dcbrad and tnyo when we went to Hubbard OH for "just a get together". Something in the Erie,PA area would work for a lot of people also it seems. All of upstate ny 3hrs, pittsburg pa 3 hours, cleveland 3 hours, cincy 5 hours. Maybe not an option for a THP invitational but would be a great spot for a large THP get together.

hoping to get into to OC, making it a long weekend trip. hope we can get some of us from the thread to give a good showing :banana:

hoping to get into to OC, making it a long weekend trip. hope we can get some of us from the thread to give a good showing :banana:
I hope to be there. Should be one heck of a time!

I think a long weekend would be the way to go, but that's mucho dinero for me.

OK...........Got back late last nite and what a great time! Nine rounds and lots of pictures(Jim and Aaron should post them soon!) I see I've got alot of catching up to do.

Not sure how many members in this thread are from Rochester, but do any of you purchase the parks pass? Although the courses aren't maintained as much as some of the nicer courses in Rochester, I've found the pass to be a great deal. Durand has gone downhill the past few years and the drainage system has to be the worst I've ever seen but Churchville and Genesee offer decent courses for the price. With the unlimited golf deal, you can end up playing for free by the end of the year.

Not sure how many members in this thread are from Rochester, but do any of you purchase the parks pass? Although the courses aren't maintained as much as some of the nicer courses in Rochester, I've found the pass to be a great deal. Durand has gone downhill the past few years and the drainage system has to be the worst I've ever seen but Churchville and Genesee offer decent courses for the price. With the unlimited golf deal, you can end up playing for free by the end of the year.

I pay about $600 a year to be a member at LeRoy CC and I have it paid for in the first 2 months.

Pictures for Allan.

pu9y5ady.jpg

uba7eqe8.jpg

ysumybyr.jpg

They look great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back